Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jan 25 2011, 03:11 AM) *
@ Notso: what are you doing now? opening it up and accessing the memory via hardware?

Yep, that's the current plan. Logic 6 + Hardware 4 = 10d6.hits(5)=4

It's against the clock, so feel free to modify as necessary but do take into account the Juryrigger quality. This sort of off-the-wall hack job seems the perfect application for it. He will use bits from the other cheap links as necessary to bodge together a clean node with the memory from Viper5's 'link. None of the links used in this experiment will ever work again and will likely catch fire just as he extracts the relevant data.

You will likely still need a couple of matrix test's to see if Ferret gets the data off the node before it melts down.

Computer + Browse to find the contact information = 7d6.hits(5)=4 - holy moley.
Second roll =7d6.hits(5)=2 for 6 hits, enough for generally available info
Computer + System to transfer the data before the node melts down = 7d6.hits(5)=2 - actually should be 8d6.hits(5)=4 as system is rating 4 or 4d6.hits(5)=2 if just rolling system. Wow, Invisible castle is rolling hot this morning.

Red-ROM
@ Notso: roll another Hardware + logic to bypass the anti-tamper system
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jan 26 2011, 03:56 AM) *
@ Notso: roll another Hardware + logic to bypass the anti-tamper system

Should have seen that coming. It's probably filled with C4 or some nasty toxin.

Hardware 4 + Logic 6 = 10d6.hits(5)=2 - not sure I like just 2 successes given how paranoid these guys are.
Use a point of Edge: 2d6.hitsopen(5,6)=2 - that's better.
J. Packer
I've offered the guy a premium on the rifle, and the ammo:

Negotiation for automatic rifle (12d6.hits(5)=3)

Eh, I could have bought three successes. I had hoped for enough to at least convince him that that was enough of a profit margin...
pbangarth
You can always hope his negotiation skill is worse than yours.
J. Packer
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 26 2011, 09:30 AM) *
You can always hope his negotiation skill is worse than yours.

Yup. It's not like I can't afford it, but I feel like I could use the extra firepower, and don't want to be gouged too terribly for the privilege. smile.gif
Red-ROM
ganger negotiation:2,3,4,6] = (1)
pbangarth
Clever little girl, that Amber. Already lining up a new contact.
J. Packer
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 26 2011, 09:05 PM) *
Clever little girl, that Amber. Already lining up a new contact.

This ain't her first rodeo...
Sephiroth
Lately I've been looking through everyone's character bios and personality descriptions, and I've noticed that all of our PC's seem to be morally decent enough people who generally won't kill unnecessarily or harm innocent bystanders when there are other options available (with the possible but not certain exception of Oswald). Is this usually the case with SR PC's? I wouldn't know, since this is still the only game I've ever been involved in with people who aren't Shadowrun n00bs. I suppose I'm just a little surprised that I haven't run into any murderous combat monster street samurai or similar characters yet.
Red-ROM
wow, this forum is crazytown!
there are posts I haven't read on page two. I have never seen this place so busy.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Jan 27 2011, 09:00 PM) *
Lately I've been looking through everyone's character bios and personality descriptions, and I've noticed that all of our PC's seem to be morally decent enough people who generally won't kill unnecessarily or harm innocent bystanders when there are other options available (with the possible but not certain exception of Oswald). Is this usually the case with SR PC's? I wouldn't know, since this is still the only game I've ever been involved in with people who aren't Shadowrun n00bs. I suppose I'm just a little surprised that I haven't run into any murderous combat monster street samurai or similar characters yet.

I don't think it is common to get a whole team that works this way. It may be one of the things that binds us together, eventually. In the long run, with some street cred, it may stand us in good stead. There is also the payoff of insulating us from rabid reprisals from corps etc. for dead personnel.

Of course, then there is what we just did to the Vipers, but they asked for it.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jan 27 2011, 09:01 PM) *
wow, this forum is crazytown!
there are posts I haven't read on page two. I have never seen this place so busy.

This is a good thing!
J. Packer
Hey, NotSo, is that @team still just you guys, or did I just get called a bossy bint direct to my 'link? wink.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 28 2011, 04:01 PM) *
Hey, NotSo, is that @team still just you guys, or did I just get called a bossy bint direct to my 'link? wink.gif

Feel free to be offended! wink.gif
Ferret has AIPS, the matrix disorder, so he gets distracted easily when working with technology. So he might make the occasional error in the 'real world' like adding Amber's commcode to the @team list and then sending a message to everyone without realising it - just like all the Facebook horror stories you hear today.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 28 2011, 12:10 PM) *
Feel free to be offended! wink.gif
Ferret has AIPS, the matrix disorder, so he gets distracted easily when working with technology. So he might make the occasional error in the 'real world' like adding Amber's commcode to the @team list and then sending a message to everyone without realising it - just like all the Facebook horror stories you hear today.

Good enough, I just wanted to make sure you'd not mind if I reacted to it, and need to retcon later.
Sephiroth
Red-ROM is getting close to dying (not that it matters, with no GMs in reserve). I don't think this has happened in some time.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Jan 30 2011, 08:44 PM) *
Red-ROM is getting close to dying (not that it matters, with no GMs in reserve). I don't think this has happened in some time.

Er, I'm new here enough to wonder - what happens when a new GM takes over? They pick up where the other guy left off and try to come up with a successful conclusion to the mission?
pbangarth
That's about it. Scary.
Sephiroth
Yeah, I would assume so, but that sort of GM turnover hasn't happened so far, so I can't say for certain.
pbangarth
I think we're about ready to move on to BDLL's place, aren't we?
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 30 2011, 09:11 PM) *
I think we're about ready to move on to BDLL's place, aren't we?

sho nuff.
Sephiroth
Just about, yeah. Jovan still wants to get as much information out of Viper 5 as possible, and we still have the whole Vipers negotiation/talk/exchange-of-insults to go through, but after that we should be all set to go see him.
Saint Sithney
Someone please keep Oz from talking during the negotiations this time...
He's a demented old racist on speed. If you don't find a way to keep him shut up or occupied, he will cause trouble, potentially even with the Crush.
Red-ROM
hi guys. I've still got a day left. You guys seemed to be torn as to what to do next. I was kind of waiting to see what was going to be decided. I'll post tonight. Of course, if there's someone else that wants to drive this ship, I wouldn't mind getting a character on the player reserve list biggrin.gif
Notsoevildm
I think we're about ready to roll. Hopefully, we can get moving before Oswald screws up my good rep with the Crush. I'll see if I can distract the old coot by getting him back in his rigger cocoon.

Saint Sithney
Infiltration roll for fun!

5d6.hits(5) → [1,5,4,3,3] = (1)

Awwww yeah.
Acme
Oh wow, I was close there, sorry, had a busy week.
Red-ROM
PBan and I are both about to die!!
pbangarth
What????
Sephiroth
@Red-ROM-
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Feb 4 2011, 09:56 PM) *
Friday, Sept. 11, 2071, 9:00 PM, Oswald's Rover, Redmond

There was a sudden devious smile on the mercenary's face as he twisted his back and disappeared through the now open door. Jovan heard a grunt out of the man as he hit the pavement in convulsions and fell unconscious once more. Oswald was just coming into view of his rover, and witnessed the scene he had discussed on the commlink seconds earlier.

You did that just to avoid answering Jovan's questions, didn't you? nyahnyah.gif
Red-ROM
He has been working his way out the door for almost an hour. And I think he has answered plenty of questions. If you really wish, I'm sure Oswald can bring him back around and you can continue to magically toy with him into the forseeable future. I'm playing fair, but I don't want to make it easy on you. If I wanted to avoid your question completely, I would go for the cyanide in the tooth gag wink.gif
Sephiroth
Yeah, I figured that was what he was doing. Fair enough; it's just that I know you said that my questions aren't exactly making it easy to keep the timeline of events straight. That's what I meant. nyahnyah.gif
Red-ROM
the timeline isn't too big a deal, it's keeping it interesting that I'm worried about.
Red-ROM
@ Acme: did you already roll a healing check?
Saint Sithney
Hey ROM, how many IDs were on that guy's contact list, and do I have to call them to start the trace?

I've already got the Rover's ID spoofed over to mimic the ID of the Viper's car. Maybe they'll take my call?
Red-ROM
@ saint: there were only 6 ID's that Ferret obtained, and I'm away from my books at this exact second, but I think there has to be a connection to run a trace.
Acme
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Feb 5 2011, 04:22 PM) *
@ Acme: did you already roll a healing check?

Yeah, I did it at the beginning of the hour, I got three hits so he'll be down to about the -2 dice territory (4 total stun) at 9:05, which I see we've passed now. If we actually make it to 10:05 I'll roll a second one.

Edit: Acme will help with astral watch, I do not know whether or not you will consider that an end to his rest.
Saint Sithney
Shouldn't 4 stun be -1 die? It's -1 for every 3 boxes, right?

Anyway, healing check on Jovan

log 8 +4 skill +3 NANs +3 kit -2 awakened -1 indoors (in the car) = 15d6.hits(5) → [2,2,5,2,3,3,1,1,2,5,6,5,5,4,5] = (6) So that's the max of 4 boxes healed. Shouldn't take too long to apply. Still have time to make some calls and run a trace or two.
Sephiroth
That is correct. 4 stun is only a -1 die modifier.

Acme, do you want to try rushing the job on your healing test? It'd increase your chances of glitching somewhat by making 1's and 2's count for it, but you'd be able to make another healing test only 6 minutes from now IC. In addition, I found something that might help you further on page 252 of SR4A - a glitch on a healing test doubles the required resting time. If you rush the job on your healing test, and get a glitch, it'll still take you an hour of rest to heal; so you'll be no worse for wear if you rush and glitch than if you wait the normal amount of time. And if you don't glitch, then Acme will be almost as good as new without having to wait an extra half hour. smile.gif Seems to me like a win/neither-win-nor-lose scenario for you.
Acme
Huh. You know what, for some reason in 4th Edition, I have ALWAYS misinterpreted that rule. I always thought that it was once you get one box into a level, you're down that many dice, IE that 1 box was still -1, 4 was -2, etc. Maybe that got clarified for 4A. Hmm, well I guess that means I've been way too conservative for a couple years.

Well it still will wait on whether his current activity counts as breaking his rest or not. If it does, then maybe GM fiat will still allow for a 1/2 hour rush roll. *Goo goo eyes*
Notsoevildm
Time seems to have gone a bit funny. Oswald is still at 9 PM checking the links while the rest of us are at 9:29 PM.

I put up a post at 9:30, but would like to help Oswald trace the links at 9, even if only with some Trace rolls.

Sephiroth
If Amber dies this early in, it will be extremely disappointing.
Red-ROM
@notso: in regards to rushing you rest time, it doesn't make sense, and the description states that "the character must rest for the entire hour for it to count" so I'm gonna say no. also your current activity is more than "resting"

sorry

@ saint: ok, you heal Jovan for 4 boxes. it takes 12 seconds or so.
Red-ROM
@ JPacker: you got one day left!
Red-ROM
ok, I PMed J PAcker. IF he doesn't post by this evening, Amber is toast. I was waiting for Amber to respond to Oswald, and mrs. J.
Notsoevildm
Here's hoping JP gets a post in on time. Ferret definitely doesn't want to deal with another spirit popping up in his van to gank Amber.
Sephiroth
I concur. And I don't want to have Jovan's paranoia kick into high gear, again, because interpreting a single event five different ways as the act of a conspiracy trying to kill us is mentally exhausting.
pbangarth
Good hook for JP, NotSo. Easy to give some guidance for the car.
Red-ROM
ok It's done, Sorry JP. feel free to get another character in the mix.

I know I kind of glossed over this due to amber not responding to Oz's proposition, but the Id's Ferret got were no longer in service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012