Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Combat test?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ophis
Okay Reakt and Sideways (Aug) both give bonuses to dodge (+2 each) and bonuses to all combat tests (with a small condition for Reakt). So is defence a combat test fo the purposes of this bonus?

I suspect not (they already boost dodging) but I'm wondering what anyone else thinks.
Rystefn
Dodge is a physical skill, not a combat skill. I think that's what they mean.
BishopMcQ
Dodge is a Combat skill, unless you are using Acrobatics for dodging which is a Physical skill.

I'd say that Combat tests are any tests using a Combat Active Skill (SR4A p. 121-122). Because the augmentations give a higher bonus to Dodge, that overrides the standard bonus to other Combat tests. +1 for most things, +2 to Dodge.

Defense tests such as Parrying, where you use an actual combat skill, would be considered Combat tests in my eyes.
Rystefn
I stand corrected. Dodge is generally so worthless compared to Gymnastics, I tend to substitute them in my mind without thinking about it. My bad.
BishopMcQ
After re-reading the exact text:

Reakt gives +2 dice to all Reaction tests for defense.
Sideways gives the same +2 to Reaction tests, and some other bonuses. What I posted above would still apply for Sideways.

Reakt specifically states that it works with all other augmentations, so if you have both, it would be +4 to Reaction tests for Defense, +1 Perception, and +1 for all Combat tests.
Ophis
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Jan 25 2010, 06:05 PM) *
After re-reading the exact text:

Reakt gives +2 dice to all Reaction tests for defense.
Sideways gives the same +2 to Reaction tests, and some other bonuses. What I posted above would still apply for Sideways.

Reakt specifically states that it works with all other augmentations, so if you have both, it would be +4 to Reaction tests for Defense, +1 Perception, and +1 for all Combat tests.

I think I shall go along with your active combat skill definition, it works for my head and was about were I was at. Having built a genecrafted sammie with both (love your mysterious ware... wait till the group throttle you for the eros addiction...) I'd already got that +4 was mostly wondering if it should jump to +6...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012