Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Straight from the headlines - a 'classic' shadowrun op!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Weaver95
No joke.
remmus
QUOTE (Weaver95 @ Oct 21 2009, 08:25 PM) *

not really, to few explosions
Weaver95
QUOTE (remmus @ Oct 21 2009, 01:30 PM) *
not really, to few explosions

not every SR op has to involve explosions. In fact, most of the time you want to AVOID attracting attention.
remmus
QUOTE (Weaver95 @ Oct 21 2009, 08:34 PM) *
not every SR op has to involve explosions. In fact, most of the time you want to AVOID attracting attention.

aww now your mean frown.gif

plus he wasen´t acting outside the law by order of someone but by his own call.
Cheshyr
Definitely some poetic justice there, even if it took him 27 years to get it.
Weaver95
QUOTE (Cheshyr @ Oct 21 2009, 01:37 PM) *
Definitely some poetic justice there, even if it took him 27 years to get it.

indeed.

"Mr Krombach, 74, was found trussed up with head injuries in a lane near the criminal court in the eastern city of Mulhouse on Sunday after an anonymous caller with an Eastern European accent tipped off police. "

'Deliver to Lt. James Gordon' was the only thing missing.....
Ayeohx
This guy is my personal hero!!!

I'd have done the same, minus the delivering to the court. I'm a skin peeler/de-boner type myself. Haven't needed to test this theory but if someone injected my daughter with a toxin substance and killed her (unless it was an accident) then someone is dead. No court, no jury, no judge - dead.
Lok1 :)
QUOTE (Weaver95 @ Oct 21 2009, 07:44 PM) *
indeed.

"Mr Krombach, 74, was found trussed up with head injuries in a lane near the criminal court in the eastern city of Mulhouse on Sunday after an anonymous caller with an Eastern European accent tipped off police. "

'Deliver to Lt. James Gordon' was the only thing missing.....

I'm guna dedicate my first campagin to this guy.
CanadianWolverine
QUOTE (Ayeohx @ Oct 21 2009, 03:19 PM) *
This guy is my personal hero!!!

I'd have done the same, minus the delivering to the court. I'm a skin peeler/de-boner type myself. Haven't needed to test this theory but if someone injected my daughter with a toxin substance and killed her (unless it was an accident) then someone is dead. No court, no jury, no judge - dead.

Want more motivation? That substance he injected her with was to try to rape her, apparently.

Notice the suspected runner lives by a code or it is very likely this convicted in absentia person would have ended up "dissappeared" rather than forced into a extradition back to the country he was found guilty in.

I read a fictional novel about a shadowrunner type character that would do forced extraditions on people back to the US from places with no extradition treaties, lets see, where did I put it ... oh here it is: Avenger by Frederick Forsyth. Apparently he wrote The Day Of The Jackal and Dogs Of War too, IIRC.
Ayeohx
QUOTE (CanadianWolverine @ Oct 21 2009, 04:39 PM) *
Want more motivation? That substance he injected her with was to try to rape her, apparently.

Notice the suspected runner lives by a code or it is very likely this convicted in absentia person would have ended up "dissappeared" rather than forced into a extradition back to the country he was found guilty in.

I read a fictional novel about a shadowrunner type character that would do forced extraditions on people back to the US from places with no extradition treaties, lets see, where did I put it ... oh here it is: Avenger by Frederick Forsyth. Apparently he wrote The Day Of The Jackal and Dogs Of War too, IIRC.

People like this really piss me off. Hell would be a damned vacation in comparison to what I'd do to him.

My wonderful psychosis aside, this would be an awesome run. The guys I game with would love administering punishment. And as a twist I could make it so they apprehend the wrong guy or the Johnson didn't really lose his daughter, he just wanted this guy offed. Yeah, that'd screw them up real well. But since they read the boards...

I would never do something like this to intentionally screw with my players. That's just mean. wink.gif
Traul
QUOTE (CanadianWolverine @ Oct 22 2009, 12:39 AM) *

Who are you talking about? The runner just did what his Johnson told him to. And he could hardly do otherwise: there were 20000€ waiting for him upon finishing the job. This is really a run: the father himself did nothing, he paid people to do the job.

More interesting : Mr Johnson claims he did not ask the runners to beat down the target. They did that on their own. So for all of you PCs: be sure to keep this news somewhere. You can use it as an excuse the next time you indulge in random pointless violence grinbig.gif
Thanee
Random violence is never pointless. Or is it pointless violence that is never random?

Bye
Thanee
CanadianWolverine
QUOTE (Traul @ Oct 21 2009, 03:51 PM) *
Who are you talking about? The runner just did what his Johnson told him to. And he could hardly do otherwise: there were 20000€ waiting for him upon finishing the job. This is really a run: the father himself did nothing, he paid people to do the job.

More interesting : Mr Johnson claims he did not ask the runners to beat down the target. They did that on their own. So for all of you PCs: be sure to keep this news somewhere. You can use it as an excuse the next time you indulge in random pointless violence grinbig.gif

Huh, I must have misunderstood or misread or completely missed something in the linked article, I was under the impression the father had done the deed rather than hired others to do a run. I don't recall reading about any pay out, I better go back and read it again.

Edit: Ok, re-read the link provided in the OP: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle6882688.ece

No where in that do I see what info you mention in your post, I see only suspicions mentioned. Do you have another source than the one provided?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012