Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Burning Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Dwight
I'm just confirming, in Missions play are both Burning Edge options available (succeed at one test with Critical success & survive certain death)? I haven't found anything listing of any overrides of standard rules. Everything seems to be pointing toward "If it's in the core book and it isn't explicitly labeled as 'Optional' then it is a rule applicable to Missions play", plus certain select parts of Arsenal, Augmentation, and Street magic as listed in srmfaqrevised200904.pdf. Really I think it's pretty clear but someone I was talking to earlier was quite insistent that was not the case, that neither FanPro nor Catalyst allowed it in any official play, and I was left scratching my head.

Thank you in advance for your time answering.
Bull
I'll double check, but so far as I know yje Burning Edge options are used. Burning a point of edge is a pretty harsh thing to do, so I personally have no problem with it, and I've never seen any rules disallowing it, but maybe one of the past Coordinators made that ruling and I missed it.

Bull
SaintHax
FanPro nor Catalyst as an entity has not dictated rules for SRM, they instead just back SRM which was originally a fan devolped idea. I try to stay on top of the rules, and both options are available. That means that Edge is gone, but it's something you can choose. Also, the critical success has to be something you could realistically have a chance of doing.
Dwight
QUOTE (SaintHax @ Mar 25 2010, 05:11 AM) *
Also, the critical success has to be something you could realistically have a chance of doing.

As per the rule text, right.

P.S. About the organization of Missions, which I guess never crossed my mind; Who picked Bull? Who's call/credit/fault was that? Is he an operationally independent appointee of CGL? Is there a non-profit org with a shadowy cabal of Star Chamber members that picks their next front man? Bull lost a bet? Won a thumb wrestling contest?
DireRadiant
I cannot reveal the details of the run.
Bull
QUOTE (Dwight @ Mar 25 2010, 06:46 AM) *
As per the rule text, right.

P.S. About the organization of Missions, which I guess never crossed my mind; Who picked Bull? Who's call/credit/fault was that? Is he an operationally independent appointee of CGL? Is there a non-profit org with a shadowy cabal of Star Chamber members that picks their next front man? Bull lost a bet? Won a thumb wrestling contest?

I interviewed for the job, actually. Stephen suggested it to me when he got promoted and Aaron decided to step back, so I applied. I had an interview with Jason Hardy a week or so later, and then a week after that I got asked if I still wanted the job. Foolishly, I said "Sure" smile.gif

Bull

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012