Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Service men and women?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
SinN
Just something Ive been wondering about for a while now. How many people here on dumpshock are active-duty, reserve, guard, or retired military?

Im an Airman First Class currently assigned to FE Warren Airforce Base as a Security Forces Officer.

Anyone else?
Fuchs
Retired (reached age limit in our militia/reserves) noncomissioned officer in the swiss army (mechanized heavy mortars).
darthmord
Prior US Navy here. My wife spent 10 years active duty Navy. She's now in the Navy Reserves.
Fringe
Active-duty USAF officer, 4.5 years service.
SinN
Fringe, youre an officer? Like, gettin paid on the O scale?
MYST1C
10 months conscript tour in the German Army back in 98/99.
Tank gunner MOS.
Trained on Leopard 1A5 MBT.
Final rank Obergefreiter (NATO OR-3, German equivalent to US Army PFC).
Fringe
QUOTE (SinN @ Apr 27 2010, 11:41 AM) *
Fringe, youre an officer? Like, gettin paid on the O scale?

Indeed. I'm a student at the Air Force Institute of Technology, at Wright-Patterson.
Caine Hazen
QUOTE (Fringe @ Apr 27 2010, 02:18 PM) *
Indeed. I'm a student at the Air Force Institute of Technology, at Wright-Patterson.

Well big heyhey to you... I work on base as well. Good to see someoned else local (even if you won't be here forever)
fistandantilus4.0
U.S. Navy, Master-At-Arms Petty officer Third Class, Naval Base Coronado.

See.... I'm officially "petty" smile.gif
SinN
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Apr 28 2010, 06:50 AM) *
U.S. Navy, Master-At-Arms Petty officer Third Class, Naval Base Coronado.

See.... I'm officially "petty" smile.gif

You were long before you joined the navy bro grinbig.gif
Rand
Former USMC field artilleryman here, 85-91. Served in the first Gulf War.

Hey, Fringe, my current SR game is taking place in Dayton now, with a link to WPAFB (thogh very tentatively..).
Fringe
QUOTE (Rand @ May 8 2010, 04:09 PM) *
Former USMC field artilleryman here, 85-91. Served in the first Gulf War.

Hey, Fringe, my current SR game is taking place in Dayton now, with a link to WPAFB (thogh very tentatively..).

Nice! I remember reading the old (1st or 2nd edition) online Neo-A guide that had an entry on the Dayton area. It was pretty cool recognizing most of the references, but I never got to use it in the game.
BloodCarver
I served in the US Army Air Defense Branch as a 14R30/14S30 before making SF Selection and joining the SPEC OPS family. I was injured and medically seperated. I was not wanting to reach my RCP as an E5(SGT) with enough promotion points to be an E7(SFC). Once I was saddled with a P3(permanent) profile and was no longer on Deployable Status = my career was over. I spent eight years Active Duty with two years as InActive Reserve. I am now in local Law Enforcement(Sheriiff's department).
WyldKnight
I'm not officially a member a yet but I will be joining the Army Rangers, military runs in the family and I've wanted to join for a while now.
sinthalix
Prior service, 14 years Air Force.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012