Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hacking and technomancer examples
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mr_raven
hi

I have been a SR player since 1st ed , but have never really gotten involved in decking/hacking , does anyone have a write up of a run on a computer system so I can see how the rules work , I have tried to fathom them , but like programming itself , it confounds me?

thanks

Mr
Squinky
QUOTE (mr_raven @ Jan 11 2010, 07:26 PM) *
hi

I have been a SR player since 1st ed , but have never really gotten involved in decking/hacking , does anyone have a write up of a run on a computer system so I can see how the rules work , I have tried to fathom them , but like programming itself , it confounds me?

thanks

Mr

I don't have a write up, I've just been learning those same rules lately.

Aaron's site has some stuff on it that rocks for helping you get your head around things in hacking

Shadowrun resources

Particularly the cheat sheets and hacker cards.

Hope they help.
Nows7
QUOTE (Squinky @ Jan 12 2010, 12:12 AM) *
I don't have a write up, I've just been learning those same rules lately.

Aaron's site has some stuff on it that rocks for helping you get your head around things in hacking

Shadowrun resources

Particularly the cheat sheets and hacker cards.

Hope they help.

Heh, He even has Shadow Run Dice. I did the same thing a few months ago.
Malachi
I did a detailed recount of one of the runs that I GM'd for my group. The link is the first one in my signature. Part of that run (about post #15 I believe) includes a detailed account of a hack the group's Hacker did.
Aaron
At some point I'll remember to link this from my site, but a friend of mine and I did an audio example of some hacking ... lemme see if I remember the link correctly: http://pavao.org/aud/HackingDemo.mp3
Udoshi
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...st&p=804857

Read this post alongside the Game, Set, Match story. Its the rules mechanics behind it. Really makes a difference in comprehending how the matrix works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012