Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server Moving
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Neuron Basher
Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to give a heads up that there's going to be some downtime of all the Dumpshock sites at some point over the next day and a half. I found out today that I have until midnight tomorrow night to migrate all that is Dumpshock to a new hosting provider. I apologize for the short notice, I'll do everything I can to keep the downtime to a minimum.
Neuron Basher
Update: The forums have been moved to their new server. The remaining dumpshock.com sites will be moved over the next 24 hours. Please let me know if you notice anything amiss.
Kagetenshi
At least some non-ASCII characters appear to have been mangled in the move, though there's probably nothing to be done about it now other than warn you for the next server move, whenever that is.

~J
Zormal
I was wondering why DS seems so much snappier. No delays, fast searches and everything!

This explains it.
Thank you smile.gif
Kagetenshi
I don't know if it was this particular server change, or how many threads were affected, but some of the archives appear to have gotten mangled in strange ways.

See, for example, this thread. In a number of places, the substring "tion" has been inexplicably replaced by "mg s" (I can't discern a pattern in the time available). This also appears to have affected mfb's signature, which also revealed to me that in places "ion" was replaced by "g s".

~J
Stahlseele
yyeeaaah ssuurree . .
Ancient History
Is this why I can't get on the FTP to edit my site?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012