Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LargeMike starts another kooky game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Large Mike

So this is what I've been thinking. Civilians. People with no previous experience with weapons, much experience at all with magic or decking, much cyberware at all, etc. Completely normal people of 2064. I will be throwing them into criminal roles, jarring them and screwing up their lives.

I just want to gague interest before laying down anything concrete.

Ever wanna play someone who has to take a minute to marvel at the weight of the first pistol they ever handle?
Fresno Bob
So, people with Pistols: 1, and 3s in most of their stats, versus gangers and runners?

Why the hell not? Sign me up.
Large Mike
Dude, you're going to have to argue pretty hard for that pistols: 1.

Civilians. Pedestrians.

Dig the first-time-ness.

And how did I know you'd be first?
Fresno Bob
Heh. Maybe because you know I'm a glutton for punishment.

The hardest part I think will be coming up with a normal guy name.
Herald of Verjigorm
Hmmm... legal cyberware if any, only minor self defense combat skills and gear, only legal magic if any...

I call the recently fired (on account of trolling) elementary school teacher.
Large Mike

I may set it down so that you all work at the same place, so wait until I've judged interest before throwing down a concrete character idea.

And Voor: Nick is a normal person's name. In fact, it's the only name I think of you as, it's that normal.
Lindt
I hate you. You make such interesting games! Put me on the list.
Fresno Bob
Well, its not like I can use Nick now. Ooh, maybe I could make him a cousin of Nick. Then make Nick a contact. And have Nick not really like him. That could be fun.

Wait, like, if you met me, you'd call me Nick?
Lindt
Only if you call him Al.
rotfl.gif
Large Mike

Actually, out of habit, I probably would call you Nick. Voorhees doesn't roll off the tongue easily enough to be a name. Grey gets away with it, and Digital can be shortened to DH, but I'd probably end up calling you Nick until I was corrected.
Large Mike

So, in the first hour of this being up, I have Nick, Herald, and Lindt.

I think that's enough preliminary interest to put up something a little more solid.

I'll have something prolly tomorrow. Tonight maybe. I'm visiting my parents and there's nothing better to do here than live on dumpshock, plan SR, and write for my own system.
Fresno Bob
Technically I'm not Nick right now. I'm...Voor, I guess...
Large Mike

Yeah, but Nick comes more easily. I thought you would have noticed I only call you by character name by now.
Callidus
I'd be interested too, sound like fun *8-> just fear the devil rats *8->
Nikoli
If you'll have me I'm interested
Bearclaw
If you've got space, I'd like to play.
Large Mike

Voor is automatically in because he has excellent characters and posts and a fairly high volume, keeping the game fast. There are a few others I will extend this courtasy, should they apply, but the rest of you have the addition condition that your character has to impress me just a little bit. But it won't be difficult.

And yes, I'm playing favorites, but that's only because I want to build as good a game as I possibly can.

I'll put up what I need for characters in a little bit.
Grey
I'm interested, but I want to see where it goes too. It sounds like it could be cool, but it could also bomb.
Grey
Aw, fuckit. Large Mike always pulls through. I'm in.
Large Mike

I win. Grey, you also get special treatment, through a combination of being a pretty good player, and driving me to the airport. (I never forget a debt, my friend.)
gobogen
Damn it, I have the feeling that I might be just late ... or maybe I can bully my way to the front ... and teleporting is always good ! scatter.gif

I'd like to be in, the idea sounds really great!
Fresno Bob
Sweet, auto in. Maybe I will make Nick's cousin as a character...
Large Mike

So, here's the plan. I need characters that work at a moving company. JMS Moving. It's a medium-sized business with about two-dozen employees and 4-5 trucks, all said and done. Times have been a bit hard, so nobody is getting quite enough hours and, although it's doable, living with the kind of paycheck the characters have been getting kinda sucks.

So, positions within the company could include movers (who actually physically haul crap), drivers, dispatcher, accountant/secretary, and so on. Remember, normal people. I want to see stuff like families and hobbies and that sorta thing.

Point system. 70 points. Yes, it's low, but you're not supposed to be badased.

Mail them to me at evilwins(at)thedigitalsoul.net

And I am predisposed towards characters written out in .doc or .txt format, but I'll take .html and .sr3, grudgingly
Herald of Verjigorm
Are you opposed to your Dumpshock message set getting spammed with character data (formatted into nice, readable, plain text of course)?
Also, will you accept partially random SURGE?

I may want to pick one or two traits, pay the 5 BP at chargen, and let you roll the rest of the possible effects. My current plan is to make him as a human, request goblinize (Troll) as a SURGE result, and then you inform me of the rest of the effects.
Large Mike

I am not opposed to being PMed with stuff. My knee-jerk on the SURGE is no, but feel free to try and convince me. It's not impossible.
gobogen
I sent you a character, LM. Hope you like it. It's Gino, a driver of the company.
Nikoli
Just sent you Jimmy, a bit of muscle
Fresno Bob
Hmm, I should get to work on my character.
Large Mike

Nikoli, unless I get five characters that fit the mold better than Jimmy (which isn't that likely, he's just about perfect), you're in.
Large Mike
Herald, you're in.
Callidus
I'll try to get my character over to you tonight when I get home, got an idea for the secretary.... she may be a bit ditsy... or it could be an act *8->
Nikoli
Sweet
Digital Heroin
Sooo have an idea for a guy that could be a rigger down the line... just a regular wage slave who had a big suprise one day... will private the details of the suprise if you like...
Large Mike

Gimme details.
Fresno Bob
Well, I've finished my character. Just gotta make his background and he's good to send.
Grey
I'm swaped at work right now, Month-End time. I'll have a character for you next week.
Lindt
Im working on your pathetic magical adept. He MIGHT make it a stand up fight in a bar, but thats about all. Proving to be rather entertaining. No check that, hes just a pathetic adept. Im thinking he might be an acountent or something.
Large Mike

gobogen, you're in. I have characters from Nikoli and gobo. Grey, Herald, Voor, Lint, DH, get cracking. You're racing against each other now. I'm prolly going to cap this game a 5, and two slots are filled.
Herald of Verjigorm
I sent you mine already. If you need another copy, I'll get it to you.
Large Mike

Right, sorry. Herald, you're in.

Leaves only two spots open. Get cracking, kiddies.
Large Mike

Voor, it is officially noted that your character is in, earning you the second last spot. But my email is fighting my over (of all things) the fact that it's .rtf. What does that have to do with my email, you ask? I reply that I fuggin well don't know. I bribe people to interact with technology for me. But in the end, it means I'm going to need you to send it again, in .txt or .doc or even .html this time.

Sorry. frown.gif
Callidus
Sorry I've been crap and had no time to put together my character but if anything opens up gimme a yell hopefully things should calm down soon *8->
Lindt
Im gonna bow out, as Im in 2 games now, and am running a game on a different server staring sometime next week. Have fun kiddies
Large Mike

Cal, it ain't over till it's over. I still have a spot open, plus another with Lint ( nyahnyah.gif ) bowing out.
moosegod
Fsuck it, I'll give it a shot.

Sudden awakening later on sound good?
Large Mike

As in mid-game? Well, not without paying for it. PM me if it's anything complicated.
Fresno Bob
Alright, I'll send it as a .txt.
Large Mike

Voor, Sid's in. Try to keep the crossover to a minimum. No need to complicate things. On the other hand, we could complicate things. We'll talk later, me thinks.
Nikoli
Can we get a synopsis as to where we are currently? How many slots, filled, waiting, when you expect to kick off?
Large Mike

We're sitting at 4 players.

Voorhees
Herald of something that must be nordic or something (what does that mean, anyways?)
gobogen
Nikoli

I intend to start just as soon as I get one more player. I think Grey was going to throw me together something. I might try and recruit outside the boards. But basically, that's it. One more person, and we start.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012