Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under the Crimson Sun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
fistandantilus4.0
There seems to be an awful lot of eye brow raising going on.
Lady Door
I see your eyebrow raise, and raise you one of my own. *raises eyebrow*
fistandantilus4.0
OK, where is everybody off to after the wine house?
SinN
Back to the Estate
Ol' Scratch
How far away is the estate (assuming the same base speed of an elf, or 40')?

If there's enough time, Jace plans on heading down to Poisoner's Way and asking around a bit (via Gather Information) about a certain you-know-who from the Ivory Triangle, as well as any high-class "tradesmen" working the scene that are known to associate with him. That sort of thing.
fistandantilus4.0
Poisoner's Way is in Under Tyr, so as you're new there, you'd need a test to find an entrance as well. But you can do that. Probably take a good three hours, depending on how well you roll.
Ol' Scratch
Ah, all right, I'll wait on that then. How long do I have until I need to be at the manor house, and how long will it take to travel there?
fistandantilus4.0
At a run should only be an hour to the Estate. Up to you guys what time you're meeting back up.
SinN
In my post i told em to be there in an hour.
Ol' Scratch
Well then, I guess that settles that. smile.gif On my way to the estate.
fistandantilus4.0
Doc - edited. My bad, I misunderstood what you were saying.
Ol' Scratch
S'okay, I see where the confusion came from now. I fixed my post as well.
fistandantilus4.0
Feel free to chat it up guys. I'm paying attention. smile.gif
Ol' Scratch
My operating system crashed in a huge way today, so I'll be spending a good chunk of it reinstalling. I'll try to slip some replies in when I find the time. Just giving a bit of a head's up.
fistandantilus4.0
Ow, damn man, that's really terrible. Sorry.
Take what time you need. I'm liking the way the game is progressing. I'll hand out some experience "soon".
fistandantilus4.0
I don't know about yuo guys, but I'm loving this right now biggrin.gif/

Aust, not a city elf , really doesn't get the concept of castes freemen/slaves/nobles, and it's really evident. It's also really evident why the other nobles don't like him.

Jace, the bard, has a very good idea of where those lines are and how the system works, and is the professional bard. Love it!.

Huukena, who HATES behaving, but is a tribal elemental singer in training, as the advisor/mediator, is awesome.

Love it guys, sorry I don't have more adjectives ATM.

XP:
Bar scene
Huukena 500xp for killing Aust
Aust 250xp for dying
Jace 300XP for 'dealing'

All 400XP for RPing in both scenes so far.
Ol' Scratch
Woot! Only 1,000 more to go. <rubs hands>

Out of curiosity, do you have a write-up for the manor house? I really don't know what kind of rooms are available, or whether or not I'll have to have a "talk" with anyone inhabiting one that's most suitable to Jace's needs. biggrin.gif Something in the basement (to help maintain a steady temperature), or somewhere where he can find a good breeze through most of the day would be ideal.
fistandantilus4.0
I added the general layout to the Locations notation for the estate on the first page.

As far as house hold staff, besides Hanthros the secretary, there's only two other servants within the house. The rest all work within the fields, trying to revive them.

As far as the fields go, with a lot of organization, supervision, and water, the fields should be able to strive again . They will benefit in the long run from being able to lay fallow for a little while, as the old plants have broken down into the ground, and a lot of fertilizer has been used. Now it just needs to be properly cultivated.
Ol' Scratch
I hope it's okay if I say that Jace found a perfect (currently unused) area in the basement. If it's not, just let me know and I'll edit the post in question. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah, there's no problem with that. There's a disturbing amount of room in the basement. The place was looted during the riots two years ago and never really fully resupplied.
fistandantilus4.0
reputation Modifiers
Each character has a reputation modifier based off of their level, class, and experiences/accomplishments.

Aust +2
Jace +2
Huukena +3
Ol' Scratch
Cool. Where are those rules found? I've always liked those types of mechanics. Also, what kind of tests do they apply to?
fistandantilus4.0
Unearthed Arcana.

Sorry Iwas gonig to list the page number but I didn't hink anyone else had it. Go ahead and reference away. Bards get to use the best table. wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
No sweat, I was just curious!

Though looking it over, I'm not sure how you arrived at a +2 for Jace. As a 3rd level bard/2nd level ranger, shouldn't it only be +1? Or am I not reading these rules properly?
fistandantilus4.0
My bad actually. I was looking at lv 5 bard. *oops*
Ol' Scratch
Edited my last post since SinN posted something similar RIGHT after I edited. I'll included it in a spoiler below just in case.

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
I saw it before the edit, which was why I gave him the modifier, "team work" as it were. Either way works, so no worries. Thanks for including it here.
Ol' Scratch
Oh, I'll put it back. biggrin.gif I just didn't want to step on any toes.
fistandantilus4.0
No prob man. Posting over each other is goign to happen sometimes. Not too worried about it.
fistandantilus4.0
SinN, it's your post.
SinN
I know, been out in the feild.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Aust)
Well, I am a Lord, am I not? And arent you and Agis always telling me I need to act more like a noble, and less like a rogue? Really, Huukena. Would you make up your mind about me?

rotfl.gif

LOVE the exchange. Awesome you guys. 100xp each
fistandantilus4.0
Anyone else have any other actions or thoughts to voice, or shall we go on?
Lady Door
I'm good to go. At this point, she's just trying to stop people from killing each other on the way there and considering taking up drinking. Make everything sooo much better. *hiccup*
fistandantilus4.0
OK guys, I've currently got last post. SO ... who's up? What are you guys doing?
SinN
thought we was taken a break. Yall ready to roll?
fistandantilus4.0
I am. Although I'm not really a fan of rollin'. I'm a little more rock. wink.gif

fistandantilus4.0
This thread has taken a nice year long break. So tempting...
SinN
DO IT!!
fistandantilus4.0
I'm good to go with the game, as is "The Door". We'll pick it back up, and I'll run the good Doctor's character I guess unless he rises back up.
fistandantilus4.0
*bump
fistandantilus4.0
Running across the sands - Aust and Urgos going all out could probably make it in two days, although Urgos is definitely NOT built for cardio. ALso the half giant is carrying a heavy load. Aust as an elf just doing a straight run can clear 50 miles a day. He could reach Tyr in one day alone, which would mean leaving Urgos in the desert.

Versus the chance of loosing track of the slavers wagon. Or keeping an infant out in the desert he has few very few ways to feed.

So many choices!
SinN
EIther I risk letting a child starve, or leave my best friend in the desert to get back to the city all by himself? Also it should be noted that he isn't trusted to be by himself at the estate. Oh man, Darksun.
fistandantilus4.0
Yay Darksun!
fistandantilus4.0
Exp Rewards:

Steel Salvage : 1,500 exp
So-ut: 3,500 exp
Desert CR: 2,000 exp
RPing - Druid: 500 exp
RPing - NPCs: 1,000 exp
So-ut Hide: 250 exp
Baby Savin': 1,500 exp
Long Ass Run: 500 exp
Tough Moral Choice: 1,000 exp
fistandantilus4.0
Signaling the Veiled Alliance usually involves going to places their watchers frequent and giving certain signs and countersigns. The most common is brushing your hand over your face like a veil, usually done in a circumspect way like you're doing something else.

If/when you're seeing, from Aust' experience in Tyr's alliance, the person is usually watched for a while, sometimes days before any sort of contact is made. Even after making contact veiled members are usually very suspicious unless they know you.

Upside is that Aust isn't unknown in Urik's veil, having done some great stuff saving Korgunard and a few other members of the leadership. But since they operate in a cell system, others may not know that.
fistandantilus4.0
*bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012