Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MBAW
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
RangerJoe
Has anyone had experience playing Mutatn Bikers of the Atomic Wastes? It runs on the FUDGE engine and looks like a lot of fun (I was thinking about giving my SR group a break, playing MBAW for a few weeks, then smacking them with THE TERRIBLE TRUTH. That's just enough grittiness to make them want to go back to cyberpunk).

If so, what kinds of encounters worked best?
Crusher Bob
Depends on what kind of flavor you are looking for, but anything you have to think more than a few minutes about is probably right out.

Giant mutant Jesus Lizards trying to spread a message to peace and love are attacked by the KKK, with the characters help out?

Legend has it that in the mountains is a giant glowing green rock that can be crushed and added to gasoline for that extra *vroom*, what are you waiting for?

A group of fat beaded men (in Sailor Moon Suits) have descended en masse on the peaceful town of Podunk, how will the characters get rid of them?
RangerJoe
ah.... jesus lizards.....

That's about the atmosphere I am looking for. I am thinking about dividing the encounters into "episodes where the rocket launcher would neatly solve the problem" and "episodes where it wouldn't."

I run a fairly cereberal group of players, so I am thinking about throwing in a mad Leibowitzian monk screaming about "invisible rays! invisible rays from the stars!" or somesuch. That, or a hermit who lives on a butte and argues talmud...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012