Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simsense Vertigo and Imaging Scopes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mercer
I know that Simsense Vertigo applies to Smartlinks, as well as AR, VR and Image Links. Does it apply to Imaging Scopes? According to the text, Imaging Scopes are "classic scopes... attached to the top mount [and] can be upgraded with any of the vision enhancements noted on p. 323."

Would an Imaging Scope with Optical Vision Mag (like mages would use) be something that wouldn't trigger the Simsense Vertigo penalty?

Edit: I think i just answered my own question, but sometimes that's fun too.
Lansdren
I would say no as a optical magnification system for a mage would be a old fashioned telescope using glass lenses (or maybe plasic) to magnify the image no simsense of any kind here.

Strangly enough my mage has one of those a beautiful carved wooden and brass one for use in long range magical sniping
Karoline
I'm guessing it would vary from scope to scope. No optical scope should trigger it, as the vertigo (supposedly) comes from all the little arrows and graphs and charts and info and everything else flying around in your vision. Now, for an electronic scope, I'd say generally no as long as it isn't smartlinked or image linked to anything.
Smokeskin
In my mind, even a digital scope would be usable by someone with simsense vertigo. It isn't AR, VR or simsense, it is just like the viewfinder on a classic camcorder, no reason for that to cause vertigo. There's no articial objects you have to relate to, no mismatch between the VR or simsense feed and your actual sensory input.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012