I've had this idea for quite some time and I thought Dumpshock would be the best (and probably) the only place online to organize it. This wouldn't be a straight up game or even a RP. But an IC board on the Shadowlands in the actual world of Shadowrun. Where our characters could discuss what's going on in their respective sprawls and games. Talking to our GMs, or if you are a GM maybe you could let your hacker or any common matrix talker in your group know, or maybe use it yourself from a Johnson perspective.
I know this would bring up odd crossovers, seeing as in one game, a major NPC may die and in another he may not, so refrain from discussing to many things around that. But imagine, what characters from the Shadowlands would actually chat about.
Maybe you have a character you're waiting to play, but he posts on the shadowlands, or maybe your hacker has onl;ing friends, it would be a way for to do actually talk about that kind of stuff. If it's cool with other GMs, we could take each other as contacts in our respective games, letting you actually meet (at least virtually) your contacts before you take them and things of that sort. Maybe its your Shadowrun:Missions character, or a character from a game with your friends, doesn't quite matter all that much. Just a place to basically chat in character.
Always thought of it as a really cool idea, let me know if you like it, and if we get at least a few people, we can start it up.