Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rewarding Deadheading
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Chance359
Over the past few months, my group has grown to 10+ with different people joining in on different jobs. In order to help my GM out and give him a chance to play, I've started rerunning some of the missions for him and others who have missed out.

We do have quite a few people who just enjoy playing and will show up to replay mods they've already been through just to help out the team. So my question is can I allow them to start a different character since it would be under a different GM on the log sheets? I just feel bad that all I can give the players is an "atta boy" for taking the time to be there.
Bull
There's nothing in the rules that say you can't play more than one Missions character. Just track them seperately...

Also, since you know that these players have run through the adventure before, you should probably try and make sure they let the "new" players make the bulk of the decisions and do most of the planning, so that the guys who've done it before don't "ruin" the game for them.

On the flip side, if the new players get stuck, you can look to the older players to nudge them in the right direction, without you aving to step in as GM and do it smile.gif

Bull
LurkerOutThere
*Blink* This is completely different then what I have been told in the past, this is twice in 24 hours.

Bull
Go figure. smile.gif I've never seen anything forbidding it, and my take on it is: So long as you're having fun, and not ruining anyone else's fun, you should be allowed to do it.

If there is a rule in place somewhere that I missed... Maybe I'll have to see about changing that! smile.gif

Bull
LurkerOutThere
I'm not complaining by any means. I had some modules that I played with a pregen at Gencon for my first SRM outing that I thought were pretty much lost to me. Now that I can play them with my current character (or a different one if I so choose) that opens up new options. I don't like it from the standpoint that It could lead to abuse or muchknining but I suppose those who will abuse the system will do so regardless of what's in place.

It does raise the point once again that the FAQ desperately needs redone.
Bull
Most GMs at cons barely look at your Missions character sheet. When they do, it's usually just to see if you've done certain missions or accomplished certain goals. They're certainly not going to do the math and see if everything on your sheet adds up correctly.

So yes, if someone wants to cheat, they will. Not much that we can do about that, really. Maybe in 5 or 10 years, we can completely automate the system via The Matrix, with record sheets and additions to them all handled online, with sheets saved to a central database... But until that becomes feasible and possible without a LOT of work on our part? It's not really something worth worrying about.

And yes, FAQ needs updated and redone. It's on my to do list, along with finalizing the Promotion system. Both should be done before Season 4 launches.

Bull
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012