Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evil Care Bears
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tweak
For some strange reason, I want to have a walking, talking Care Bear as a Mr. Johnson. Now, I'm trying to brainstorm the Shadowrun. What fantasy elements would you have in it?
toturi
QUOTE (tweak @ Apr 9 2010, 02:26 PM) *
For some strange reason, I want to have a walking, talking Care Bear as a Mr. Johnson. Now, I'm trying to brainstorm the Shadowrun. What fantasy elements would you have in it?

Start with a Drop Bear. A possessed Drop Bear.
Ol' Scratch
An emoitoy possessed by an AI evolved from a moodchip BTL. Or just an evolved Empathy program that was in the emotitoy. Whichever floats your boat. The BTL variation links it to a specific emotion, though.
Lansdren
I'm would go for a genius hacker or possible techno who has a thing for toys.

you walk into the meet and sitting on a small chair on the top of the table is a bright blue soft toy bear wearing a italian suit with two big troll enforcers standing beside it beside it.

ok its abit odd but no worse then many of the things we have done in my game
KCKitsune
At that point you politely listen to the freaky bear, and then run like hell. wobble.gif
DireRadiant
jarhead bear

think extreme furries
Lansdren
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Apr 9 2010, 02:22 PM) *
jarhead bear

think extreme furries

Now thats just asking for the sick reveal moment,

*The bear has finally dropped to the ground from a barrage of shotgun blasts, walking up to it your constantly aware this is the part of the movie where it moves again but you dont freak out. You kick the gun out of its hands wondering how a pilot program in a toy bear could shoot so straight and are shocked to see the damage you caused in the body shell.

Fur stripped from the torso revealing not the normal drone body but the busted remains of a armoured shell. You poke the break in the case to see whats inside and it cracks further, the smell is disgusting like week old meat and soycola thats gone flat. As you move it fluid pours out of the hole brown and red colours staining the light carpet on the floor. Someone comes over with a torch to see what your looking at and as the light hits it you start to make out whats inside.

A pink shriveled brain pushed up against the side of the case almost deformed to find in it and you recoil in horror as you realise in some sick way the bear was alive*

nezumi
Or just a funny-looking metavarient/surged dwarf.
Valashar
This makes me think of the movie version of The Avengers, and Sean Connery in a teddy bear outfit. biggrin.gif
Ancient History
Try the Devil Bear or Bear Nuts.
Bull
Does it have to be a "real" bear? If not, it could be a Matrix or AR Avatar.

It could also be a Manifested Free Spirit.
Ol' Scratch
I kind of like my suggestion still. It seems the most likely (which is a relative phrase considering how unlikely it is as a whole), aside from some jokester hacker trying his hand in the shadows. It'd be full of awesome, though, if he/she/it were hiring the runners to get him/her/it a new body because he/she/it's sick and tired of being a friggin' Care Bear. smile.gif
tweak
My initial thought was that the bear was an awakened toy. I know that sounds weird.

So the characters would meet their Mr. Johnson in a high end toy store: FAO Schwarz modernized for Shadowrun. Or I could have them meet him in a gay/lesbian bar called "Under the Rainbow." The basic shadowrun is data acquisition. Since the Mr. Johnson believes that sharing is caring, he wants to dump corp R&D all over the matrix.

I'm still brainstorming.
Kerenshara
Y'know, we've got some really sick ducks on this board...

Sick in a "good" way, mind you, but... sheesh.
Ancient History
You're just saying that because I can come up with two links to evil Care Bear cartoons off the top of my head.
tweak
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Apr 10 2010, 02:48 PM) *
Y'know, we've got some really sick ducks on this board...

Sick in a "good" way, mind you, but... sheesh.

Of course, the bear will be cheer bear, and his nemesis will be grumpy bear.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Apr 10 2010, 02:49 PM) *
You're just saying that because I can come up with two links to evil Care Bear cartoons off the top of my head.

Um... Ancient History, I probably shouldn't ask, because I really don't need the squick, but your closet does NOT have a Furry costume in it, right? Right? *impudent grin*

QUOTE (tweak @ Apr 10 2010, 02:50 PM) *
Of course, the bear will be cheer bear, and his nemesis will be grumpy bear.

Um... how about "Papa Bear"? You know the one... black fur, great big gods-awful wide-brimmed purple hat with a stupid feather sticking out the leopard-print band, and lots of gold detailing? New Critter Power: Pimp Slap (Mundane)?
Ancient History
Nah. I just like...webcomics.
tweak
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Apr 9 2010, 10:57 PM) *

Nice. More ammunition.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Apr 10 2010, 02:59 PM) *
Nah. I just like...webcomics.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...

So when we see next year's highly anticipated release from CGL, the sequel to Running Wild, "Wyrd Running", the obvious reference to My Pretty Ponies won't be YOUR fault...

(Yes, that can be pronounced "weird" OR "wired", take your pick.)

*grin*
Ancient History
Any ponies would be laid squarely at Jen's feet.
Stahlseele
No, it won't, seeing how AH terminated his Contracts with CGL.
tweak
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Apr 10 2010, 03:09 PM) *
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...

So when we see next year's highly anticipated release from CGL, the sequel to Running Wild, "Wyrd Running", the obvious reference to My Pretty Ponies won't be YOUR fault...

(Yes, that can be pronounced "weird" OR "wired", take your pick.)

*grin*

There has to be an 80's cartoon land in the matrix. With augmented reality, think of the possibilities.
Stahlseele
Hell, the matrix looks like tron filled with anime and fantasy and sci-fi.
Rule 34 is basically the premise of shadowruns MEAT WORLD.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012