Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: denver missions and character improvment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
unemployedsamurai
I'm currently running a local tam through the denver missions so they can have a bit of karma beofre this year's Con season, my question is when they use their Karma Earned to improve their characters do they use the improvment tables from 4ed. or 4A, as costs for raising attributes are lower in 4Ed than 4A. Which do i use for character improvment?
Bull
SR4A.

All source-books and errata become valid and legal once they're released to print.

Yes, karma costs increased. However, the current season still uses the same Karma guidelines that Denver used. This will be reviewed and possibly adjusted for Season 4.

Bull
DWC
Are they adjusted for the Mission Packs modules?
Wasabi
Mmmm. Pie.

(Sorry misread something and can't delete this post. It was on topic originally but I answered my own question.)
Bull
QUOTE (DWC @ Apr 13 2010, 07:36 AM) *
Are they adjusted for the Mission Packs modules?

The Mission Pack Modules technically "take place" prior to Season 4, and as such, they use the same Karma Guidelines as Season 3.

THe main reason we're not changing anything yet is that we want to review it and determine if we really want to adjust them. You can generally earn up to 6 Karma per Mission, and that's just for a game that's designed to be run in under 4 hours. That's a good amount of karma, even for the SR4A guidelines. But also it's not fair to switch up the rules "mid-season" for players that started Season 3 last year or even the year before.

I also want to review the Table Rating system, because I feel that should factor more strongly into the games (In more even places, right now it's applied rather randomly), so that Table Rating 6 is truly dangerous to play in. But I'd also like to have it effect the Karma Awards as well, rather than just the MOnetary awards.

This is the same reason we're not introducing the Promotion System until Season 4. We don'tr want to dump those on a player and suddenly go "Oh, hey. Guess what? YOu have to make a new character all of a sudden!"

Bull
Wasabi
With a goal of one module per month its 12 per year which is 72 karma per year be it through a 4 hour session or 20 hour session the Karma rate is still the same long term.
The only disadvantage time-wise is when the sessions are too short to have fun or so long they are tedious and thats a very subjective, very situational thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012