Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mission Transfer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
sgtbarnesKY
Question since Season 3 is ending at mission 12 and then there are 8 fill in Missions between that and Season 4, can we make a new character and transfer our Karma from our current characters to the new one like from Season 2 - Season 3? Starting with the new Seattle Missions unvailing at Origins this year, since they start a new city. Just curious, since we could transfer karma from our Denver characters to out New York characters.
Bull
Season 4 doesn't start till after the convention season this year. Origins, Gen Con, Dragon Con, and any of the other cons the CGL demo Team and Missions GMs run at this year will be the final Season 3 Missions, and teh 2010 Convention Mission Pack adventures.

The CMPs are technically part of Season 3, though they're not part of the New York Missions... They're designed to be more open and free form, and aren't confined to any single location. YOu can play them concurrently with Denver or New York Missions right now.

Once season 4 launches, the Promotion System will go into effect. Basically, this puts a karma cap on characters transferring into Season 4, to kind of balance the scales a bit, since we have characters running around right now with several hundred karma that have played through all three seasons thus far. There will be benefits for players whose characters get promoted and retired... Some small benefits that their new character will eb able to take advantage of. We're still working out the details for that at the moment though. I'm hoping to have the Promotion System ready to roll out at Gen Con for sure, if not at origins as well. (And to answer a question I've had come up a couple times, Promotion will only be happening when you actually enter a new Missions Season... So you won't have to worry about your character getting retired halfway through the campaign).

For characters that are underneath the Karma cap, you will be able to transfer that character into the new season, as per the normal rules. We'll have a revised FAQ that will hopefully be out in advance of Season 4, but I don't see those rules changing drastically...
sgtbarnesKY
Wonderful that's what i needed to know, looking forward to this year's Con season, almost time for Origins to start and can't hardly wait, thse next few missions look to be interesting Season 3 looks to be going out with a BANG. Gonna rawk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012