Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paranoid Technomancer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Golgoth
All right. This just recently came up in a discussion between a friend and I. It's quite interesting... I think.

We were talking about Sprites and the topic of scripting the sprite to send a confirmation through Resonance Link came up. Basically, the task would be this:

Paladin Sprite: Protect me to the best of your abilities and should any further commands be sent to you, send confirmation to me through Resonance Link.

Another Technomancer gets into combat with me and Spoofs: Protect Technomancer X. He gets lucky on the dice rolls and the Spoof goes off.

Paladin Sprite protects the new Technomancer but the Paladin Sprite sends a confirmation to me.

Now, the argument is: This doesn't work. It would never work, you can't do that. Is this correct? Can I not do this? Can I not tell the sprite to confirm with me any commands that are sent to it?
Xahn Borealis
If the other TM knew about the confirmation, he could Spoof the Sprite to ignore it and just do what he says.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jan 3 2010, 03:03 AM) *
If the other TM knew about the confirmation, he could Spoof the Sprite to ignore it and just do what he says.

But barring that (and why would the other TM even suspect), it should work just fine...

Keep the Faith
Golgoth
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jan 3 2010, 09:31 AM) *
But barring that (and why would the other TM even suspect), it should work just fine...

Keep the Faith

Metagaming by the GM! That's the only thing I could think of. Anyhow, that's what I thought. That if the other TM suspected it, he could spoof it to not send the confirmation, otherwise it was a good way for redundancy in the off-chance that a spider was actually another TM.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Golgoth @ Jan 3 2010, 12:20 PM) *
Metagaming by the GM! That's the only thing I could think of. Anyhow, that's what I thought. That if the other TM suspected it, he could spoof it to not send the confirmation, otherwise it was a good way for redundancy in the off-chance that a spider was actually another TM.

I agree with that sentiment... But Technomancers are rarer than a virgin on Prom Night in Shadowrun in comparison to Hackers, so there you go...

Keep the Faith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012