Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nadja Daviar
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Caadium
I asked for an explanation in another thread, but got nothing so I was hoping someone could help me out.

What has happened with her?

PS - If you are going to give some answer about nipples falling off, please explain.
hermit
She was killed by an author.
Caadium
QUOTE (hermit @ Jun 11 2010, 08:50 AM) *
She was killed by an author.

When, where, and how was she killed?
hermit
As with the Tir, we don't know. It happened offscreen, in a throwaway manner.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Caadium @ Jun 11 2010, 11:54 AM) *
When, where, and how was she killed?

I don't think it was ever actually confirmed that she was killed, was it? I think they mention her in the BBB and they mentioned she was missing but thats about it(as far as I can recall, away from books)

Sorry about the nipples thing nyahnyah.gif Kind of a reference to a scene in one of the novels between her and Ryan Mercury. I figured someone else would come in with more salient info to trump me, but I was wrong.
Banaticus
Somehow she was transported into the future, from the Sixth to the Eighth world, to the BattleRun world.

Edit: I would so buy the BattleRun book if one existed, it sounded like an awesome world.
merashin
the battletech book does exist, do you perhaps mean battlerun? the april fools joke fusion between battletech and shadowrun.
Yerameyahu
Who?
Oni Baloney
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 11 2010, 03:36 PM) *
Who?

Nadja Daviar was the Big D's interpreter, the executor of his will, vice-president of the UCAS for a while, controlled enough Ares stock to be a king-maker (or CEO-maker as it were). You know, a throw away character.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Oni Baloney @ Jun 11 2010, 09:39 PM) *
[…] the executor of his will […]

…by running a AA-sized foundation…
Samoth
She was a mysterious character that never had any backstory fleshed out and then she was just as mysteriously dropped from the game's storyline. The end.
Xahn Borealis
According to Running Wild, the Draco Foundation is "still ostensibly chaired by former UCAS Vice President Nadja Daviar" (Running Wild, p.73). Make of that what you will. Could someone explain this nipple falling off thing?
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jun 11 2010, 03:00 PM) *
Could someone explain this nipple falling off thing?

Just silliness perpetuated by yours truly. Was in another thread
Samoth
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jun 11 2010, 08:00 PM) *
According to Running Wild, the Draco Foundation is "still ostensibly chaired by former UCAS Vice President Nadja Daviar" (Running Wild, p.73). Make of that what you will. Could someone explain this nipple falling off thing?

in the dragonheart trilogy when shes having sex (of course) with super stud ryan mercury jak koke spends an unusal amount of time describing her nipples.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Samoth @ Jun 11 2010, 03:05 PM) *
in the dragonheart trilogy when shes having sex (of course) with super stud ryan mercury jak koke spends an unusal amount of time describing her nipples.

And thus once they fell off, she became a spectral being that made her impossible to be remembered by devs and writers nyahnyah.gif

See, I knew someone would understand
stevebugge
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Jun 11 2010, 12:12 PM) *
And thus once they fell off, she became a spectral being that made her impossible to be remembered by devs and writers nyahnyah.gif

See, I knew someone would understand

Or she was actually a Dikoted Ally Spirit in the form fo an ARES Viper Sliver Gun and someone forgot to buy her dinner.
Tiger Eyes
She went on maternity leave and is popping out baby lizards. smile.gif

(No, seriously, Ancient and I have had that discussion. More than once.)
Rotbart van Dainig
Given the canon development for Romanov…
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Jun 11 2010, 03:06 PM) *
She went on maternity leave and is popping out baby lizards. smile.gif

(No, seriously, Ancient and I have had that discussion. More than once.)

Normal babies just eat you out of house and home...
hermit
She went on maternity leave and is popping out baby lizards.

Given how they'Re a rathermodern couplke, and Daviar rakes int he top nuyen AND is much more essential for the functioning of the company, I'd expect Mercury take maternity leave, if anyone.
Ancient History
Well the plan, as much as there was a plan, was that she would show up one day wit a couple jhereg-like critters perched on her shoulders, Ryan Mercury nowhere to be seen.
fistandantilus4.0
The Mercury baby was how we'd explained it in our game FWIW. Wasn't a lot else to work with. That and it always seemed to me taht she was supposed to be an as yet unexpressed drake. Dunk grabbed her up after meeting her just once (dragons can spot a drake to be better than the drake to be can) , and had a much longer version of her name for her, just as he did for Mercury (don't care enough to look it up). But since that only came up once, there's not much more to go off of with it.

Btw - jhereg = awesome. Kudos AH.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Samoth @ Jun 11 2010, 03:05 PM) *

Was Jak Koke the one who wrote The Terminus Experiment? That was my favorite SR book. It was sufficiently manly for my tastes.
fistandantilus4.0
Co-Author
Abstruse
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Jun 11 2010, 08:24 PM) *
The Mercury baby was how we'd explained it in our game FWIW. Wasn't a lot else to work with. That and it always seemed to me taht she was supposed to be an as yet unexpressed drake. Dunk grabbed her up after meeting her just once (dragons can spot a drake to be better than the drake to be can) , and had a much longer version of her name for her, just as he did for Mercury (don't care enough to look it up). But since that only came up once, there's not much more to go off of with it.

Btw - jhereg = awesome. Kudos AH.

I took it as she's a latent IE myself. Figured there'd be a novel down the pipe where she'd find out, then get capped at the end of the book.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Jun 11 2010, 08:34 PM) *

I think after reading it, I wrote to Jak Koke with my comments, and he wrote me back thanking me for my feedback.

Is he still online? I should send him an email now that it's been, like, over a decade, and tell him that in retrospect Terminus Experiment really was the best SR book insofar as it was manly enough whereas many of the others weren't. spin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012