The below is copy/pasted from another thread, b/c GenCon scheduling is being done-- I probably should have posted this at the end of last month. The pre-sale sell out, then no shows really mess up the experience. This is the best I could come up with to help ease that pain.

Lurker, I also suggested to Aaron that in the future at Cons, we run the same mod multiple times in a time slot: instead of offering four mods at 10am, we offer four tables of "Run to Mamma" mod (that's good... I should use that name for an actual mod )

While it doesn't give the "flexiblity" that the other system implied, most of the time at GenCon the sold out games were still taking 1 to 3 generic's-- seems to be a affliction of pre-sales and conventions. This would allow us to marshal by power levels. That way your Green level hacker doesn't force your tier 5 players to run at tier 2 so he isn't worthless. The mods could also allow (certainly GM's can currently, but some don't b/c of thinking under pressure, and some don't b/c they adhere to the "assumed SRM rules" to rigidly) different tiers for different obsticals. There's no reason why all Hacking challenges couldn't be Tier 1, and all combat Tier 5, and all social checks Tier 4-- except the GM would have to wing the pay at Tier 3 or 4? Nothing would tell him which tier to use for pay or paydata.

Which actually ties into another suggestion: each player's pay is adjusted seperately. Your Face may get 4 net successes on the negotiation, but that may effect your Tier 1 character on the Tier 1 pay scale. His Tier 3 on that pay scale, and another Tier 5... etc. It would also allow us to take Street Cred and Notoriety into the pay process-- let's be honest, if you have 3 points of Notoriety, you should be getting paid less than the professional at the same level. This last part get's tricky, b/c SRM can't fix the crack headedness of the current RAW for Street Cred and Notoriety.