Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Cigarettes and Streetlights
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Red-ROM
ok, Give everyone a chance to post their character sheet before posting other stuff.
as far as Posting, I like the ever popular ;

posts should begin with a time/date stamp in orange, detailing location, time, and date. Underneath, in italics, add your PAN mode, hidden, active, or passive, in dark grey.

- - "Speech color=cyan or light blue, optionally enclosed in quotes" (note: Quotes very recommended!)
- - <Coms (subvocal) color=violet>
- - <Coms (Text) color=yellow or orange>
- - Thoughts color=darkkhaki and in italics
- - Memories, flashbacks, dreams color=green and in italics

I like invisible castle for dice rolling, and if you could write the skill +attribute + mods, and cut and paste the dice rolls in the link, all the better. as I mentioned to Lurker, I'm going with the 20 Dicepool cap.

edge refreshes every 24 hours of game time, unless otherwise decided.

thats all I can think of so far..
GrimWulf
Noise
Race: Human
[Description]
[ Spoiler ]

[Background]
[ Spoiler ]

[Qualities]
[ Spoiler ]

[Attributes]
[ Spoiler ]

[Skills]
[ Spoiler ]

[Cyber/Bio] - 170,000 nuyen.gif
[ Spoiler ]

[Gear] - 40225 nuyen.gif
[ Spoiler ]

[Contacts]
[ Spoiler ]

[Misc]
[ Spoiler ]
LurkerOutThere
Name: Light Rivers

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Traits:
[ Spoiler ]

Skills:
[ Spoiler ]

Lang and Knowledge Skills:
[ Spoiler ]

Complex forms:
[ Spoiler ]

Gear:
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts:
[ Spoiler ]

Edit: Added knowledge and language skills
DireRadiant
Litany
imperialus
OK, so I think I'm about done. When I first made Mongol he was done with 500 BP's. Took a bit of tweaking. I'll try to get to his background tonight.

Publicity Shot

Race: Ork (mundane)
Street Name: Mongol

Attributes:
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Cyber 55,500 nuyen.gif
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
12130 nuyen.gif
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Misc
[ Spoiler ]

50 questions?

[ Spoiler ]
Red-ROM
thanks for posting so quickly everyone, I went ahead and posted a little descripter for the general location of the meet, but I left off the timestamp, I imagine you guys will want to elaborate on how your character spends the next 3 hours
LurkerOutThere
Rolling LR's Seattle Knowledge for this place
8d6.hits(5) → [3,3,6,1,1,5,3,5] = (3)

Light makes his way across town and figures out where he was going. (8d6.hits(5)=3)

Summoning the machine sprite
Rolling for Light
10d6.hits(5) → [6,1,5,4,1,3,2,6,4,4] = (3)
Light Risks going full VR on the bus to summon a machine sprite force 4 (10d6.hits(5)=3)

Rolling for the sprite
Sprites roll as it is compiled (4d6.hits(5)=1)

Two services now to resist the drain
9d6.hits(5) → [1,3,2,4,4,6,3,6,1] = (2)
All drain taken care of.

Mechanically Light is having the sprite apply diagnostic and stability on his gun using both stability and diagnostic, also I accidently put it under a spoiler tag is there any chance I could start with a couple sprites compiled or at least make the rolls to do so? If not that's cool I just can see him not having at least a couple waiting in the wings.

Red-ROM
@ lurker: I guess you can roll for them, but let me ask you, If you take drain, what happens to it ? can we stick with sprites you compiled(and I imagine Registered) since you last rested?

edit: And the Seattle knowlege roll: Light has heard of the area, he knows its a favored spot for fenced goods, and he knows its big in street fighting circles, many kids from the Barrens went there to fight, and some did better than others. The surrounding city, while run down, is still well patroled by the cops. When too much trouble starts spilling onto other streets, they raid the place and make a big show of force. But bad city planning has left the space fairly unusable, so it always comes back.
imperialus
Just noticed I made a whoopsie when making my character. Overlooked the perception skill. If it's OK with you I'll drop his Survival and Thrown Weapons by one each and get two points in perception.

Assuming that's OK here is his perception roll

6d6.hits(5)=2
Red-ROM
QUOTE (imperialus @ Apr 6 2010, 12:28 AM) *
Just noticed I made a whoopsie when making my character. Overlooked the perception skill. If it's OK with you I'll drop his Survival and Thrown Weapons by one each and get two points in perception.

Assuming that's OK here is his perception roll

6d6.hits(5)=2

Aw man, I was gonna enjoy a completely oblivious character, thats fine. Mongol watches the front entrance, there's no bouncers or checkpoints, and everyone going in and out are blatantly armed. One human chick with blue dreads had an uzi 3 slung on her shoulder and a drawn Ruger Super Warhawk in her hand. there's no music to be heard, just a crowd of muffled yelling and shouting.
GrimWulf
Any chance Noise can pick up a fight before the meet?
Red-ROM
QUOTE (GrimWulf @ Apr 6 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Any chance Noise can pick up a fight before the meet?

well, I posted to kind of move us along, and then theres the whole,run a fight for your character while everyone else waits, problem. its too late for me to do anything about it right now, does anyone else care one way or another?
GrimWulf
NP! No worries. No spotlight needed here. 'course Noise herself would see it otherwise. But I'm cool.

edit: heh, truthfully, don't worry about it. Was just more of an idea then anything. I don't want to hold up anyone else. Though I find it kinda funny I typed 'No' 3 sentences in a row. biggrin.gif
LurkerOutThere
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Apr 5 2010, 06:57 PM) *
@ lurker: I guess you can roll for them, but let me ask you, If you take drain, what happens to it ? can we stick with sprites you compiled(and I imagine Registered) since you last rested?

edit: And the Seattle knowlege roll: Light has heard of the area, he knows its a favored spot for fenced goods, and he knows its big in street fighting circles, many kids from the Barrens went there to fight, and some did better than others. The surrounding city, while run down, is still well patroled by the cops. When too much trouble starts spilling onto other streets, they raid the place and make a big show of force. But bad city planning has left the space fairly unusable, so it always comes back.

Unfortunately regsisterign takes hours, if i cant have any that's fine I'll just deal, sometimes the call for work comes when your not ready for it.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Apr 6 2010, 08:51 PM) *
well, I posted to kind of move us along, and then theres the whole,run a fight for your character while everyone else waits, problem. its too late for me to do anything about it right now, does anyone else care one way or another?

I don't see any problem with writing in a pick up fight as part of the scene. As long as we don't get into rolling dice and going back and forth it would be fun to see. As a GM you might just rule Noise picks up a few DV of stun just before the meet, and that's a trade off Grimwulf can use to decide to do it or not.
GrimWulf
I'd have no problems with that.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Apr 6 2010, 11:43 PM) *
Unfortunately regsisterign takes hours, if i cant have any that's fine I'll just deal, sometimes the call for work comes when your not ready for it.

It takes a number of hours equal to the rating of the sprite, if Light got up at 8:00 am, thats at least 9 hours before our story gets under way, just what kind of sprites were you looking for? additionally, there will probably be time between the meet and the job. I think you'll be all right.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (GrimWulf @ Apr 7 2010, 02:02 AM) *
I'd have no problems with that.

I'll rewrite the bit about noise later, you want to roll some dice? not the whole fight , but just as a guage?
keep in mind, this arena is for body mods only, no weapons that aren't built in
GrimWulf
No need to re-write. If it's cyber combat only, she'd be too far out of her element. She doesn't have any unarmed skill, or implanted weapons. She'd be enjoying herself most likely though.

(And I appreciate the willing to work around the story to fit that in)
Red-ROM
no problem , I want you guys to have fun, sometimes as a gm you have to put the kibosh on players for your own sanity, but I try to go with things when I can. Also, If you guys feel like your waiting on me to post more, just let me know, sometimes I'm not sure where to stop and let you guys do your thing.
GrimWulf
Oh hey, meant to ask, how much was Noise able to score off of Nose? And was it at the going rate?

I figure losing 100cred on the fights ok? Could roll an edge check or something otherwise, could end up winning some.

Perception check
6d6.hits(5) → [2,3,2,1,6,2] = (1)
Perception 2 Intuition 4
One hit, likely missed noticing the others, unless they really stick out.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (GrimWulf @ Apr 7 2010, 10:58 PM) *
Oh hey, meant to ask, how much was Noise able to score off of Nose? And was it at the going rate?

I figure losing 100cred on the fights ok? Could roll an edge check or something otherwise, could end up winning some.

Perception check
6d6.hits(5) → [2,3,2,1,6,2] = (1)
Perception 2 Intuition 4
One hit, likely missed noticing the others, unless they really stick out.

I thought the drugs were for the Vory.. you can buy however much you want(that fits in a backpack). book rate is fine

if you were betting, there were multiple fights. you probably won a little too. knock off like 50 and I think we're good. or roll some edge. I don't really know how betting on fights work
DireRadiant
Can I buy the 2 hits for perception with between 8 to 11 dice visual perception for locating or identifying any black anarchists signs or someone who could be Anni?
Red-ROM
sure, The grimy blanket to the partitioned section has a small black cross painted on it. and as they drag the Orc fighter back through the curtain, you catch a glimps of a woman.
GrimWulf
Will grab 5 hits of both bliss and novacoke.

Edge roll
4d6.hits(5) → [5,2,5,3] = (2)
Edge test for gambling

Not bad a roll at all.
Red-ROM
hey, when you cut and paste the time stamp, be mindfull of moving the clock forward
GrimWulf
Sorry for replies been kinda busy over weekend.

In regards to last GM Post/Dates.

When she says Thursday, does she mean later that same day? Or next week. Nov 18th, being a Wednesday, and the initial meet being after midnight.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (GrimWulf @ Apr 13 2010, 04:29 PM) *
Sorry for replies been kinda busy over weekend.

In regards to last GM Post/Dates.

When she says Thursday, does she mean later that same day? Or next week. Nov 18th, being a Wednesday, and the initial meet being after midnight.

hmm, didn't account for leap years i guess.. I'll change it to Saturday
Red-ROM
@ Grimwulf: what do you mean by abizyana?
GrimWulf
It's russian slang for 'monkey'. I'd just assume that if Anni didn't know the specific word that by body language, tone, etc she'd be able to tell it was an insult to the men.
GrimWulf
gah dbl-post. Ya know, I wonder why this forum has a search flood limit, but not a post flood. Would fix this kinda thing easily nyahnyah.gif
Red-ROM
it means monkey, but i'm pretty sure its russian slang for black people.
GrimWulf
eh? Er wow, not what I was looking for, and I'll move to a new source for slang. Lemme drum up something else.

Sorry about that. embarrassed.gif

edit: Lets get with svóloch' then. Slang (verified on a couple different sources this time) for bastard.
LurkerOutThere
Except bastard is a decidedly male term, personally i thought the money refrence made somewhat more sense and assume the character was black and I'd missed it. I should have identified River''s race a bit better, he's a nice anglo latino mix.

Light Tries some of that there etiquette thing on both the J and his surly teammate. Edge (8d6.hitsopen(5,6)=2)

I'd also like to do a negotiation roll on Ani if I can find out any modifiers i'll face especially post etiquette.

GrimWulf
Heh, Noise has no issue on race, it's more just the fact she's prejudiced against men in general. Light mentioned the magic words of money though. So i think there'll be no problems... in fact... composure check! biggrin.gif

6d6.hits(5) → [1,6,6,5,3,1] = (3)
Red-ROM
ok, Noise manages to contain herself, and Light river salvages a profesional image.

Lets roll some negotiation, I take it that its a teamwork test with Litany and Light?
DireRadiant
Litany can contribute 17 dice for negotiation.

Charisma 4 + Negotiation 4 + Tailored Pheromones 3 + First Impression 2 + Empathy Software 4 = 17 (17d6.hits(5)=7)

Adjust as needed for teamwork conditions etc.
Red-ROM
ok, just to keep things moving, I'm gonna go with the 7 hits, I think thats plenty, hope thats okay.

I figure Light gets 5 dice plus a negative modifier for the display with noise, its probably a wash
imperialus
Sorry for the delay in posting. I had a paper to finish up over the past couple days. Free and clear now though.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (imperialus @ Apr 15 2010, 11:56 PM) *
Sorry for the delay in posting. I had a paper to finish up over the past couple days. Free and clear now though.

not a problem, we were at a spot where we could keep moving anyway, plus I had said 2 posts a week minimum and I think we're all on top of that. I tend to post everyday usually, but I'm sure there will be times where life gets crazy.
Red-ROM
hey guys, just checking in.
So, whats happening? are you guys waiting on me for something? I guess I was waiting on a response from Noise or Mongol on Light River's invite, and maybe questions.
imperialus
I'm good to go. Mongol isn't going to join into the VPN during the meet, largely due to his computer illiteracy. He'll figure it out later once the meet breaks up, but he doesn't want to advertise that's he's pretty incompetent when it comes to tech stuff.
GrimWulf
Sorry, guess i was waiting, I'll get something up now.
Red-ROM
cool beans,

In the takeout boxes, are leftover white rice and two cred sticks each containing nuyen.gif 10,000 and scribbled on the lid is a commnumber
Red-ROM
so I have found that there seems to be a lack of table talk on these PBP games. maybe people like their anonymity. maybe I haen't played enough of these games to know. Anyway, heres a little about me to break the ice;

I'm 31 and live in VA beach, VA. I have a wife and a 1 year old son.I'm an HVAC mechanic. I've been playing SR for about 8 years... i think. Mostly 3rd edition. I was a D&D purest before moving to Olympia,Wa for 4 years and getting in with some gamers out there. Now SR is my game of choice. 4th ed came out about the same time I moved back to VA. I haven't really found many cool people to game with here yet, so i have little hands on xp with the 4th ed rules(so bare with me folks). I have a group going in RL now like once or twice a month, but they're not as good as my Oly crew. they're on the same run you guys are, and it hasn't gone well.
GrimWulf
Quick reply as I'm about to leave work.

I'm 30, live in Edmonton AB, few hours north of Imperialus, single, condo owner. Been gaming RPG's since I was 16. SR-wise have a bit of SR3 background, but now mostly SR4. Lots of DnD (2, 3.0, 3.5, 4) plus other RPGs, Call of Cthulu, Traveller, MERP and stuff I'm sure I can't recall. I'm a big sci-fi fan.

As for work I'm an Apple Computer tech, formally a Genius, but now with an independent retailer. Been doing tech stuff since 97 when I got kicked outta my HS computer class for finishing the semester in 3 weeks. (it was a good kick out, proff sent me to a job).

Got a normal gaming group that I get together with on sundays, when we aren't RPG gaming we're typically playing some other board/table top game. And erp.... there's 9 bells, gotta run.
imperialus
So another quick reply since I'm about to head to bed.

I'm 28, live in Calgary. I'm married, have 3 cats, and 2 dogs, no kids.

Right now I work as a bank teller but that's a temp thing until I finish getting my teaching certificate next spring at which point I hope to become a highschool social studies teacher. Been gaming since 14, pretty even split between D&D and Shadowrun over the years and I started with 2nd ed. My first run was the Super Tuesday series, followed by the Renraku Archology.
DireRadiant
ASL + R
Age, it's a number . it keeps going up despite everything I try.
Sex, yes, at least 4 claim I'm a parental unit...
Location. Wisconsin, where people from Calgary and Alberta, and lots from Minnesota come for the warmer clime. (It usually doesn't snow in May)
Rpgs. Dnd(1-4, arduin), chainmail, champions, shadowrun, gurps, c2020, WoD, LoTR, Castle Falkenstein, 7th Seas, Senzar, Synnibar, Palladium, RoleMaster, W40k, Fading Suns, Deadlands, Star Wars, Traveler, CoC, Earthdawn and a couple others I'm sure I forgot.

Occasionally I have time to work as in independent consultant IT Project Manager. Yes, that does mean I run my own business, owner draws and all.
Red-ROM
kewl, I've played some D20 modern, Ars Magica, Mutants and Masterminds, Legend of the 5 Rings(both D10 and D20 versions),Vampire(once, but I didn't inhale) And some Earthdawn. D&D I've played 1-3.5 and am currently boycotting the 4th.

if I play medieval stuff, I'd prefer Ars Magica, but I don't have it in me to GM it. I like D20 modern for running Zombie apocalypse. The superhero stuff tends to come off the rails pretty quick.

hows the IC thread going? you guys need anything from me?
DireRadiant
I think it's the classic get to know each other scene. We'll either all sit down somewhere face to face, or finally get the network set up and chatter over the matrix while we go our own separate ways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012