Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gencon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Silver12
Quick question, anyone know if the SRM 'stuff' will be at the Hyatt again this year? smile.gif

And on another note, Mark, thought I read somewhere you might get there Tuesday night...any plans to run an SRM mod??

It's my yearly SRM fix - as work seems to think they are more important than TotalCon (bah!), and I might not be able to make it this year like I'd hoped.

BishopMcQ
The GenCon schedule hasn't been released yet, so we don't know where everything is going to be this year. I've heard that GenCon will be keeping all of our events in one room like they did last year, it just hasn't said which room.

More news as it comes.

-Stephen
Black Jack Rackham
QUOTE (Silver12 @ Jan 30 2010, 09:54 PM) *
Quick question, anyone know if the SRM 'stuff' will be at the Hyatt again this year? smile.gif

And on another note, Mark, thought I read somewhere you might get there Tuesday night...any plans to run an SRM mod??

It's my yearly SRM fix - as work seems to think they are more important than TotalCon (bah!), and I might not be able to make it this year like I'd hoped.

Oh sure NOW I read this...

I'll be in late Tues (plane arrives at 7:40 pm so I will probably only make the last hour of KFG Tues night. Thought of a couple of things I might try to run unless everyone's already hooked on movies.

HOWEVER, I'll still be running my usual Wed game. Thinking I'll probably run Jackknifed since it got good reception here on the boards.

Mark
Silver12
Jackknifed sounds good...one of the ones I didn't manage to get at Gencon last year.

Jeff.

Fringe
I'd love to play, if there's room. I'm planning to get into Indy around noon Wednesday.
BishopMcQ
Fringe--

There's always room to play, unless it's the Tournament. That one we have to be a little stricter on attendance, because there is scoring involved.

-Stephen
CollateralDynamo
Speaking of the tournament....any hints you guys care to drop? wink.gif
BishopMcQ
If no one on the team knows how to pilot a boat, don't try to take a speed boat across a busy harbor.
Black Jack Rackham
QUOTE (Fringe @ Feb 18 2010, 10:55 AM) *
I'd love to play, if there's room. I'm planning to get into Indy around noon Wednesday.

Signups for my game at the Ram on Wed will be on the GenCon forum under the KFG (Kentucky Fried Gamers) subsection. They go live sometime in early July. Just so you know it's awfully popular (I have yet to have a table of less than cool.gif so get there and sign up early biggrin.gif

Mark
Mindwyrm
With work and moving and general LIFE stuff. I've been outta touch. Never been to a GenCon. But now I find myself living less than 2hr drive from Indy. I think I may just have to go this year. Any advice for a first time at GenCon? Been playing a long time though.

Will there be older game versions there as well? I'm only just learning the 4E rules now.
BishopMcQ
Adam Jury made up some great tips for GenCon and conventions in general LINK

Catalyst only runs 4E games, but there may be GMs running previous editions. All of our GMs are always willing to help you along with the rules and teach as you play through the game. It's always a lot of fun.

-Stephen
Fringe
Also, my experience from last year was that the Catalyst folks had plenty of copies of pre-gen characters for SR4, so you can start up with minimal trouble. And should you get hooked on Missions, those rules even allow you to remake your character with the first mission log. (Which at least allows you to go back later and make the character your own before you play your second mission.)

Thanks, Stephen, for the link for advice--some really great ideas for con survival in general!
Keats
I hear that some of the people from Dumpshock got together on Wednesday before the con started. Any guesses if that's happening this year?
DireRadiant
There is usually a DS meet and greet organized and posted on forums.
Bull
We'll likely try and do something similar again this year. smile.gif Claddagh has been pretty good to us for these meet & greets, for the most part. This year, wherever we end up meeting at, I'm going to try and make sure to have a camera and get more pics (And actually get peoples names, maybe even remember some of those names! smile.gif)

I also encourage as many folks from here as possible to sign up for the Scramble. It's 32 flavors of awesome, especially if you do costumes and bring weaponry smile.gif

Bull
Quince
Yep, Claddagh was alot of fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

And Bull is right about the Scramble... If you like Shadowrun and are going to be at Gencon, it's a Must-Do!
LurkerOutThere
I know scheduling is still in it's infancy but do we have any idea when the scramble will be? There's only one possible event i'd take over it, and that's only because it's that campaign's last hurrah, although even then it might be a hard choice.
Bull
I don;t have anything to do with the schedule, but the last couple years it's been on Thursday, I believe, because they schedule the Tournament on Friday and Saturday, and the two events require too much man-power each to overlap.
Quince
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Feb 22 2010, 04:46 PM) *
I know scheduling is still in it's infancy but do we have any idea when the scramble will be? There's only one possible event i'd take over it, and that's only because it's that campaign's last hurrah, although even then it might be a hard choice.

My records only go back for the last two years, but during 2008 and 2009 the Scramble was on Thurs, running 2:00pm until 10pm (and often ran overtime, so it is recommended not to have any events starting at 10pm).
unemployedsamurai
Has anyone heard what is happing at Origins this year. Online Pre-registration is stil lnot up yet and thats annoying, but is catalyst looking to attend
BishopMcQ
There will be events for Shadowrun at Origins. I will have to ask the convention coordinator for times and all that jazz, but if the schedule isn't posted yet, we may not know the exact time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012