Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Google Wave
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Macavity
Do any runners out there have Google Wave? Looking to do some shop talk and test it out for running / playing Shadowrun. You can either post your google wave nick or just post that you have it and PM it to people you want to wave.

m4c4vity@googlewave.com
Unseen
invisibled@googlewave

I'd love to get in on a game.
Yerameyahu
The product isn't really ready yet, but I've tested it a bit with my friends.
yerameyahu@googlewave.com
Belvidere
I've had a bit of use on it, but not enough to give an opinion. It seems useful though

twizk241@googlewave.com
svenftw
My group uses it to supplement roleplaying between sessions and to make all the rolls for our downtime tasks.

You can add a bot called "Random Lee" that rolls dice and it has everything you need to make Shadowrun tests, you can even explode 6's if you're spending Edge before the roll.
Yerameyahu
Random Lee Twenty is a usable bot. Not as pretty as some I've used, but the only one that definitely does SR4 correctly. After you force it. smile.gif
shadowfire
We were talking about doing 3rd edition. I had also suggested the use of Tuxaios since it has exploding dice capabilities, it easy to use/activate, and doesn't slow the wave down with needless graphics.
I have played rpgs with google wave before and at its best, it works well with 3 separate waves: one for in game chat, on for out of game chat and dice rolls, and one for a battle map.
vertigo
I'd be interested in checking it out.

Used wave for an SR4 campaign as a wiki-drop in replacement for tracking what players knew about missions / NPC's, etc. Couldn't get two of the lazier people in my group to create an account though so we stopped using it.

jon.swanson@googlewave.com
Yerameyahu
Lazy people ruin everything like this. frown.gif
Platinum
I tried to get a game rolling with google wave and found that it was too cumbersome. The interface is slow and bombs when waves get too large.

IRC or Skype is definitely the way to go.
shadowfire
When i played using it, we just opened new waves for both IN game and Out of game whenever they became to full or slow.
Yerameyahu
It's true that Wave is not a primetime technology yet. Making new waves often does help. IRC/Skype/whatever does not replace Wave's primary functions at all. It's not *for* real-time, it just has that ability (and isn't very good at it).
Platinum
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 13 2010, 03:44 PM) *
It's true that Wave is not a primetime technology yet. Making new waves often does help. IRC/Skype/whatever does not replace Wave's primary functions at all. It's not *for* real-time, it just has that ability (and isn't very good at it).

Google wave's best feature is the playback. Anything else can either be more effectively accomplished with IRC if you are doing real time or forums if you are doing PbP. I haven't seen anyone effectively integrate apps either than bots that will roll for you.
Yerameyahu
That's mostly because it's too slow and buggy. smile.gif If they ever finished it, it'd be great: chat, email, forum, wiki, website. In the current preview state, it's just a richer forum. The playback is definitely too slow and clunky for anything but undeleting when absolutely necessary.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012