Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PDF price reduction
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Method
I think the thread title is self explanatory but Ill restate my question anyway:

Will the recent PDF price reduction announced by Catalyst affect Missions? They seem like a great value at the current price, but snagging a new adventure every month(ish) for just $2 or $3 would be awesome.

Just curious.
BishopMcQ
At this point, there haven't been any announcements. I will touch base with folks this week.
Adam
Very unlikely. Remember that most of our PDFs are also print books, so they make money in two ways. Missions is PDF-only, so it needs to be able to cover expenses on its own merits! smile.gif
Delarn
4$ for a mission you just have to read (and translate in some case) is not a big price to pay. It gives you 4 hours of pure fun ! 1$ per hours, it's less expensive than a wife ! wink.gif
Method
QUOTE (Adam @ Dec 27 2009, 07:19 PM) *
Very unlikely. Remember that most of our PDFs are also print books, so they make money in two ways. Missions is PDF-only, so it needs to be able to cover expenses on its own merits! smile.gif

A very good point. I hadn't considered the lack of a print equivalent.

QUOTE (Delarn @ Dec 27 2009, 07:31 PM) *
4$ for a mission you just have to read (and translate in some case) is not a big price to pay. It gives you 4 hours of pure fun ! 1$ per hours, it's less expensive than a wife ! wink.gif

Yeah, like I said above they're a great value as is. I was just curious.
Platinum
QUOTE (Adam @ Dec 27 2009, 09:19 PM) *

True.... but it doesn't do laundry. Marriage is the most expensive way to get your laundry done for free.
Wesley Street
We have free laundry machines at my office. I get to do my laundry for free. And my (future)wife's. nyahnyah.gif
Backgammon
Just the machines or people to do all the steps for you as well?
Delarn
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Dec 31 2009, 07:15 PM) *
We have free laundry machines at my office. I get to do my laundry for free. And my (future)wife's. nyahnyah.gif

First I didn't see the 's after wife ... it had a whole other meaning this morning that would have had a TMI in front of my comment !
Freejack
QUOTE (Delarn @ Dec 27 2009, 07:31 PM) *

Four hours?? You obviously don't know how my team runs. We took 12 hours to go through just the first half of Ready, Set, Gogh! smile.gif

Carl
Backgammon
SRM are designed to be played in 4 hours - that's the time you get at conventions. But for a home game, sure, no limit!
Freejack
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Jan 2 2010, 10:44 AM) *
SRM are designed to be played in 4 hours - that's the time you get at conventions. But for a home game, sure, no limit!

Oh no, I'm aware of that. smile.gif I've run a few con games with Denver. But at home (as you say), I let the group run with it. They've come up with some pretty convoluted plans for something listed in the mission as quick and easy.

But as we also know, missions only work until the team starts it. Then it's all bets are off smile.gif

Carl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012