Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Sephiroth
I sent the three of them out to search the safe house and figure out whether there were signs of any metahumans or w/e besides us in the building.
Red-ROM
right, They'll report back soon I promise smile.gif
Warlordtheft
Just to see if I've heard of this Ferret character, ( wink.gif--Make sure he isn't KE) before and his relation to the Crush (Throgg knows him-but I might have met or heard Throgg talk about him before).

Rolling my Seattle Gangs Knowledge:
(4 for skill, 4 for attribute=8 dice)
[5,4,5,1,6,5,2,3]=4 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2903570/
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Feb 22 2011, 05:34 AM) *
Just to see if I've heard of this Ferret character, ( wink.gif--Make sure he isn't KE) before and his relation to the Crush (Throgg knows him-but I might have met or heard Throgg talk about him before).

Rolling my Seattle Gangs Knowledge:
(4 for skill, 4 for attribute=8 dice)
[5,4,5,1,6,5,2,3]=4 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2903570/

4 hits:
Ferret is a dwarf that lives out of a bulldog van in the Barrens. He moves around but usually sticks to tourist town and Crush territory.
He is good with electronics. He fixes up broken gear for the Crush and in return they leave him alone.
Ferret used to run drugs for a fixer called Beetle, mainly to the Russians (Vory). Throgg has acted as muscle on a few these runs.
Lately Ferret has been trying to get back into the shadow scene. He is supposedly a hacker.

Seth
Hello people may I introduce you to Jade Tiger. A repo woman and collector of debts for the Yakuza. Red rom asked me to post. I have no idea if I am joining or a reservist. This is a very long thread: can someone suggest where I should start reading to get a grasp of what's going on?

[ Spoiler ]

Void's questions. I thought they were good so I copied and answered them. If the answers are confusing and disjointed...well thats OK. Jade is 18 and has contradictory views on lots of things. As she matures, many of these things will become simpler and clearer
[ Spoiler ]
Glyph
Here is another addition to the reserve list, a creepy, cold-eyed underworld enforcer named Void:

[ Spoiler ]
pbangarth
Hmmm... I see a trend in the new blood.
Red-ROM
@ Glyph and Seth: I've added your characters to the reserve list! Thanks. I'll PM you If someone dies to see if you're still interested.
Red-ROM
I'm slowly adding links to story Highlights in the second OOC post under the posting guidelines, to help newcomers
Warlordtheft
@Red-Rom:I am assuming with a low lifestyle I have at least a rating on or 2 respirator on me.

Also, I am taking a knowlledge gang roll to determine the best route to the safe house that avoids other gangs.
Skill (4)+ Intuition (4)
8d6 → [3,6,6,2,6,2,5,1] = 4 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906345/

Also if needed My pilot ground craft roll to get there
Skill (1) + reaction (5) + handling or Harley (2),

8d6 → [5,5,2,4,2,5,3,6] = 4 hits for any fancy driving needed

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906354/
Seth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Feb 24 2011, 04:40 PM) *
I'm slowly adding links to story Highlights in the second OOC post under the posting guidelines, to help newcomers

Thanks
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Feb 23 2011, 08:14 PM) *
@Red-Rom:I am assuming with a low lifestyle I have at least a rating on or 2 respirator on me.

Also, I am taking a knowlledge gang roll to determine the best route to the safe house that avoids other gangs.
Skill (4)+ Intuition (4)
8d6 → [3,6,6,2,6,2,5,1] = 4 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906345/

Zo would have probably heard by now that two glow city gangs have been hit and nearly wiped out. The Stilettos had 20 or so of their number gunned down by the Vipers mercenary outfit, and an F-string gang, the Block Cutters, lost four guys and a car in a short shoot-out.
Red-ROM
@Pban: one day left

@ Sephiroth: Todays the last day
Red-ROM
So, as it may or may not be apparent, The site we're heading to has a functioning, old school, matrix system. The reason I'm pointing this out ahead of time, is because I've been debating with myself on how to handle it mechanically. I imagine it's six years out of date, and on completely different hardware and operating systems. So how should we handle it? The simplest solution is a +/- to matrix actions, and obviously no wireless.Would programs work? or would they need to be patched? I also have to figure out rigging that is handled on the old VCR's. I thought it would take making some kind of emulator to mimic the old protocols, but that seems like it would take forever. I hate to tip my hand before the action, but I thought I would get your input before I came up with something that seemed unreasonable.
Saint Sithney
Hacking is all about injecting code in to make a computer do a thing it wasn't allowed or designed to use. I'd just default all computer/software stuff to hacking.

Here's the vehicle mod, Obsolete, from This Old Drone:
Obsolete: The vehicle uses a very old version of
control software (or maybe even none at all), render-
ing it incompatible with current remote control rigs
and AR technology. It may be considered a traffi c
hazard or be illegal to operate in certain jurisdictions.
The vehicle does not possess the Rigger Adaptation
Trait as standard. The vehicle’s device rating (p.
222, SR4A) is three less than a comparable modern
device’s would be (to a minimum of 1), e.g., An M1A2
tank would have a device rating of 2, rather than the
normal rating of 5 for military equipment.

Seems, full incompatibility is an issue there.
Red-ROM
@ Saint: where is that mod from??
Sephiroth
@ROM: This Old Drone is an e-book that came out relatively recently. It's basically a Digital Grimoire that converts the rules fr several earlier-edition vehicles and drones to 4A rules.
Red-ROM
oooohh, I'll have to get that.
Notsoevildm
Only way in is through a terminal (equivalent to to AR mode) or jack in using a datajack. Ferret does have a jack. He also is familiar with old tech (being pre-wireless world).

I would go with Saint's suggestion that we will need to rely a lot more hacking to get it to do anything. Might need to code something on the fly (or find it online) just to be able to interface with the old system. I also guess a penalty to dice pool would be fair if we don't have that sort of stuff.

Intuition 4 + Security design (Matrix) 3 to recognise the operating / security system = 7d6.hits(5)=2
Hacking 4 + Exploit 3 to come up with a working interface program = 7d6.hits(5)=3

Saint Sithney
It's a pretty ridiculous book...

A VTOL drone with 6 body for 8500 yen
A regular Bod 4 large drone with a reinforced weapon mount and a regular mount for 12000 yen
A Bod 4 Medium drone with a reinforced turret mount (rules-wise exactly the same as a HEAVY TURRET, which requires a bod of 16 to install) for 8500 yen.

It's amazing how the old retired drone designs are 100% better than any of the new ones ohplease.gif
Acme
Hey guys, I'm still here, honestly! Uhm, Acme isnt' dead yet, is he?
Red-ROM
@ Acme: not yet, but even with the latest post, you have one day left!
Warlordtheft

Just a base perception check when examining the party.
12d6 → [6,5,4,2,2,2,1,2,4,3,4,3] = 2 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2912715/

At least I'll recognize the elf is a little beat up. rotfl.gif

Notsoevildm
Ferret is small for a dwarf, barely scraping in at 4 feet tall. He is also lean and wiry rather than broad and stocky. A large, sharp nose, slightly buck teeth and a weak chin match his handle. His tangled mop of brown hair is about shoulder length, concealing his dark brown eyes. His skin is pale skin and his complexion is poor. He's got street scruffy down pat, wearing jogging pants, a dirty t-shirt and sneakers. A hoodie covers an armor vest and the only item of interest is a flash machine pistol tucked into his pants.

Saint Sithney
Oswald is a hunched man with a shock of white hair framing his head from ear to ear across the back, with a small tuft up the middle. Over his eyes sit a massive pair of electronic goggles and over his ears are the full cans of ear-enveloping headphones, so that all you can see of his face is his scowl. On his body is a pair of black slacks and a white coat, stained with both obvious and unknown fluids and covered with buckles and zippered pouches. On his hands are blue nitrile gloves and they hold a pistol of unknown design.
Acme
Acme is a lightly built elf, about 6'3" and 180 lbs. He is most obviously AmerInd, with long black hair down to his lower back, dark skin and sharp cheekbones. He usually wears a strange conglomeration that he calls "AmerInd goes grunge", that of AmerInd-style buckskins (leggings, boot moccasins, shirt and breechcloth), with a off-white t-shirt on and a red and black flannel shirt tied around his waist like that of a 1990s grunge rocker. This is completed with a grey bandanna tied around his head in a headband, a black lined coat in the style of a duster festooned with fetishes and buttons. His brown sometimes look like a coyote's eyes even when he's not spellcasting.
Red-ROM
Rusty is an older man, about 5'8". White, but his skin is dirty, making it seem much darker. his eyes are brown and almost lost under his shaggy grey hair, that still clings to the red it used to be. He's dressed in grubby work slacks and boots, and currently sports a thick poncho.

Red-Rom is an unseen yet oppressive force that can be felt in everything around you. You may not be consciously aware, but, like the Grimm Reaper, he is patiently waiting for your time to run out. devil.gif
Red-ROM
I'm kind off waiting for you guys to sort out your plan and make a move, let me know if you need something from me
Warlordtheft
You got a map of the place we could download or view?

Hey, we got sort of the plan:

Sneak to the terminal and hack it.
Get someone to astrally recon the place
Find the goods and Daddy Long Legs
???
Profit.

grinbig.gif

Sephiroth
@ROM: Indeed. If I need you, I will summon a Force 6 or 7 spirit so that you can help us plot.

@pbangarth: *coughcoughcough*
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Feb 18 2011, 05:35 PM) *
Friday, Sept. 11, 2071, 9:32 PM, Rusty's Safe House, Redmond

The team would have to roll with the punches and adjust to their lack of fighting capability, and that meant making sure that they did not fall into a situation where high combat ability was needed. That meant something that the nosferatu side of his personality found enormously appealing, more appealing even than hunting prey: outthinking and outplotting all potential threats to the group, including the 12 Vipers.

<<@Professor: I will need to speak to you in private soon, regarding how we proceed henceforth.>>

Not to be impatient or anything, it just seems like everyone's kinda skipping over doing an all-out planning session.
Warlordtheft
@Red-RomFYI---Just to let you know my link is in hidden mode, and so is the disposable comm link (signal 1). My main link connects to the smartgun systems and my glasses and has a signal of 0.

@Sephiroth:Isn't that what were doin? Sorry I think Zo distracted the Prof.

Revised Plan--forgot a step:

Sneak to the terminal and hack it.
Get someone to astrally recon the place
????
Grab the goods and Daddy Long Legs
????
Profit.

As you can see we still have "some" holes in it. silly.gif
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 1 2011, 12:52 PM) *
Friday, Sept. 11, 2071, 10:00 PM, Rusty's Safe House, Redmond

Finished with the merc, Oswald shut the door, walked over to where the others were gathered, and re-engaged the vehicle's anti-theft system.
<<@team: I could stay with Ferret, but you'll probably need someone handy with a screwdriver at the destination. Maybe Acme could whip up a spirit to watch over him?>>

"By the way, the Rover's security is turned on, and the warning is turned off. I generally despise warnings. They ruin the surprise."

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 1 2011, 08:49 PM) *

"OK, give me a few minutes with Jovan, and I think we will have some of the finer details worked out." Professor walks over to Oswald's vehicle, knocks on the door, and enters. He barely glances at the unconscious Viper.

"So," he says to Jovan, "what do you see in the maps?"

I take it we'll be glossing over the hilarity where Professor sucks down a 10S(e) charge...
pbangarth
Posted a gloss that covers my foolishness.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Mar 2 2011, 07:44 PM) *

Speak to the vermin, and not kill them....yeah, frag that....

So ye think he is in an out lying condo.

Warlordtheft, you can't hear any of what Jovan is saying. He's inside the Rover AWAY from everybody else, and for fairly good reason (since everyone would probably try to kill him if he wasn't).
Red-ROM
It's true, Jovan and Professor are now in Oswald's Rover. Jovan is very strict about not letting anyone but the Professor see him, although Oswald has, I think. and the now deceased -ish Thirty. You could make a listening check with some penalties, but I doubt you would respond openly about what you heard, even if you did.Things can get confusing, so please read carefully and ask for clarification out of character.

edit:
@ Warlord: I don't have any maps made up. I lack free time and the tech savvy to get maps up. I'll try to cobble something together when we get into the thick of it. like serious combat or something. Anyone got any suggestions on map making? I used to use paint shop pro, but mine stopped working, and I haven't gotten it fixed. I think they got bought by Corell draw, and sent a virus to destroy the old software.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Mar 2 2011, 07:27 PM) *
Warlordtheft, you can't hear any of what Jovan is saying. He's inside the Rover AWAY from everybody else, and for fairly good reason (since everyone would probably try to kill him if he wasn't).

frown.gif Ooops...fixed that.....ignore it. Nothing to see-here. Sorry about that--I took the light blue to mean you were talking to the group. This is my first try at a PBP game, so how many mulligans do I get?

@Red-Rom: From my GM experience, I've actually found power-point to be a pretty god map maker. It may not be fancy looking but it is easy to make maps of a building or area to get better situational awareness for all involved. You can do your work there and then make it a PDF or JPEG.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Mar 2 2011, 05:14 PM) *
It's true, Jovan and Professor are now in Oswald's Rover. Jovan is very strict about not letting anyone but the Professor see him, although Oswald has, I think. and the now deceased -ish Thirty. You could make a listening check with some penalties, but I doubt you would respond openly about what you heard, even if you did.Things can get confusing, so please read carefully and ask for clarification out of character.

edit:
@ Warlord: I don't have any maps made up. I lack free time and the tech savvy to get maps up. I'll try to cobble something together when we get into the thick of it. like serious combat or something. Anyone got any suggestions on map making? I used to use paint shop pro, but mine stopped working, and I haven't gotten it fixed. I think they got bought by Corell draw, and sent a virus to destroy the old software.

Oz did First Aid on Jovan in the Crusher's turf. wink.gif

I usually use paint.net
pbangarth
I'm in the process of moving from one house to another. Internet access may be spotty for a couple of days. Please don't kill Professor!
Saint Sithney
I'll go ahead and assume that the blimp made it over in the intervening half an hour between arriving at Rusty's and Zo showing. Figure I should do some heavy sweeps of the area with the blimp's radar, and see if there are any road obstructions or moving objects on the ground.

Here goes one from the center. Sensor 6 +2 skill +3 attn coprocessor = 11d6.hits(5) → [2,6,5,4,5,3,2,5,4,5,4] = (5)
Then one from each cardinal direction surrounding the site to minimize interference from the buildings.
11d6.hits(5) → [3,4,2,3,1,2,5,2,2,1,5] = (2)
11d6.hits(5) → [6,4,5,6,3,5,2,4,5,1,3] = (5)
11d6.hits(5) → [5,6,5,3,6,1,3,4,6,4,6] = (6)
11d6.hits(5) → [3,6,4,1,1,2,1,6,2,1,6] = (3)

Let's make a 3d model!
Edit 3 +4 skill +2 hotsim +3 NANs = 12d6.hits(5) → [1,6,5,5,4,4,5,3,5,1,5,1] = (6)
That's a good map!
Red-ROM
There is little in the way of movemet, most of it to the south and west. Heading north(towards the gas station) There are many roads blocked by debris or disabled vehicles, but they are all blocking access from the west and east. There seems to be a clear shot from Rusty's to the gas station.
Red-ROM
@ Saint: thanks for the link, It works great!

here's a rough map to get things rolling: Blimps overveiw
purple highlights Rusty's and the gas station
Red-ROM
@ Pban: I see you just posted, I imagine the Professor will be all right. Hope everything goes well. We're just getting to the thick of it!
pbangarth
Yeah, the internet is fine at my new home.
Sephiroth
@Red-ROM: *obligatory letting you know that I need you* In case you missed it in that massive chunk of text, Jovan is looking to see if the GLL can provide him with a picture of Jonathan's face. Then he will be sending two or three of his spirits out at the same time, one to Search for the ghoul and find out whether he's anywhere near where we're headed and the other two to scout out the road ahead of the group.
Notsoevildm
Reprogram crappy commlink's emergency call feature:
Computer 4 + Exploit/Edit 3 = 7d6.hits(5)=0, 7d6.hits(5)=2. So it takes him a couple of tries.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Mar 4 2011, 01:29 AM) *
@Red-ROM: *obligatory letting you know that I need you* In case you missed it in that massive chunk of text, Jovan is looking to see if the GLL can provide him with a picture of Jonathan's face. Then he will be sending two or three of his spirits out at the same time, one to Search for the ghoul and find out whether he's anywhere near where we're headed and the other two to scout out the road ahead of the group.

I caught it, they just haven't replied to your text yet. I'll roll some search rolls as soon as you post about sending the spirits out.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Mar 4 2011, 10:25 PM) *
I caught it, they just haven't replied to your text yet. I'll roll some search rolls as soon as you post about sending the spirits out.

So am I supposed to wait on you for the ghouls' response, or are you waiting on me for a post of sending out the watchers?
Acme
5d6.hits(5) → [4,3,5,5,2] = (2)

6d6.hits(5) → [6,1,6,4,4,5] = (3)

There's the rolls for the watcher. Not great, but I think I need to start getting better online dice.
Red-ROM
@ Seph: Your contact is busy and is not responding to your text at the moment. You can do with that what you wish.
Warlordtheft
Zo is moving up, as sneaky as a ganger probably can to the Gas station. Ever forget a skill on your character? smile.gif

4d6.hits(5) → [4,6,6,4] = (2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2920731/
(Skill I don't need a skill!--wait till I glitch---5 agility-1 for defaulting)

His perception roll for spotting things as he advances towards the gas station.

Zo's roll for perception:
12d6.hits(5) → [2,5,6,5,6,6,5,4,2,2,1,2] = (6)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2920735/
4 from attribute, 6 from skill 2 from perceptive quality
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012