Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Improved Ability Adept Power
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Faradon
Can a mystic adept use improved ability to raise skills in the sorcery group?
Would they count as combat skills or can you just not do it?

Thanks!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Faradon @ Oct 25 2009, 11:59 AM) *
Can a mystic adept use improved ability to raise skills in the sorcery group?
Would they count as combat skills or can you just not do it?

Thanks!

You can only use the ability to augment Combat, Physical, Social, Technical, or Vehicle skills... says so right in the power description...
No using it for augmenting Magic or Resonance restricted skills at all...

Keep the Faith
Faradon
Yea, I know what the base book says, just wasn't sure if there was another similar yet different ability from a supplement, errata, or whatever that allows for mystic adepts to up spellcasting or counterspelling with a power.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Faradon @ Oct 25 2009, 12:30 PM) *
Yea, I know what the base book says, just wasn't sure if there was another similar yet different ability from a supplement, errata, or whatever that allows for mystic adepts to up spellcasting or counterspelling with a power.

Could always enter a Spirit Pact, many variations that can give interesting benefits, but as far as I know, the only way for a magical/resonance character to add bonuses to their magical/resonance abilities is to get a Mentor/Paragon

Keep the Faith
Axl
Foci work nicely too.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Axl @ Oct 25 2009, 01:11 PM) *
Foci work nicely too.

But Foci don't add damage directly, they add dice to the Attack, which could obviously add damage... But yes, they do help...

Keep the Faith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012