Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: medical absence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
DigitalOYABUN
I am writing here on behalf of my brother Tony. You know him by his account here the Digital Oyabun. While training for a cowboy action shooting tourney, his black powder pistol had a serious mishap while doing a ride and shoot. We're fortunate the powder loads are half for these events. To make a long story short, he has bandages on his eyes from powder burns and some metal shavings from the pistol and is nursing a broken leg from the fall from the horse. He is fine and will have the bandages removed in another week.

He wanted to apologize to those of you who were waiting on him.
Karoline
QUOTE (DigitalOYABUN @ Nov 23 2009, 10:38 PM) *
I am writing here on behalf of my brother Tony. You know him by his account here the Digital Oyabun. While training for a cowboy action shooting tourney, his black powder pistol had a serious mishap while doing a ride and shoot. We're fortunate the powder loads are half for these events. To make a long story short, he has bandages on his eyes from powder burns and some metal shavings from the pistol and is nursing a broken leg from the fall from the horse. He is fine and will have the bandages removed in another week.

He wanted to apologize to those of you who were waiting on him.

Ouch! Bad enough the gun exploded, but to fall off the horse too frown.gif

Send him my regards and wishes for health.

Also ask him how much damage he think he took wink.gif
Xahn Borealis
Why didn't he spend Edge to downgrade the critical glitch to a glitch?
Karoline
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Nov 25 2009, 07:10 AM) *
Why didn't he spend Edge to downgrade the critical glitch to a glitch?

Maybe he'd burnt it all up in the competition already.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 25 2009, 01:19 PM) *
Maybe he'd burnt it all up in the competition already.

Then have a spirit use Guard?
Karoline
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Nov 25 2009, 08:23 AM) *
Then have a spirit use Guard?

It isn't the 6th world yet, no spirits frown.gif
pbangarth
Prayers for a speedy recovery, DO.
Marwynn
Please tell him we're all wishing for a speedy and full recovery, despite the joking around. wink.gif
Jimson
Sounds like a painful accident. Wishing him a fast recovery!
Red-ROM
I was wondering where he was, sorry to hear about that, hope he's better soon smile.gif
kanislatrans
Hoping for a quick and full recovery...

and ask if he took Gremlins 2 at Chargen....(grin)
Karoline
QUOTE (kanislatrans @ Nov 25 2009, 10:03 PM) *
and ask if he took Gremlins 2 at Chargen....(grin)

I'm reasonably sure I took at least Gremlins 1 at chargen.

Stuff doesn't self-destruct around me, but I'm amazed at how quickly my stuff starts to break down. Got a brand new laptop near the end of summer, and have just had to send it in to get worked on for an issue with the keyboard.

Back when I started collage I got a laptop that started overheating, crashing, and having the CD drive not be recognized.

My car was from a friend who'd had it for ages without problems, then as soon as I got it it started breaking down, eventually having to be taken to the mechanic several times for what they literally referred to as Gremlins because it would work fine for them, but broke down for me the next day, only to work for them again by the time it got towed to the garage.

Amazingly the only thing I haven't had break down any is my computer that I built myself. Not sure what that means exactly...

Edit: I also have an amazing ability to pick the one computer in the school lab that isn't hooked up to the printer properly, or can't open word files, or whatever else I -really- need it to do 5 minutes before class.
pbangarth
Light bulbs burst when my daughter walks by.
kanislatrans
I have never had a digital watch last more than 2 days, computer more than 6 months, and we aren't even going to mention automobiles....but following Coyote tends to cause that too.... grinbig.gif
Chrysalis
Tell DO a big hug from Chrystalis and the other members he plays with. I hope he gets better soon.
Thanee
Ouch! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Xahn Borealis
This wouldn't have happened if it had the Electronic Firing Mod... I'm just saying....
SincereAgape
Ouch. Sorry to hear about the accident Tony. Take your time on the recovery, and we're rooting for you.
Method
Cowboy action shooting huh? DO is my kinda guy. Looks like he was in quite a few games here as well.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery, DO!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012