Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: web forum software!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Req
Hey chums -

I'm wanting to put a forum for my gaming group's in-character use on my website - it ought to help organize our out-of-game communication which is currently a veritable mire of emails. I'm new to the whole webmaster thingie and haven't ever looked into what's out there.

Any suggestions on FREE board software to look into? And I don't remember off the top of my head what fun languages my host will let me use - I know I get CGI but that's all I remember. So suggest away, and if it requires something I don't have that's just too bad for me.

Thanks much,

Req
Nikoli
Check the New England Roleplaying Organization web site, I believe they use something like EZ-board. They may have details on how to aquire the software and host a site, etc.
Adam
If it's a small and simple forum, I'd suggest phpBB- check with your host to see if you get php and a mysql database first, though.
kryton
Ughhh N.E.R.O. is the reason why some folks shouldn't be allowed to breed.....

Sorry did I say that.....I'll just lurk back to my corner...........

Pimp Daddy B. over and out....

Req
phpBB good. Up and running now, almost, cept I screwed up my database. Anyway, thanks much all. I think this'll do just fine.
Stumps
doesn't Invision Board have a Free version as well?
I'd be intereseted in what you find out, as I'm thinking of tinkering with forums in a little while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012