Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magical Groups in Missions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Boomer1985
Just a quick question can a mage or adept join one of the magical groups from street magic so that you can get the karma discount from group initiation
SaintHax
The magic group has to be created by mission players. There are a couple out there-- don't forget it cost karma to join the group-- I had an "accounting" error b/c I forgot the 5 karma needed to join *shrug*
BishopMcQ
There are several possibilities for magical groups. While players are encouraged to join other groups made up of Missions players, to build community ties, it is not mandatory to do so.

LINK A Combat focused group for Adepts.
LINK A Stealth focused group for Adepts.
LINK A Zoroastrian group
LINK A collection of groups.

If you have affiliations with certain corporations, membership to an initiatory group may be available for successful completion of a project. The Illuminates of the New Dawn are always accepting new citizen-candidates for the SINners amongst you, and the Rat Pack may be available to certain runners who have made the Neo-A's watch-list of talent.

I hope that helps give you a feeling for some of the groups and flavors out there at the moment. If you want to start a group and don't know how, Aaron or I can help walk you through the process. You can also post here, the DemoTeam player's registry, or on other forums if you are looking for other Missions players from conventions or local events to team up with and initiate.

If you have other questions, you can also check the Missions FAQ LINK. (I point this out last since the Magic Groups question wasn't in there explicitly.)
SaintHax
Thanks for the info-- did not know.
BishopMcQ
It was pointed out to me that the last link I provided had a closing post from Dunner. While what Dunner said is accurate--you can't create groups with random characters, if you have a character that wants to join one of the groups, reach out to Aaron or I. We will make sure that the characters listed are legal characters.

We want things to be fun, and belonging to a group with other characters that you run with semi-regularly is probably going to be more fun than with a group you see once every few years. If you join a magical group, please bring a sheet with the writeup (strictures, etc) with you to any games in case your GM asks to see it.
Black Jack Rackham
Speaking for Silence and Shadow, I believe we need just one more regular player to join before becoming an official Missions group. HINT HINT.

Mark
Axl
Hello. I have playing Shadowrun for a long time with friends (back to third edition). However I am new to your forum. In New York Missions, I asked my GM about the possibility of joining an initiation group. He suggested that I should ask here. Thanks.
Aaron
Axl, this is the place. Ask around; there are plenty of players with characters who might be interested in starting a group or letting you join theirs.
Axl
Okay, thanks. I play a combat shaman, Mentor Dark Goddess. I'm looking for a like-minded group for initiation.
LurkerOutThere
Axl was that GM at Nuke-con? In which case Hi!
Axl
Er, no. Sorry.
Fringe
My home group (Missions-based) would like to start a magical group.

Here's what we have so far:

Name: The Conquistadors

Purpose: The Conquistadors is a group of Hermetic mages, Christian theurges and warrior adepts devoted to mutual protection and service to the oppressed. The group functions primarily in helping its members' mystical journeys, through initiation and other magical resource sharing.

Members: 3

Strictures: Exclusive Membership, Exclusive Ritual, Fraternity, Oath, Secrecy

Resources/Dues: Street. Members share their personal resources, such as lodges, but there is no group headquarters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012