Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Origins Ho!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Bull
Ok kids, I'm off to Origins. Be back Monday, probably...

If you're attending Origins, be sure to say "hey". smile.gif And I'll be taking pics of the gaming room and the folks playing for the Missions Facebook page smile.gif
KarmaInferno
Hey!

I had a great time at Origins, played the Season 3 finale and a few other SR missions.

A hearty thank you to the judges and other volunteers there.

And I got to meet Bull in person! and fire a rocket! the two events not necessarily being related.

aka the Grumpy Old Cybermage
Bull
It was good to meet you! Glad you had fun smile.gif

There's some pics going up on the Facebook Shadowrun Missions Fan Page (and my own Facebook Page). I'll get some links up shortly...

Bull
Fringe
I had a great time meeting all of you at Origins! Especially Engel, the latest member of The Conquistadors!

Of course, at my final table (Saturday afternoon), I almost killed the whole table. TR 4, with six runners, four of whom were highly experienced. It came down to one guy putting down the bad guy...and making him stay down. On the other hand, with five runners down, all the players were cheering on the last guy. With that kind of tension, it might have been one of my favorite moments as a GM.

The moral of the story: There are Missions in which the Table Rating is the most important decision you can make.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Fringe @ Jun 28 2010, 10:52 AM) *
I had a great time meeting all of you at Origins! Especially Engel, the latest member of The Conquistadors!

Of course, at my final table (Saturday afternoon), I almost killed the whole table. TR 4, with six runners, four of whom were highly experienced. It came down to one guy putting down the bad guy...and making him stay down. On the other hand, with five runners down, all the players were cheering on the last guy. With that kind of tension, it might have been one of my favorite moments as a GM.

The moral of the story: There are Missions in which the Table Rating is the most important decision you can make.

I would love to hear more of the details of this event. But perhaps over PM as to not spoiler those who will play this at home.

BlueMax
sgtbarnes_ky
yeah 'bout that...:)That was by far the best run I've been on this Mission Season, Thank Gawd for all those fine Ares products. I have never burned through all my Karma on a Mission run. It was fun though, again thank Gawd for AV rounds. That was almost a TPK, if I hadn't spent that last Edge we'd all be dead, man though it was fun. That Mission really makes you sweat, TR is really Important. Again though that was the best time I've had so far on a run yet, it was Awesome. Had a wonderful time at the Con, really great seeing everyone again and meeting a lot of really great players and seeing new faces at the tables. A special shoutout to BS, thanks fo the negotiate roll from HECK and the best payday on a Mission ever, hats off to you sir I owe you a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue for sure. I think Gencon will be awesome to and really looking forward to that. Tired of RATS though smile.gif
sgtbarnes_ky
Bull,

For that last mission there in NYC SMR03-12 ELEVATOR RIDE, are you gonna give out any loot for doing the affiliation side jobs, since the mission included them but no rewards for completing the side jobs, just wondering and yes being greedy smile.gif

P.S. you said to remind you later nyahnyah.gif
Bull
QUOTE (sgtbarnes_ky @ Jun 28 2010, 05:52 PM) *
yeah 'bout that...:)That was by far the best run I've been on this Mission Season, Thank Gawd for all those fine Ares products. I have never burned through all my Karma on a Mission run. It was fun though, again thank Gawd for AV rounds. That was almost a TPK, if I hadn't spent that last Edge we'd all be dead, man though it was fun. That Mission really makes you sweat, TR is really Important. Again though that was the best time I've had so far on a run yet, it was Awesome. Had a wonderful time at the Con, really great seeing everyone again and meeting a lot of really great players and seeing new faces at the tables. A special shoutout to BS, thanks fo the negotiate roll from HECK and the best payday on a Mission ever, hats off to you sir I owe you a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue for sure. I think Gencon will be awesome to and really looking forward to that. Tired of RATS though smile.gif

And this is why it's VERY important for the writer to make sure he puts a max payout in the negotiation section...

Which I forgot to do...

*sigh*

Glad you had fun. smile.gif And I'll see if I can get some payout rewards figured out, you greedy little SOB wink.gif

Bull
sgtbarnes_ky
I don't mind a non-capped rewards mision, Rounds cost Money, I'm poor now after that one run, with the guy and that thing and all the screaming and bleeding and the hurting...smile.gif Fun was had though loved every blood soaked minute of it. Again, I have ammo cost to worry about, so yeah the greed kicks in nowish nyahnyah.gif...rawk on to Gencon
sinthalix
I had a tremendous amount of fun both GMing and finally (after a decade + years) getting to play!

Fringe: glad to be a Conquistador...it definitely played a role in one of Bull's sessions.

sgtbarnes_ky: Yeah, that won't happen again with the Nuyen...I forgot the dice cap rule...however, I was glad you were there to take down the bad guy with Fringe.

Bull: please don't ever mention urine, feces, dwarfs, and smurfs in one session
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Bull @ Jun 28 2010, 07:46 PM) *
And this is why it's VERY important for the writer to make sure he puts a max payout in the negotiation section...

Which I forgot to do...

*sigh*

Glad you had fun. smile.gif And I'll see if I can get some payout rewards figured out, you greedy little SOB wink.gif

Bull

Hey, it's the season finale, an uncapped reward isn't entirely out of place.

Of course, I might be slightly biased being one of the recipients of that negotiate roll from HECK. smile.gif

and after weeks of waiting OH HEY LOOK MY ADAPSIN FINALLY ARRIVED RIGHT AFTER THIS PAYDAY.

wobble.gif

I was just glad i was able to shot the rotars off that helicopter at the end and spooge the bad guy on the roof, thanks for the levitate smile.gif Don't worry Engel not one of us is complainin' 'bout that payday...and noes worries 'bout killin' that one dude at that one place that shall not be mentioned again...ever. That makes use even for the humungus payday you gave us...nyahnyah.gif
LurkerOutThere
You guys need to stop spoiling as 95% of the missions audience hasn't gotten a crack at the mod.
Bull
Good point. Actually... I might start new threads for feedback on those...
Fringe
QUOTE (sinthalix @ Jun 28 2010, 07:37 PM) *
Fringe: glad to be a Conquistador...it definitely played a role in one of Bull's sessions.

I'd love to hear about how that came up.
sinthalix
QUOTE (Fringe @ Jun 29 2010, 08:03 AM) *
I'd love to hear about how that came up.

I'll have to PM you or tell you at GenCon...I was trying to avoid the whole spoiler problems!
nezumi
After action report please! Especially about Eclipse Phase smile.gif I'm eager to hear how things went!

(Thank you. Great pictures, Bull.)
BlueMax
QUOTE (nezumi @ Jun 29 2010, 05:04 PM) *
After action report please! Especially about Eclipse Phase smile.gif I'm eager to hear how things went!

(Thank you. Great pictures, Bull.)

I keep hearing about Eclipse Phase. Is that a setting for Missions?
/me points to the section name.

BlueMax
KarmaInferno
Eclipse Phase is a different RPG. Transhuman, horror-themed, in space.

I played a demo event there, was wonderfully creepy all throughout, especially when we figured out what was really going on and how screwed we were.

Lost of cinematic, heroic-yet-tragic death opportunities, as befits good horror games.

I am hoping they decide to do a full blown ongoing campaign.

QUOTE (BlueMax @ Jun 29 2010, 08:26 PM) *

BlueMax

Would you like me to post a brand new thread all on its own to beg for details? Would that <i>really</i> make you happy?
Mesh
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Jun 29 2010, 08:26 PM) *

BlueMax

Eclipse Phase

Mesh
Bengali
I wanted to say I had a great time at the two missions I ran in. Knight at the Opera and Copycat Killer. To the person trying to recruit me to his mage group, I need one more mission under my belt to be able to do so.

Bengali Ork Shaman of the Adversary
UmaroVI
I was there, had a great time, thanks for running all this stuff!
Nimbex
QUOTE (Bengali @ Jul 1 2010, 10:24 AM) *
I wanted to say I had a great time at the two missions I ran in. Knight at the Opera and Copycat Killer. To the person trying to recruit me to his mage group, I need one more mission under my belt to be able to do so.

Perhaps I'll see you at GenCon, then. (I'll be on the player side of things, playing in 3-11 Food Poisoning and 3-12 Elevator Ride to Hell.)

Or catch up via PM as needed.

5 Karma to get in, Arcana roll, blah blah blah. I should look over the group lifestyle stuff again and make sure I have it straight.
LurkerOutThere
Thanks Jeoff for running for running for me, thanks all the players for putting up with me as a GM. It was certainly a good time all around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012