Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shadowrun larp
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Platinum
I know the idea of LARPing makes most people, including me cringe. I have thought of some very cool decker scenarios. Ways for the decker to infiltrate a system, have to search and pickup files in order to make the datasteal for a LARP scenario. Has anyone actually pulled one of these off? I did see the shadowrun larp, done in the indoor skate park. I just wonder how to run the rest. I was thinking of lazer tag or airsoft for the firearms, but was not sure of how to handle the magic. Anyone have any ideas? There is a lazer tag arena not to far that would most likely allow a theme night.

Just looking for general comments / feedback. I also want to avoid the stigma that comes along with LARPing if possible.
Caine Hazen
Been though about alot really. Ther is the yearly Scrambleat GenCon, which is LARP/tabletop sessions. There are a few of us active in the Airsoft community here where I live, and its been brought up. the problem is getting people in place to handle this as just a typical airsoft w/ runners present. Or you could do what Terrorwerks does, which is pretty awesome.

Program/hacking wise there would be a few solutions, including designing and overlay and giving the hacker a usb stick that counts as the "comm". So far I don't know of anyone that dedicated yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012