Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Status of SR4A-LE
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FenrisWolf
Has anyone seen an update regarding the SR4A Limited Edition and when it is expected to ship? I email Adam two weeks ago and never got a reply. For the record, this is not a post to start another jihad against Battlecorps but just an inquiry to see if anyone has heard when they are expected to ship. I did receive the apologetic email with the $10 voucher but to be perfectly honest, I would trade the voucher for a reasonably accurate shipping date.
Ancient History
Now now, you know the rules: when CGL knows when the books are gonna ship, you get told. That way there's no false hopes.
FenrisWolf
Aww, come on AH, throw me a bone smile.gif

Seriously, even a "sometime before the end of 2009" or "1st quarter 2010" would give me the warm and fuzzies.
Karoline
QUOTE (FenrisWolf @ Oct 5 2009, 03:13 PM) *
Aww, come on AH, throw me a bone smile.gif

Seriously, even a "sometime before the end of 2009" or "1st quarter 2010" would give me the warm and fuzzies.

I can reasonably predict that SR4A LE will ship before we enter the time of SR1 biggrin.gif
AJCarrington
For what it's worth (note this is very subjective), FRP Games? has it listed as an October pre-order.

AJC
Adarael
What's odd for me is I pre-ordered the LE, and they haven't mailed me. And now Battlecorps says I have an account... but it's not tied to any of my email accounts. So I can't log in without contacting quartermaster@battlecorps.com.

Which I should do, but I keep forgetting.
kzt
That's Adam, at least sometimes.
FenrisWolf
I guess I'll cross my fingers and wait for a FedEx package at my door someday.
Adarael
That's kinda what I'm doing. wink.gif I'll get a nice surprise! Or... I won't, and won't lose any sleep over it, since I pre-ordered so long ago.
cerbero
There was an older Thread, so I posted there...

QUOTE (AJCarrington @ Oct 5 2009, 08:49 PM) *
For what it's worth (note this is very subjective), FRP Games? has it listed as an October pre-order.

Also the Runners Toolkit, the Vice book, the next Book on Dawn of Artifacts... thats not even subjektive, thats just a list ...

And the truth: If its someting like "First quarter 2010" I prefer to get my money back.
Cryonic
Technically they aren't supposed to charge you for the product until it ships. So, while you might have a preorder in for the book, you haven't actually paid for it (unless they are doing something wonky).
cerbero
Maybe technically... doesn't change the fact that my paypalaccount was about 95 $ lighter (LE + First Class International Package) than before the preorder. And that to a much poorer exchange rate (Euro/US$) than the last week.
Karoline
QUOTE (Cryonic @ Oct 6 2009, 04:08 PM) *
Technically they aren't supposed to charge you for the product until it ships. So, while you might have a preorder in for the book, you haven't actually paid for it (unless they are doing something wonky).

I've never seen that before. Any time I've pre-ordered anything I've either had to pay in full in advance, or at least put down some sort of deposit. (Not just talking about them, but any online store: Amazon, Steam, etc)
FenrisWolf
According to my bank statement, my account was drafted $79.44 in March so they in fact have the money.
brennanhawkwood
QUOTE (Cryonic @ Oct 6 2009, 05:08 PM) *

Depends on the merchant. I've seen both models...pre-order means they get your money now and you get the product when it becomes available and pre-order just earmarks a copy for you and when they come in you are charged and it is sent to you.

I don't know off hand which way Catalyst's online merchant works (though I suspect the prior based on posts here and my vague recollections from dealing with them). Always makes sense to check the 'small print' and see which way it is handled any time one does a pre-order. On the other hand, I am one of those strange people that usually reads what is on the page in front of them (as opposed to 90% of the users of the systems I build at any rate). I would say it is safest to assume the first model unless you know someone does it the other way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012