Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC Karma Awards
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Professor Evil Overlord @ Apr 30 2010, 01:06 AM) *
Hey! That hurts! grinbig.gif

Nonsense. No self respecting lab instructor would take the time to weigh each paper individually. We randomly select five papers, weigh them together, take the average weight, and assign grades to each student in the group. wink.gif

Awesome Professor, Just Awesome...

Keep the Faith
Demon_Bob
rotfl.gif
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 30 2010, 04:37 PM) *
The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll
rotfl.gif

Was going to say we used to have a GM who would give us Karma for keeping a mission journal, and would award extra if it was written in character as OOC Karma reward. Oddly enough I kept the adventure log in the same file as the character's 2 page background entitled 'A short history of me.' At the end of the campaign the background story was several pages.

Current OOC Karma given out in our group is for accidently presenting the GM with champaign ideas.

Saw one player get both barrels of GM buckshot when he handed in a 5 page backstory after playing in the champaign for over 12 months. It could be boiled down to a dozen sentances, one of which was, "I'm going home to ask mom for mucho dinero." On the plus side he was getting greater karma per run afterwards. Or as he said, "un Mal Que Por Bien Venga."
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (nylanfs @ Apr 30 2010, 11:29 PM) *
This is about the typical length of my back stories.

[ Spoiler ]

Where have I seen that before? It was on a game over in Welcome to the Shadows.
Dread Moores
QUOTE (Nal0n @ Apr 29 2010, 06:27 PM) *
One time I had a GM give me no Karma for my first run 'cause I gave him a 74 page background story ... he said it was because it took him 3 hours to wade through my "wall of text" frown.gif

If only I could convince my players of this.
Stahlseele
If only i could convince MYSELF of this . .
I have trouble coming up with a 1 page background story <.<
It only gets worse with names and stories for contacts . .
Karoline
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 1 2010, 04:55 AM) *
If only i could convince MYSELF of this . .
I have trouble coming up with a 1 page background story <.<
It only gets worse with names and stories for contacts . .

Hehe. I kinda have that problem. I suck at coming up with names, but I can still do a decent background. Its just that my first draft looks like "<insert name here> was born in <insert place here> where she was raised by her parents, <insert parent's name here>."
toturi
One to 2 pages of the background story is usually enough for me.

However, my personal best for a lab report was a 20 pages with a CD for the appendix and a small box for the samples. And the CD was barely enough to store everything from the photos taken (low res digital photos) to the calculations.

And I have a pronomancer NPC just to make those Negotiation rolls.
Karoline
QUOTE (toturi @ May 1 2010, 07:55 AM) *
And I have a pronomancer NPC just to make those Negotiation rolls.

Yeah, I'd meant to ask which character sheet the GM uses when making OOC negotiation rolls with the players.
nylanfs
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 30 2010, 08:24 PM) *
Where have I seen that before? It was on a game over in Welcome to the Shadows.

I posted a write up of a game session here that she's a runner in. You might have read the description in the character section of Obsidian Portal.
Jhaiisiin
In my group, the only real ooc karma awards come from when a player leaves the group breathless from laughing so hard, or a phenomenal idea.

Regarding backgrounds, my longest character background wasn't for SR, but ended up weighing in at over 25k words. I think it was 65ish pages in Word w/10pt font if I recall.

Strangely, I didn't care for the character in the end (for many reasons, none because of the length of the background)
Mesh
QUOTE (nylanfs @ May 1 2010, 11:57 AM) *
I posted a write up of a game session here that she's a runner in. You might have read the description in the character section of Obsidian Portal.

Mishawaka Runners... Were you trying to go for a Japanese name? (Mishawaka isn't Japanese if so)

Mesh

(Samma wagga kan?)
Karoline
QUOTE (Mesh @ May 1 2010, 10:01 PM) *
Mishawaka Runners... Were you trying to go for a Japanese name? (Mishawaka isn't Japanese if so)

Doesn't sound very Japanese, but the Japanese could at least spell it.
nylanfs
Mishawaka, IN nyahnyah.gif It's where the game is held. It's supposedly the name of a Shawnee chieftain's daughter
Karoline
And therefore very unlikely to be Japanese nyahnyah.gif
Mesh
Well there we have it. KaPOW!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012