Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: House Names
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aidley
Our group calls BTLs either BLTs or Beetles.

DV8
You mean like, rigging a vehicle with cool guns, gear and goodies would be called "A-Teaming a car?"
Munchkinslayer
I call mine Mr. Happy.
Ferrit
Any run that goes badly wrong is refered to as going Aspirin as its a bloomin' headache.
Aidley
You mean like, rigging a vehicle with cool guns, gear and goodies would be called "A-Teaming a car?"

we had a car we called Kit once.

and if you're old enough to get it, you're old enough to have played the test run of 1st ed SR. wink.gif
Austere Emancipator
Even I got it, and I'm 21. I've got the theme and 4 remixes thereof (as well as all songs that I know which have the theme in them) as mp3s (not that their pirated or anything).

We have plenty of nicknames for stuff, but unfortunately they are all in Finnish and don't translate too well.
crazyivans
Aidley, you don't have to be old enough anymore, syndication is a wonderful thing... We call perception tests "look-sees", does that count?
winterhawk11
Our team calls form-fitting armor "Underoos"... smile.gif
Aidley
Aidley, you don't have to be old enough anymore, syndication is a wonderful thing... We call perception tests "look-sees", does that count?

Weeeell, you do kind of need to be old enough where i live, but nevermind.

I have this one character, who calls rolling her charisma to influence people 'rolling my pretty'

Our team calls form-fitting armor "Underoos"...

LOL

kevyn668
What, you don't get Sci-fi channel in Australia?
fourstring_samurai
our team calls tir tairngire(sp) and tir na nog tangerine and egg nog, respectively.
LoseAsDirected
Well, one of my PCs refers to Renraku as 'those fucking assholes who killed my last character'..

How about that?
fourstring_samurai
forgot about this one. its not a house "name" really, its more of a house symbol.

simply make a fist, and grab your forearm at the start of the elbow.

take a long look at your arm, and i'll tell you what the symbol means by qouting the game conversation that spawned it.

PC:"so, my troll is about average build and height for a troll right?"

GM:"hmmm...yeah, i'd say so"

PC:"so how big would his ween be?"

GM(after a shocked look, thinks about it for a second) :"oh, about this (insert above symbol) big"

so from now on, whenever a troll is around, and the group's feeling silly, someone makes that symbol.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Aidley)

we had a car we called Kit once.

and if you're old enough to get it, you're old enough to have played the test run of 1st ed SR. wink.gif

Knight Industries Two Thousand!
Catsnightmare
Form Fit armor = gunderwear
Boosted Reflexes = chemo reflexes
Remmington Roomsweeper = hand-cannon

Playing Games
nuyen are dollars
Lone Star are cowboys,f***ing texens
Vampires are corpses that need a clue.
Renraku, when the lesser evil is just not enough.
Ghost walker..Little D.
Denver, party town.
LA, Hell Lay.
Decking, games
Texas, is hell.
NAN, the happy hunting grounds.
Tir nar nor...Ireland
Ares,toy shop
Novatech,candy store.
Aztlan,F***stanbul.
Fortune
QUOTE (kevyn668)
What, you don't get Sci-fi channel in Australia?

Nope! frown.gif
Zazen
"Blowing up the coast guard boat" is what happens when the GM is being hideously walked on by the players. The game goes entirely out the window as the players somehow get away with stupid shit like blowing up the planet, stealing all of the money in the whole world, submerging the Hall of Justice in sewage, or hijacking and destroying the coast guard boat that was rescuing you for no reason. If it happens, it is inevitably the last game of the campaign.

Thankfully I've not yet been the GM in this situation, only an annoyed player.
Fonitrus
Stuffer-Shacks are Burger Queen restaurants
Improved Reflexes Spell is raising shields
(confused player who is the resident mage for the last 2 years and 5+ charactes all sorcerors...and he still has problems with magic rules such a drain allocation and spell defence and the most important the ability to astraly target ppl etc etc)

we have a player who consistetly names one of his free contacts Jack McFingers.

so now Jack McFinger is like a household name of a fixer who knows all... smile.gif
if u dont know Jack u havent been born yet. smile.gif

we have 2 players OOC designated as fallGuy1 and fallGuy2 one being that confused mage smile.gif

we have Target Number Modifiers called Marjan Factor (because sometimes i dont tell them why i added +1 or +2 or such on their roles..simply because they dont need to know OOC because they will abuse it ingame)

Drones are "those things that end campaigns".

anyone crrying more than 10 kilos of C4 in their backpack is cautioned OOC "dont pull a Nikolai ok?" (nikolai was a russian spetzna guy that went bannanas after many encounters with magic and supernatural beings...ending with a firece battle with bug spirits and a visit to the hive rescued from death taken to hospital...as most runners they had all weapons on them so doctor called police..police arrives shootout..nikolai detonates the 50kg of C4 he had with him in his backpack that he shaped it in a vest in his moments of craziness...kaboom...took a nasty chunk of the hospital smile.gif)

when i mention Lodge we all think Buldozer and vice versa.

Beer is Nova Nuke
Wine is Trog Crusher

Trespassing signs:
-Guards with smgs skill of 5 on premises = "Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again"
-Guards with assault rifles skill of 5 = " 130 people killed since 2051" (we play in 2063)
-Place where i dont want them to go "Snipers test grounds, enter at own risk"

there is a running joke called Wisperring Children and its often associated with percieving for sounds in the dark. (once i thought it may be a good idea to use a random generation table to get some exterior details in place quicker), i managed to get a bank, a 90 floor office building, grocery store and a power transformer station next to each other and on a glimpse , cross read 2 different lines, i came up with a quick "you hear Wispering Children"...it was a glitch from cross-reading Whispering and Children Crossing. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012