Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Wraith235
are ally spirits allowed?
Yes. All of the standard rules for materials, extended tests, and
buying hits between Missions apply.

Can i bind spirits?
Yes. All of the standard rules for materials, extended tests, and
buying hits between Missions apply.

is taken Directly out of the FAQ .... my question is about spirit binding .... Must this take place during downtime? because if so thats a very large Monitary cost for 1 to 2 extra services
SaintHax
Only extended tests have to be done in between adventures. Binding is not an extended tests, so it's not mandatory to do during down time. Per RAW, this should not be a test you are allowed to buy successes for with the exception of only very small spirits.
forgarn
Plus, by RAW, it takes a ritual of a number of hours equal to the spirit's force. That's 6 hours for a force 6 spirit. I normally don't have that much down time during a run.
SaintHax
An adventure takes 1 calendar week-- after you are done with it, you should have 6 hours to spend doing this while still at the table.
Bull
QUOTE (SaintHax @ Apr 21 2010, 06:41 PM) *
An adventure takes 1 calendar week-- after you are done with it, you should have 6 hours to spend doing this while still at the table.

Yeah.

I would imagine the important thing is that you just make sure the GM witnesses the roll. I know this can be tough in a con setting, as sometimes games end up running a little long, or the GM and players both are scrambling to make it to their next event (And at Gen Con, that can mean a half mile or more walk, depending on how they spread the events out).

Bull
Wraith235
and wittnessing the roll isnt that bad .... he rolls you roll compare ... if its at the end ...you dont even need to worry about drain

any chance we could get Arron or one of the other Bigwigs to step in on this ?
LurkerOutThere
*cough* Bull is the bigwig.
SaintHax
I'd also assume that if a staff person didn't respond, the community has it correct. They are supposed to be busy getting us mods to play, I don't think we can expect them to respond to every SRM question to confirm what other people are saying-- I only say this, b/c I know their job is time consuming, and anything that get's me high quality mods at a fast rate: golden! smile.gif

But yeah, in this case, see the sticky topic "New Mission Cordinator" or whatever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012