Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gencon slots...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Silver12
So, a quick question - what exactly are the MDP1-xx scenarios? Are these missions events? smile.gif

Just curious as they are listed under the name of "Missions xxxxx" in the same manner as the "Missions SRM3-xx".

Thanks!!
Quince
He's not a hacker or practiced cryptographer, but Quince wonders if the code you might mean is: MP01

And he's wondering the same thing you do... What ARE MP01s?
Bull
Heh, ok, that's out now...

For Origins and Gen Con, we're introducing the Convention Mission Packs. They were conceived before I started, so the naming convention is a bit wonky. INternally, we're now referring to them as the "Convention Mission Pack", and labelling them CMP-XX (CMP-01, CMP-02, etc). I'm not certain how they're going to be numbered in the actual registration books and such, since they had to be submitted quite some time ago.

Anyway, these are Missions adventures, but they're not tied to a particular season. You can run your Missions characters through them, you get Karma and rewards, but they're not part of the main Mission storyline. So they may take place anywhere. For example, the CMP mission I'm writing now, which will be at both cons, is called Copycat Killer? and the blurb reads "The Mayan Cutter and Tempo were two of the causes that the Star lost its Seattle contract. Shortly after Knight Errant took over, the killings stopped. Conspiracy theorists believed the Cutter was a ploy by KE to bring the Star down but now the killings have started again. Is it a copycat or the real deal?", so obviously that one takes place in Seattle.

I'll post up some new information about these and a couple other things in a bit. smile.gif
Silver12
Heh...as it turns out Tenh is not a hacker either, nor much of a reader.....yup, I meant MP.

That sounds pretty cool - scrambling to adjust my first take on events to put those back in!! smile.gif

DWC
That's pretty much what I was hoping that they'd be. Time to get cracking on my schedule.
Quince
Quince wonders if there is some sort of recommended sequence of the adventures, or if each one is a stand-alone episode of play?
Bull
THey are more or less designed to be stand alone. There are two adventures that are designed to be played together, and there's a couple missions that may have a loose tie together. I'm gonna go write that up now, so give me a bit. smile.gif

Bull
DWC
Not that a lack of information will even remotely deter me from signing up or it, but any word on the background for the Scramble yet? Can't put together a costume without knowing what sort of occasion it might be.
Bull
QUOTE (DWC @ Apr 9 2010, 10:56 AM) *
Not that a lack of information will even remotely deter me from signing up or it, but any word on the background for the Scramble yet? Can't put together a costume without knowing what sort of occasion it might be.

Aaron's in the process of writing it. We were going to talk about that this week, but he was on his Honeymoon, so... Figured that wasn't the best time for it. Probably toss some ideas around at our next Missions meeting.

And I just realized I don't think I was really clear in my big post, so I'll post here and there to answer Quince's question more directly:

CMP-02 (Copycat Killer?) and 03 (Ashes) have loose ties, but will not be Part 1 and Part 2. I wrote 02, so you should play that and then tell me how much it sucks smile.gif

CMP-04 (Humanitarian Aid) and CMP-5 (Lost Island Found) are loosely a part 1 and part 2. Same with CMP-06 (Deconstructing Patriots) and CMP-07 (Congressional Conspiracies). Neither have to be played together, but like a few of the New York Missions, they play off each other a bit and work better if played in order. smile.gif

Bull
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 9 2010, 11:18 AM) *
Aaron's in the process of writing it. We were going to talk about that this week, but he was on his Honeymoon, so...

Some honeymoon. He still showed up at the mid week game!
Bull
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Apr 9 2010, 02:56 PM) *
Some honeymoon. He still showed up at the mid week game!

He showed up for the weekly Skype Missions meeting too. He just didn't talk a whole lot. WHich for him, is weird wink.gif

Bull
Silver12
Thanks for the update Bull!

Now to redo that schedule and see if I can fit these in in order!

QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 9 2010, 01:18 PM) *
Aaron's in the process of writing it. We were going to talk about that this week, but he was on his Honeymoon, so... Figured that wasn't the best time for it. Probably toss some ideas around at our next Missions meeting.

And I just realized I don't think I was really clear in my big post, so I'll post here and there to answer Quince's question more directly:

CMP-02 (Copycat Killer?) and 03 (Ashes) have loose ties, but will not be Part 1 and Part 2. I wrote 02, so you should play that and then tell me how much it sucks smile.gif

CMP-04 (Humanitarian Aid) and CMP-5 (Lost Island Found) are loosely a part 1 and part 2. Same with CMP-06 (Deconstructing Patriots) and CMP-07 (Congressional Conspiracies). Neither have to be played together, but like a few of the New York Missions, they play off each other a bit and work better if played in order. smile.gif

Bull

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012