Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PM spam!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Backgammon
I've received a PM spam. Spam posts are bad enough, PM spam is pretty terrible. Can you look into it? I still have the message and can forward if required.
Redjack
forward to me
KarmaInferno
Also got a spam, has been forwarded.

Ok. I think I have taken care of that. If anyone else gets a PM spam, please forward the SPAM to me (make sure also to note what user sent you the spam).

As a note to everyone who replied, all the reported PM spam was from the same user.
Superbum
I got some pm spam today from a member named GooDFriend.
Hocus Pocus
oopsies. deleted mine frown.gif
Artemis
I've forwarded one from - Manninblack
Eurotroll
QUOTE (Artemis @ Jan 26 2010, 02:02 PM) *
I've forwarded one from - Manninblack

Got one from MannInBlakk, obviously the same bot.
Nightfalke
QUOTE (Eurotroll @ Jan 26 2010, 07:10 AM) *
Got one from MannInBlakk, obviously the same bot.

Ditto.
Redjack
He's been toasted.
nezumi
There are viruses' activity from my computer in last few days!!

(Thank you for eating that one. And here I was, all excited to get mail nyahnyah.gif )
apollo124
Manninblackk sure was busy sending that to us all! Hardly seems worth the effort. Like the Dumpshock crowd wouldn't know a spammer! Anybody got a Black Hammer handy?
Redjack
The server may go offline for a few minutes this morning as I work on locking out the PM spammers by creating a probationary group.
Redjack
Probationary group created requiring 10 posts prior to promotion as a member. PM'ing not allowed by probationary members.
Prime Mover
Got one too from maninblack, from 3 hours ago. Think this was before the fix?
Redjack
He was locked down 2 hours ago and the system was updated a little over an hour ago.
TranKirsaKali
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jan 26 2010, 10:00 AM) *
There are viruses' activity from my computer in last few days!!

(Thank you for eating that one. And here I was, all excited to get mail nyahnyah.gif )

I was excited too. Was wondering who was trying to get a hold of me!
Acidsaliva

I got a ManninBlack one.
Forwarded it to you Redjack.

But I think you've got it under control under his name came up 'PM Spam' and his ranking / group was 'Banned'. GJ for getting on top of it so quickly.
Ayeohx
I hope none of our members go to this site. Is there a way to axe the PMs? Will deleting the offending users delete the PMs?
darthmord
QUOTE (apollo124 @ Jan 26 2010, 10:04 AM) *
Manninblackk sure was busy sending that to us all! Hardly seems worth the effort. Like the Dumpshock crowd wouldn't know a spammer! Anybody got a Black Hammer handy?

These guys apparently don't know their target audience very well. I can't imagine that we'd be *that* stupid as to go to that website in the PM.

(Yes, I received that PM as well).

Glad to see the sysops are on the ball. Gives me that warm and fuzzy 'watched by Fastjack' feeling. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012