Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Karma Transfer Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Daedelus
Can Karma that is transfered to a new character for NY be saved as good Karma or must it be spent? If Possible I would like an official response to this please.
Bull
I... Don't know, honestly. I'm checking to see if there's any precedant that was set when they made the switch to Season 3. My gut response is "I don't see why you couldn't save a bit of karma", as you might end up with the odd change leftover, but... Let me take a look.

When we do the FAQ for Season 4, I'll look into addressing that more clearly.

Bull
Axl
Fourth edition no longer uses the distinction of "good karma".

My unofficial response: I see no problem with saving up unused karma for later. Indeed this is exactly what would be required if, for example, a character was intending to raise an already developed attribute, or create an Ally spirit.
LurkerOutThere
Errr question though, isn't it an already covered question? Karma is only transferable from second to third per the FAQ.
Bull
Sorry, I meant to post this last night. Talking with one of the former coordinators, yes, you can save karma to spend later on.

I think this is mainly intended so you don't have to waste it, if you end up with a few points leftover, but... Karma is karma. You earned it, spend it as you wish smile.gif

Bull
Daedelus
Thanks for the quick resolution to this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012