Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paranoia returns in august!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
lorg
Paranoia returns

YAY! Can't wait. Besides a few shadowrun books (hopefully) this will be the only rpg related thing I'll buy this year.

And thank god that "megawhoops" and all are now classified by friend computer as non-products. Whooooopi!

Squire
The computer is my friend and provides for the needs of all loyal citizens.

ALL HAIL THE COMPUTER!

(Translation: "Excellent")
Req
Yes! Best news EVER!
Grey
I love this game, have for years and years. Though I still can't get my wife to understand why its so cool.
Kagetenshi
*Salutes the Computer*

~J
Crusher Bob
That was not the proper salute to the Computer, Kage-10-shi. Die mutant-commie scum *zap*.
sable twilight
"Stay alert.
Trust no one.
Keep your laser handy."
Scarab
QUOTE (lorg)
And thank god that "megawhoops" and all are now classified by friend computer as non-products. Whooooopi!

Believing in a god mightier than the Computer is treason. Please report to the nearest confession booth.
lorg
I never claimed that there was a some mightier then the Computer. What kind of godless communist are you .... Eat blaster commie scum!! BLLAAAAAST! BLAAAAAST! BLAAAAST!

Kagetenshi
There has been talk of the concept of something mightier than the computer. I'm afraid you're not cleared for that information, citizens. *Zap zap zap zap zap*

~J
Req
Congratulations, Citizen! You've won an all-expense paid vacation in the HEL Sector Recreational Gulag!
Lantzer
QUOTE (Grey)
I love this game, have for years and years. Though I still can't get my wife to understand why its so cool.

I hear you. Mine either.

How can you not love any game that makes a character responible for testing rocket-powered pogo roller-skates while dodging Commie mutant laser-fire?
Panzergeist
Your wives have been terminated. If new wives do not arrive within 5 minutes, contact tech support.
Siege
"It's a 7 clone mission. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...oh... frag."

-Siege
Xirces
QUOTE (Panzergeist)
Your wives have been terminated. If new wives do not arrive within 5 minutes, contact tech support.

How do I sign up? biggrin.gif
ShadowPhoenix
God I love Paranoia, I played it once, and I just love the conspiracy of it all. I can't wait to play again smile.gif
Sunday_Gamer
I've played Paranoia 3 times.

The first two sucked, the Gm was totally favoring certain players, left a sour taste in my mouth, dropped it.

Years went by.

Then one day, me and 3 of my friends are standing in a hall at a gaming con, chit chatting when suddenly a tiny little woody allen acting man with a thick new york accent (we're in Montreal) turns the corner and looks overjoyed to see us.

"There you are!" He exclaims.
"This way" he continues as he cuts through us and proceeds down the hall.

We kinda look at each other and shrug, deciding to follow this strange little man.

He walks into a room, sits down, and tells us to sit, so, being all clever, we sit.
He hands out characters and just starts GMing Paranoia.

There followed 4-5 hours of the most fun I've ever had gaming. It was sheer sillyness, great roleplaying, colorful NPCs and chaos and mayhem for everyone.

It ended with us competing our assignment of guarding this 4 block super self aware tank. we were all down to our last clones, except for Nova... he had 2 left.

During the debriefing, we were each asked whether we felt that the tank could replace the infantry or if the tank should be scrapped and the infantry reinforced.

We all had our own answers, picking one or the other...
Except Nova, he suggested the two work together.

We were all executed by whichever party we didn't choose.
Nova got killed by both. =)

We were all dead, dead, dead.
Nova felt as though perhaps he had been cheated of his victory and with mild annoyance on his face, turned to the little man as he was throwing his books into his bag and preparing to leave.

"So what SHOULD we have answered?" He asks, preparing for a discussion on the matter.

The little man, grabbed his bag, looked up with a smile and shouted.

"ALL HAIL THE COMPUTER!! THE COMPUTER IS MY FRIEND!!" and left the room.

Game, set and match.

Haven't played since, there's no follw up to that gaming session.

Sunday
Shadow
I played a few times, it's a good game. One of the players set off a thermonuclear explosion that killed us all. Unfortunetly the computer kept launching clones to our last location, right into the expanding blastwave. Yeah, that was fun.

GM: "You launch, you are vaporized"

Player: "Please for the love of god do not LAUNCH!"

GM: (from computer) "Your request has been noted citizen and will be logged with the proper authorities."

Needless to say we had a blast.
Stumps
*ZAP!*
Beast of Revolutions
I thought clones were never blamed for the actions of their predecesors? And doesn't it take about 5 minutes for a clone to arrive? How big a nuke was that?
Stumps
*ZAP! ZAP!*
Beast of Revolutions
Did you mean the radiation killed them? That would make more sense. Oops, I mean zap zap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012