Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RETURN OF THE ONE TRUE MATRIX!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Stahlseele
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusiv...-spike-tv/59382
clicki linki O.o
Trigger
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 24 2009, 06:28 PM) *

Hahaha, that game has actually been in the works for quite a long time. I am glad that they have finally got a, albeit small, trailer for it. I was beginning to think that they scrapped the project.

Also, I will have to show one of my friends this, as his dad was the lead airbrush artist on the movie.
Stahlseele
I loved the movie *-*
And yes, SPREAD THE WORD!
Wounded Ronin
Monolith, the holy progenitor of the cool and fun FPS (eh, not really, but I thought it would be funny to say that), already made a Tron game.
Stahlseele
Yes, Tron2.0.
And it rocks ^^
hobgoblin
ah, neon outlines, love it biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
Call them by their given name ^^
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TronLines
Wounded Ronin
I never understood why everyone made fun of Monolith. The LithTech engine was good for its time, and No One Lives Forever and No One Lives Forever 2 definitely demonstrated the LithTech engine overcoming the rough edges that characterized Shogo and Blood 2. Finally, Blood was really good. How can you not cry when you hear, "Ophelia...NOOOOO!" That's when it's time to give that gargoyle a good pitchforkin'!
hobgoblin
i would say the most interesting 3D engine was the one used in AVP1, as it allowed for dynamic lighting that was destroyable.

hmm, seems the source was released!
Stahlseele
Monoliths Lithengine was also used for AvP2.
Which was also loads of good fun back then.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 27 2009, 04:55 AM) *
Monoliths Lithengine was also used for AvP2.
Which was also loads of good fun back then.

That was a truly outstanding game. A historical piece where nobody has done anything as well or comparably. The closest thing I can think of is *maybe* Left For Dead.
Stahlseele
*sigh* i still fondly remember the old times of AvP2 . . i was one of the 10 best players in the web back then.
Best Predalien over all others ^^
hobgoblin
not surprised, as the alien side was just nasty to fight in deathmatch...
Stahlseele
It was finally a side that was taylored to my preferred style of fighting. Go in like lightening, hit something until it's dead, rinse and repeat ^^
Trigger
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 28 2009, 03:57 PM) *
It was finally a side that was taylored to my preferred style of fighting. Go in like lightening, hit something until it's dead, rinse and repeat ^^

Zergling Rush? cool.gif
hobgoblin
basically...

if you then combo that with two other playables thats basically about shooting things in the distance, and you got a problem, as ones that alien is in your face you have to spend time changing weapon while the alien is carving its way to your backbone, from the front...

and dont think holding the high ground helps, as they can climb on any surface. and can "smell" any opponent no matter the cloaking (predators have to select between normal, ir (humans), metallic (alien), uv (predator), with each making the others harder to spot).

so technically the alien player could just lock the attack and wall crawl keys and run around at random...
Stahlseele
And then there were these air-ducts that the other races had big troubles getting into.
Aliens, of course, not so much. Sadly, Grenades not so much either <.<
And you make it sound so easy for aliens going up over free space against target locking and following HMG's and Miniguns and Rocket Launchers and Flamethrowers and Assault-Rifles and Grenade-Launchers.
It got to be especially hard if the server had Alien Life Cycle switched on. Every Alien starts as a Facehugger. And if you hug a human, you start out as a chest-burster which did not get leap, did not get wall-crawl and could only bite really weak, then get to be a runner, if nobody shoots you while you're hugging. Then if you manage to survive for long enough, you get to be the classic Alien, sleek black and all that. Live for a bit longer, you get to be Praetorian. Those are really big Alien Warriors, still all black, but not Wall-Climbing anymore and you don't fit into tight little spaces anymore. And then if you live for a little bit longer and actually accumulate enough Kills, you change into a Queen. You basically become the biggest Target on the field. Well, Aside for the Human Exoskeleton, which is, in itself, again, armed with Rocket Launcher, Minigun and Flame-Thrower. And enables Humans to run as fast as an Alien and to jump as high as a Predator. While the Alien Queen only gets to run slightly faster than the average Praetorian. The only way to get to be a Predalien was to Face-hugger a Predator. And hope you don't get shot again, while you go through Chest-Burster and then into Predalien-Mode.
Humans are humans and stay Humans with their chosen load of Weapons. All the time. If they don't go climbing into an Exo-Suit.
Predators came in Light, Medium and Heavy and hat slightly different Weapon-Load-Outs, Walking-Speed and Health. But the sight moduses and the Leap-Frog-Jumping stayed the same all the while. Also, they could stealth. And they could use their Weapons-Energy to heal up their Health-Energy. And then they could fill up their Weapons-Energy again. Oh, and they had this murderous Zoom. And half of their weapons could lock on to a target and the projectiles followed the target around Corners and the such.
Aliens could eat some brains to try and heal up a bit, if you had the UNCUT Version of the Game, as that was CUT from the Game in several Versions.
All the while Aliens got Claws to scratch at people, a Tail to try and Stun people with, a bite Attack to try and eat Brains to get back some Health and a Jump to cross open spaces with. But there was one little problem with this. You could jump higher than the level Allowed. Meaning if you jumped too high, you simply fell back down dead.

Yes, this game was awesome . .
hobgoblin
hmm, i dont recall any maps with exoskeletons available...

and only really the tracking gun was any real effective, as the minigun had spin time (iirc), and the explosives and flamethrower could be just as deadly to the user as the enemy (nothing like a burning alien getting in your face).

that is, if you could find those weapons in the first place, or the ammo for them (seeker missiles in particular).

ok, so you could play it with preloaded "classes".
Stahlseele
There were one or two maps with the Exoskel.
Yes, the Minigun had SPIN UP TIME. But then you could hose an entire level with that beast . .
I don't know how often the wwwhhhiiiiIIIIIIRRRRRR saved my life, coming from behind me and giving me time to do a panicked jump.
Usually straight into another line of fire, but at least it was not the minigun <.<

And yes, Basic Weapon-Loadouots, there were not many Weapons to be found in that game.

This was one of the best tactical games i have ever played . . a tactic for and against everyone ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012