Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gimmie that country!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Catadmin
I keep seeing comments in other threads about countries people want to see in the SR books, so I thought I'd start a thread all by itself.

What countries do you feel are under-utilized and under-mentioned (or not mentioned at all) in SR and deserves formal, canon SR treatment?
Mesh
More Japan, please.

Mesh
Fix-it
eastern europe/balkans

and hasn't it been a while since europe itself was updated?
Minchandre
The entire Middle East (aside from Dubai, but even that could use more detail).
Caadium
I'll tell you what happened in Mali

After the USA failed to move to the elimination round of the 2010 world cup, due to a HORRIBLE call by a Malie ref, USA annexed the small African country. In protection of its employee, and a move to extraterritoriality, FIFA eventually overthrew the US government, making Mali the defacto headquarters for FIFA. Although the organization has struggled as the world changed, the awakening and then augmentations caused quite the controversy for the sport, Mali remains the corporate headquarters. Mali citezenship means FIFA citezenship.

Xahn Borealis
Great Britain?
Ancient History
Brandie, dahlink, do you even have a list of the countries that haven't been covered yet?
BlueMax
0, nil.

I do not subscribe to the forced and frankly unnatural internationalization of the past N years.

It would be nice to see the Tir, the NAN, the CAS and UCAS get in depth updates. Seattle got a reprint, so at least the City/State of Seattle is up to date.

After that, if there is *abundant* pages to be printed, work outward radially.

Ohh, and regional publishers.. Zee Chermans and French (japanee?), should write books on their repective countries.

If anything, Shadowrun needs Era Icons like Battletech

* 2050's Everything is new and freaky, the world recovers, Things are amazing and differesnt
* 2060's That darn Comet and the Rebuilding of the world to the late 1990s population and relative powers
* 2070's Take 1999 stats for each country and apply modern tech (hey, its perfectly realistic and all that)

We play 2050's most often. We have gone so far as to make timelines for which aspect of the game will come in when and whatnot. These include gear, magic, cyber and so on. However, all Cyberdecks are jut commlinks since SR4A is the rules set du jour.

BlueMax
Saint Sithney
Indonesia and all the Malay islands.
The various Chinese provinces.
Morocco.

I feel like those should be in the book.
Catadmin
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 18 2010, 06:21 PM) *
Brandie, dahlink, do you even have a list of the countries that haven't been covered yet?

There's a difference between what hasn't been covered and what people actually want more coverage on.

Since I can't keep track of everything people have mentioned in other threads, and I'm genuinely curious, I thought I'd post a consolidation thread.
quinn the eskimo
seconding the middle east. especially Cairo.
Megu
I want more in-depth coverage of the Dega Alliance conflict area in Southeast Asia. Kind of a personal interest area.
Laughing One
+1 for the middle east.
Penta
Middle East, Greece...If you really want to get out there, the Pacific Islands.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012