Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Le Pacte des Magicae Artes Study Seminars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Quince
By popular demand, the Pacte will be offering the following course. Included as a part of your dues, this seminar is free to members of the Pacte, and is open to interested members of the public after a brief application (requiring a non-refundable 100 nuyen fee).

The Ethical Practitioner-
In an age of commercialized magic, what is are practitioner's responsibilities when one's power can manipulate rational reality?
This four week course is a critical examination of ethical issues confronting magicians and awakened sentiences. Tradition-neutral course work includes case studies and moral analysis, with an emphasis on metahuman values, spirit interactions and decision-making. AR materials provided.
Axl
Lucky Rick [my combat shaman] will turn up, more to socialize with the other magicians rather than to listen to the lecture. I've already got a good idea of the ethical standpoint of overcasting manabolts and stunballs at NYPD officers. biggrin.gif
Delarn
Dr. Gro will be at the lecture to see the members and to ask questions around on what is ethical or not in the business.
SaintHax
I'll burn the four weeks and 100 nuyen to attend smile.gif

-- Sixth Sense --
Delarn
QUOTE (SaintHax @ Mar 3 2010, 08:49 AM) *

-- Sixth Sense --

Hi I'm Dr. Gro (Muffle sound), how are you ? What do you think about that ethical seminar ?
Axl
"Hi, Dr. Gro. I'm Lucky Rick, s... security magician. 'Ethics' boils down to which corp's property you're standing on at the time. wink.gif "
Delarn
QUOTE (Axl @ Mar 3 2010, 02:31 PM) *
"Hi, Dr. Gro. I'm Lucky Rick, s... security magician. 'Ethics' boils down to which corp's property you're standing on at the time. wink.gif "

Interesting ... I would have imagined that every mages where following an ethical path similar to Hippocratic oath ethics. Must be me then (Muffle laugh and wink.gif )
Quince
QUOTE (SaintHax @ Mar 3 2010, 07:49 AM) *
-- Sixth Sense --

Mr. Sense, since you're a member of the Pacte (and a founder at that!) there is no fee to attend the seminar. Here's your refund! (and don't worry about marking off the four weeks, this class meets twice a week in the evenings, over four weeks. Lectures are recorded, so there is no problem if you have to miss a class because of a previous obligations. Besides, all this is for roleplay purposes only!)
Delarn
Dr. Gro goes toward Quince with a warm attitude !
"Dear friend, how are you ?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012