Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR3 Stats for New Infected
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Patrick Goodman
Because I know that there are still people out there playing SR3, but who read the SR4 books for fluff purposes...I'm offering up the SR3 stat blocks for the three new Infected critters I introduced in Running Wild. You still gotta buy the book for the fluff text, but here's the stat block info for ya!

CODE
GNAWER
B     Q       S     C     I     W     E     R
5/1   4 (x2)  6     3     3/5   5     5     4
INIT: 4 + 1D6
Attacks: Humanoid
Powers: Immunity (Poisons), Noxious Breath, Pestilence (HMHVV-2), Paralyzing Touch. Many also have Magical Skills.
Weaknesses: Dietary Requirement (Metahuman Bone)

GRENDEL
8     4 (x3)  8     4     1/4   4     5     4
INIT: 4 + 1D6
Attacks: Humanoid, +1 Reach
Powers: Animal Control (Subterranean Critters), Enhanced Senses (Low-Light Vision, Smell, Thermographic Vision). Pestilence (HMHVV-2).
Weaknesses: Allergy (Sunlight, Mild)
Notes: Running multiplier on all fours is x4. Charisma score is only used in relation to its Animal Control power.

HARVESTER
5/1   6 (x5)  6     1     1/5   4     5     5
INIT: 5 + 2D6
Attacks: 6S (9S with two-handed attack)
Powers: Enhanced Physical Attributes (Quickness and Strength, three times per day for [Essence]D6 combat turns), Enhanced Reactions, Enhanced Senses (Low-Light and Thermographic Vision), Pestilence (HMHVV-II)
Weaknesses: Allergy (Silver, Moderate)

JABBERWOCK
9     4 (x5)  9     1     3     3     2D6Z  4
INIT: 4 + 2D6
Attacks: Humanoid, +1 Reach
Powers: Concealment (Personal), Essence Drain (Permanent), Fear, Infection, Mimicry, Regeneration, Sonic Projection. Many also have Magical Skills.
Weaknesses: Allergy (Sunlight, Moderate), Vulnerability (Plastics)
nezumi
Thank you! It's good not to be forgotten smile.gif When I get Running Wild, I'll have to print this out and tape it in.
Patrick Goodman
Do need to actually do the conversion for the mutaqua; it wasn't in my old SR3 draft. I'll get that tonight sometime.
Kagetenshi
The standard used in Critters is to give critters with Animal Control a real Charisma score rather than --; is there any particular reason you decided to go a different direction with that?

~J
Patrick Goodman
My guess is that, looking at the date of the document I cut-and-pasted from, I had done something I don't normally do: I saved edits/conversions over an older draft, rather than simply save to a new doc and go to town. It was late last night when I did some of this, so I'm also thinking I was tired and wasn't paying as much attention as I should. I'll fix that up tonight or tomorrow, depending on how hellish my schedule looks.

Sorry about that.
Kagetenshi
No problem, just caught my eye for some reason. The now-they-have-it-now-they-don't nature of critter charisma has always been one of the things that bugged me about the critter rules.

~J
Patrick Goodman
Okay, edited the grendel entry. Still need to get the mutaqua converted.
Pendaric
Many thanks dear sir.
MJBurrage
What about 3rd Ed. stats for the Jabberwock? smile.gif

On that note, would you mind my adding the 3rd Ed. stats to the Sixth World Wiki?
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Apr 22 2010, 04:09 PM) *
What about 3rd Ed. stats for the Jabberwock? smile.gif

On that note, would you mind my adding the 3rd Ed. stats to the Sixth World Wiki?

Not at all, MJ, but just for covenience's sake, let me get the mutaqua converted and get the SR3 version of the jabberwock cut-and-pasted before you do.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (nezumi @ Apr 22 2010, 07:04 AM) *
Thank you! It's good not to be forgotten smile.gif

Hey, I'm in many ways still an SR3 man at heart. Can't forget my own, now, can I?

Oh, and I edited in the jabberwock SR3 stats, FWIW.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Apr 22 2010, 04:09 PM) *

All right, MJ, things have not gone as well tonight on the conversion front as I'd like. I've got the jabberwock up in the first post, but it's going to be a little while until I get the mutaqua finished. Go ahead and post what's there, and don't even bother asking when I get the mutaqua posted; just go ahead and copy it over there.
MJBurrage
No worries, I only have time this morning to pop in myself before work. I will put it on SWW late this afternoon when I get home. smile.gif
hermit
Awesome. Many thanks Mr. Goodman!

Good to have you back here.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Apr 23 2010, 05:36 AM) *
No worries, I only have time this morning to pop in myself before work. I will put it on SWW late this afternoon when I get home. smile.gif

FWIW, I blew it on the jabberwock and forgot its weakness of Dietary Requirement (Sasquatch Blood). Not sure how I did that, but I'm pretty sure one of my kids might have been trying to help me type....
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Apr 23 2010, 09:48 PM) *
FWIW, I blew it on the jabberwock and forgot its weakness of Dietary Requirement (Sasquatch Blood). Not sure how I did that, but I'm pretty sure one of my kids might have been trying to help me type....
No problem, just fixed it on SWW (see HMHVV and Jabberwock).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012