Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mako's Spring Catalog
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
knasser
I've just updated my site with a gun collection by DS's crash2029. This is Ares rival Mako's Spring Catalogue.

All credit is to crash2029, I just have the honour of hosting it.

If anyone else wants to do a proper write-up of their adventures / props / whatevers, let me know. Given all the troubles that are going on with Shadowrun at the moment, a bit of fan material helps out the game, I reckon.

Anyway, as per usual, comments and feedback, please. Though obviously crash2029's sake this time. smile.gif

K.
nemafow
Nice work, I will take a detailed look after work tonight but can never have enough guns to look at!

On another note Knasser, how is your stuff coming along wink.gif wink.gif Can't wait to see some!
knasser
QUOTE (nemafow @ Apr 28 2010, 07:35 AM) *
Nice work, I will take a detailed look after work tonight but can never have enough guns to look at!

Yeah - he's done a really nice job on the illustrations too.

QUOTE (nemafow @ Apr 28 2010, 07:35 AM) *
On another note Knasser, how is your stuff coming along wink.gif wink.gif Can't wait to see some!

I've got some NPC Shadowrunner team write-ups from a forth-coming game, half of Dark King II, the forthcoming GruntMeister program (not my own work) and a proto-adventure tentatively called "Hell's Foundations". You're likely to see the GruntMeister next week and either some fiction or one of the Shadowrun team write-ups this weekend. For anyone who takes a break from Shadowrun and plays the rather marvelous Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space RPG, I've just written up an adventure for it here: The Whitsun War. Note that compared to Shadowrun, it is shockingly wholesome. Might do you mercenary-assassins some good to save innocent townsfolk for once. wink.gif

K.
nemafow
Yeah the illustrations are pretty bad ass, I will take a look at the Doctor Who stuff from pure curiosity and I look forward to the other stuff wink.gif
Xahn Borealis
Love the name from Deus Ex Invisible War, that was a great level. Where's the Mag-Rail? And I thought all their weapons made ammo from nanotech? biggrin.gif
nezumi
Blocked at work (today - maybe not tomorrow). However, Ares being a God-loving American company isn't going to name it their 'catalogue'. Drop the 'ue' and write like a proper American.
D2F
QUOTE (nezumi @ Apr 28 2010, 12:50 PM) *
Blocked at work (today - maybe not tomorrow). However, Ares being a God-loving American company isn't going to name it their 'catalogue'. Drop the 'ue' and write like a proper American.

Since it's not Ares, I see nothing wrong with writing it on proper english wink.gif
Crusher Bob
If it's not already obvious, the pics were made with Pimp my gun, in case anyone else wanted to play with it.
kanislatrans
Testamonial from Tony"Piccolo" Salomne, payment collections techician:" NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!..This stuff makes my nipples hard!...um, thats a good thing,right?" grinbig.gif
Mäx
Allways nice to have more guns, but the shotgun pistol should have an ap+5 not +2.
Prime Mover
Nicely done. I like em even if my nipples aren't as hard as Kanis's.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Mäx @ Apr 28 2010, 09:31 AM) *
Allways nice to have more guns, but the shotgun pistol should have an ap+5 not +2.

I think all the flechette rounds are off too.

BlueMax
crash2029
What I had in mind when I made them is mostly to rename existing guns and give them pictures so as to give more variety. The document is mostly for fluff anyways. About the Anemone and Megalodon, the Anemone fires only flechette, I may have gotten the stats wrong, I apologize. For the Megalodon the stats are for slug rounds.

Theres no mag rail because I wanted to make the catalog more of a reflection of the standard weaponry that runners have access to. That's why I didn't include the Naiad laser or the Leviathan grenade rifle.

Thank you for all the feedback guys.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Apr 28 2010, 11:06 PM) *
Theres no mag rail because I wanted to make the catalog more of a reflection of the standard weaponry that runners have access to. That's why I didn't include the Naiad laser or the Leviathan grenade rifle.

The what and the what? This is Mako Ballistics from Deus Ex Invisible War, right? They made the mag rail?
Method
Khadim: Is that a typo in your thread title? Let me know if you want me to fix it.

crash2029: very nice work!!
crash2029
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 28 2010, 10:04 PM) *
The what and the what? This is Mako Ballistics from Deus Ex Invisible War, right? They made the mag rail?

Actually I was inspired by DX:IW but this is a different Mako Ballistics. I stole the name and decided to use an oceanic theme for the guns. The Naiad laser and the Leviathan grenade rifle were some of the others I came up with. I have a whole slew of guns I made with pimpmygun. Too much free time I guess.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Apr 29 2010, 06:40 AM) *
The Naiad laser and the Leviathan grenade rifle were some of the others I came up with. I have a whole slew of guns I made with pimpmygun. Too much free time I guess.

Post 'em! It'd be nice to have a cool laser that WASN'T Ares for once. I actually like the idea of some AA on an arkoblock churrning out milspec guns while Ares sends runners to sabotage them. Cos, well, Ares saw it first. They called dibs on all the cool energy weapons.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Mäx @ Apr 28 2010, 05:31 PM) *

What if the pistol already had ap-3, then the flechette turned it to +2?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 29 2010, 10:30 AM) *
What if the pistol already had ap-3, then the flechette turned it to +2?

I would say that that is awesome indeed...
felixghost
Very nice work. Very professional. Thanks for the link to Pimp my gun...never heard of that before.
knasser
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 29 2010, 03:16 AM) *
Khadim: Is that a typo in your thread title? Let me know if you want me to fix it.

It is and yes please, respectively. Thanks. smile.gif

K.

crash2029
QUOTE (felixghost @ May 2 2010, 12:59 PM) *
Very nice work. Very professional. Thanks for the link to Pimp my gun...never heard of that before.

Thank you. I got the link for pimpmygun from DSF from a thread I cannot remember awhile back. I guess I am gonna hafta go ahead and writeup another catalog.

Thank you again for all the feedback guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012