Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ran the Same Mission Multiple Times
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
jsalli39
I was at a con this past weekend, and played Shadowrun for the first time. I had a blast, and the GM that I had for SRM3-00 was fantastic. Nobody else at the table had ever played Shadowrun either, but he was really patient and helped us get through everything. I played another mission he lead (SRM3-03) and another with a different GM (SRM3-01). The next day, I played with a different GM and an entirely different group, but the con organizers didn't have the expected module (SRM3-02), so we ended up playing SRM3-00 again. It was a completely different GM, and nobody else in the group had done SRM3-00 before, so I just went with it.

I told the GM I had run that one before, but I was enjoying SRM too much to want to skip it. I didn't give anything away plot-wise, and it went rather differently than the first time I ran it. My question is: If I keep using this SRM character at other SRM events, am I allowed to keep the cash & Karma I made? Or should I just skip that and stick with the way my character looked before we played?
DireRadiant
You can only use one log from each mission. Just keep the first one.
Bull
Yup, Caine and I have run into this (And may be running into this again shortly). We've played Mission 0 and 1 at cons, and then gota Home Game going, and the GM started with 0. We wanted to get some Karma for our main Missions Characters, so we kept them around, and did 0 and 1 all over, "Pro bono". We also sorta stayed back and let the rest of the group do the decisions making and such since we knew the plot already.

Bull
Silver12
Glad you enjoyed the game!!!

We definitely introduced some new players to the game. Lots of people had played older versions of SR (usually 2nd or 1st editions), but some were completely new.

I think all seemed to have a pretty good time....looking forward to having more mods to run through next year!!!
Axl
Our group has been in similar situations before, where an individual player has already played in a mission. In these situations, we prefer to try out a different character for a bit of variety. [Our GM always has a selection of other PCs available.] Of course, we tend to avoid making important decisions that might ruin the plot for other players.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012