Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumpshock Bug Report – Sixth World Wiki
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
MJBurrage
Since late last year, I have been unable to edit my user page at Sixth World Wiki. Instead of the edit going through, I get some variant of the following message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/sites/wiki.dumpshock.com/htdocs/includes/SpecialPage.php on line 911

Now I also get a similar error on the Sasquatch entry:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/sites/wiki.dumpshock.com/htdocs/extensions/UserMerge/UserMerge.i18n.php on line 332

Also since late last year I have not been able to uplaod images to Sixth World Wiki, getting the following message:
The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver.

Bull
I don't know if anyone's really maintaining the WIki page these days. It badly needs an overhaul though at some point. We've talked about it a bit, but it's lower on the priority list.
Adam
It needs a software upgrade and me to find someone trusted to hand over the keys to, basically.
MindandPen
What would that entail?

-M&P
Banaticus
Is this why I can't log in? My password doesn't seem to be working, so I told it to resend the password (username Banaticus -- should be going to banaticus@gmail.com) but nothing's come yet.
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Adam @ May 20 2010, 10:50 PM) *
It needs a software upgrade and me to find someone trusted to hand over the keys to, basically.
  1. How much technical knowledge is involved in running a wiki?
  2. Would software updates etc. be easier if Sixth World Wiki was moved to Wikia? If so what would be the drawbacks of such a move?
    • If the move would solve technical issues, what about a merger with the Shadowrun Wikia?
    • I could see such a combined wiki (with headers for Real World articles; much like Memory Alpha and Wookiepedia) keeping the feel of Sixth World Wiki, while avoiding duplication of effort.
Adam
Now that I'm out of my big pre-Gen Con crunch, I hope to turn some attention to this over the next couple of weeks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012