Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Saint Sithney
Similar rolls for Oz
Agl 3 +2 skill +2 spec urban = 7d6.hits(5) → [5,2,3,2,5,1,5] = (3)

Int 5 +2 skill +3 attn coprocessor +3 vis enh -2 night blindness -2 partial light +3 actively looking = 12d6.hits(5) → [4,6,1,6,1,4,1,3,4,1,2,6] = (3)

Listening test: 16d6.hits(5) → [6,3,2,2,4,3,6,3,6,2,6,1,1,6,4,4] = (5)
Sephiroth
Summoning a Force 7 Air Elemental, with optional powers Psychokinesis and Fear (this is going to be very close, but BRING IT ON):

Magic 7 + Conjuring 2 + Power Focus 4 = 13d6 = 6 hits

Using Edge to reroll all failures, because Jovan would prefer to only have to resist massive amounts of summoning drain once or twice tonight:
7d6 = 2 hits, , and thankfully not a glitch.

And now, the spirit's opposed roll: Force 7 X 2 = 14d6 = 5 hits

So I get 3 services. Hopefully those will last a good length of time into the rest of the night IC.

Drain roll to resist 10 drain dead.gif :
Willpower 3 + Logic 6 = 9d6 = 1 hit

...Well, all right then.
pbangarth
Ouch.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Mar 5 2011, 06:54 PM) *
Summoning a Force 7 Air Elemental, with optional powers Psychokinesis and Fear (this is going to be very close, but BRING IT ON):

Magic 7 + Conjuring 2 + Power Focus 4 = 13d6 = 6 hits

Using Edge to reroll all failures, because Jovan would prefer to only have to resist massive amounts of summoning drain once or twice tonight:
7d6 = 2 hits, , and thankfully not a glitch.

And now, the spirit's opposed roll: Force 7 X 2 = 14d6 = 5 hits

So I get 3 services. Hopefully those will last a good length of time into the rest of the night IC.

Drain roll to resist 10 drain dead.gif :
Willpower 3 + Logic 6 = 9d6 = 1 hit

...Well, all right then.

YIKES! so, your magic is still temporarily 7 right? we're talking 9S?
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Mar 5 2011, 11:25 PM) *
YIKES! so, your magic is still temporarily 7 right? we're talking 9S?

Those are both correct, the Essence Drain boost lasts for 12 hours, so it will fade sometime between 7-9 in the morning (I forget when exactly I did it). Jovan is quite literally teetering on the edge of consciousness.
Red-ROM
I was gonna move the story to the Gas station, but I'm gonna give Oz a chance to respond to Jovan
Sephiroth
@Red-ROM- by the way, do you let Essence Drain boosts stack? I'm not thinking of stacking boosts on the same attribute, don't worry, I'm just wondering if you'd allow multiple boosts to be spread out over more than one attribute. Clearly, having a boosted Magic doesn't do Jovan much good when his Willpower is still a paltry 3. indifferent.gif
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Mar 5 2011, 11:20 PM) *
@Red-ROM- by the way, do you let Essence Drain boosts stack? I'm not thinking of stacking boosts on the same attribute, don't worry, I'm just wondering if you'd allow multiple boosts to be spread out over more than one attribute. Clearly, having a boosted Magic doesn't do Jovan much good when his Willpower is still a paltry 3. indifferent.gif

I'm afraid it specifically states in the description that you can't. I understand your predicament, but that could lead to all kinds of issues, like why limit other equal sounding powers or gear(or not so equal for that matter).
Sephiroth
That's fine, I understand.
Saint Sithney
It's only force x2 for binding. Unbound spirits resist with force, (or maybe force + edge.)

So unless ROM thinks it should use edge, the spirit should have only scored 3 hits and Jovan should have taken 5S

Anyway, here's a med roll.
Command 6 +4 skill +4 kit +2 hotsim +2 codeslinger = 18d6.hits(5) → [1,3,5,1,1,6,4,6,2,6,6,2,4,5,1,2,3,2] = (6)
So that's the max 4 boxes healed.
Notsoevildm
Sneak roll:
Agility 5 + Infiltration 4 = 9d6.hits(5)=3

Perception test:
Intuition 4 + Perception 4 - AIPS 1 = 7d6.hits(5)=3

Setting up a GPS tracking program:
Logic 6 + Computer 4 = 10d6.hits(5)=5
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 6 2011, 04:10 AM) *
It's only force x2 for binding. Unbound spirits resist with force, (or maybe force + edge.)

So unless ROM thinks it should use edge, the spirit should have only scored 3 hits and Jovan should have taken 5S

Command 6 +4 skill +4 kit +2 hotsim +2 codeslinger = 18d6.hits(5) → [1,3,5,1,1,6,4,6,2,6,6,2,4,5,1,2,3,2] = (6)

I re-read p.188 in SR4, and unless there's an errata I'm missing, drain DV is equal to twice the hits (not net hits) scored by the spirit.

edit: ahh, I now see what you mean, it should have rolled force to resist, not force x 2. you are right
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 6 2011, 05:10 AM) *

Ahh, my bad. Thank you for catching that. smile.gif
Red-ROM
Basic layout of Gas station
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Mar 6 2011, 11:53 AM) *
Ahh, my bad. Thank you for catching that. smile.gif

I've screwed that one in game more than once.
Warlordtheft
Red-ROm- Is the side that we are approaching from the one with no windows? I plan to sneak inside--(yeah default of 4)but before doing so will move up as stelthily as possible to the broken front bay window and peak inside. My approach depends upon the direction we are comming from.

Red-ROM
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Mar 7 2011, 01:02 PM) *
Red-ROm- Is the side that we are approaching from the one with no windows? I plan to sneak inside--(yeah default of 4)but before doing so will move up as stelthily as possible to the broken front bay window and peak inside. My approach depends upon the direction we are comming from.

The map is oriented with the North at the top. The team is coming from the south. the blue door is the missing one
Red-ROM
@ all: conditions= low light outside, and darker inside, anyone using a light source, or are we relying on vision enhancements? This also helps me to accurately describe the scene too.
Saint Sithney
Oz would have brought a light from the Rover, but wouldn't be using it unless he needed to see more than basic shapes.

Here's a perception roll for the blimp.
Sensor 6 +2 skill +3 attn copro +3 actively looking = 14d6.hits(5) → [4,1,6,4,5,4,5,2,6,2,4,5,4,4] = (5)
pbangarth
Professor has thermal vision and astral awareness.
Notsoevildm
Ferret is relying on natural dwarven vision (normal + thermographic). His only vision enhancement if flare compensation! I always forget to pick up goggles / earbuds with the video and audio enhancements that are available in SR4.
Red-ROM
@ Acme and Seph: you both are an your last day
Warlordtheft
For Zo: Low-light, thermal, vision mag 3 on self. I have an Ultrasound sight enhancement with smartgun on the AK97
Notsoevildm
Searching for traps:
Intuition 4 + Perception 4 - AIPS 1 = 7d6.hits(5)=1

Sephiroth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Mar 8 2011, 07:16 AM) *
@ Acme and Seph: you both are an your last day

Gotcha. Will post this evening when I have more free time.
Warlordtheft
Zo's perception roll for the gas station. Let me know if my mag 3 vision mod or ultrasound give me abonus.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2925105/
12d6 → [5,3,4,3,2,4,5,1,5,1,6,2] = (4 hits)
pbangarth
Professor will concentrate on the astral view.

Perception in the astral: 9 dice ==> 2 HITS
Acme
Well I guess there's two people on the Astral as that's what Acme just did, and he's relying on his natural low-light vision.

8d6.hits(5) → [1,6,1,2,6,6,2,1] = (3)

About bloody time i get a decent shake on the dice.
Red-ROM
Hmm, maybe I should start doing a summary of whats happening out of character. Acme, you reacted to ghouls that only Oswald had spotted half a mile to the East, and he had decided not to mention to the group yet. He was nice enough to mention them in his latest post, but we're having a problem with characters responding to things they are unaware of.
So let's try to sum up here. Oswald is sitting in VR against the southern wall. Zo is standing by the window of the southern wall, looking in the broken window(southern most room). Ferret is checking the door of the same room.I'm a little less certain with Professor, but I'm picturing him near Zo and Oz. Acme said he was hanging back and taking the long veiw, I'd guess a little south of the gas station? enough to see up the road a little? Jovan is at rusty's place in the rover with Viper 5 hog tied on the floor. the ghouls are a street over, heading north. there's two of jovan's spirits circling back to the group, and one looking for Johnathan. Acme has a watcher looking over Thirty to see if his situation worsens, The Tower has moved east to scan the ghouls with various scanners. Am I missing anything?
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Mar 9 2011, 12:30 PM) *
Ferret is checking the door of the same room.

Corrrect
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Mar 9 2011, 03:30 AM) *
Acme has a watcher looking over Thirty to see if his situation worsens, The Tower has moved east to scan the ghouls with various scanners. Am I missing anything?

For one, as far as Acme knows, Thirty is still hooked up to machines being monitored by remote, just as he has been for the better part of two hours. Also, sending a watcher into the Rover would piss Jovan off to the point of frothing anger, and Jovan being dual-natured, he would spot it instantly.
Acme
Ok I apologize for the ghoul thing, I didn't mean to meta or anything, just trying to be useful. As far as the watcher he was ASKED to do so in order for them to leave Thirty where he was.
Saint Sithney
Heh, well, whoever thought to send a watcher for Thirty, it was not the best idea. With two dice to Assense, it can let us know when he is dead or if somebody moves him. That's... about it.

In the mean time, the car he's in has 10 hardened armor and a security system that'll shock the hell out of anyone who messes with it. Only thing I could see happening is Jovan using him for a snack after Viper 5 is drained dry.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 9 2011, 11:15 PM) *
In the mean time, the car he's in has 10 hardened armor and a security system that'll shock the hell out of anyone who messes with it. Only thing I could see happening is Jovan using him for a snack after Viper 5 is drained dry.

Nom nom nom.
Red-ROM
ok, the team at the gas station hears an explosion in the distance, roughly north-west. Jovan gets the update from his spirit.
Acme
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 9 2011, 07:15 PM) *
Heh, well, whoever thought to send a watcher for Thirty, it was not the best idea. With two dice to Assense, it can let us know when he is dead or if somebody moves him. That's... about it.

You know what, I understand getting yelled at by ROM for mistaking metagaming for being proactive, but I'm really not liking this getting yelled at by other players.
Saint Sithney
No anger or anything. I'm generally not an angry guy, so I hope you're not interpreting it that way. I'm sorry if I upset you with the old story corrections, that's really not the effect I'm looking for. I'm just trying to try and keep coherence here for the benefit of the story and characters. If my anal-retentive bullshit bothers you, feel free to ignore it. I.. don't think anyone is mad at you or anything..
Acme
Hmm. Ok, it looks like the original suggestion, by Oz no less, was for Ferret not Thirty so I apologize for my annoyance. I'll edit but to be honest I'm struggling to keep up. I don't know if it's because I'm often loathe to even come onto DS anymore, I really do want to keep up with the game, but sometimes I flounder and that's where my misconceptions seem to come from.
Red-ROM
For the record, I think we have all made mistakes on here, and have been corrected by the group, including me. Some corrections have been debated for a few pages. I don't mean for it to sound like a personal attack. I'm just trying to keep everything straight, which is what the OOC thread is for. When conveying a message in writing, you can lose the tone of the remark, and the attitude of the poster can be easily misinterpreted. I find it helps to use emoticons wavey.gif
Saint Sithney
And if I'm terse right now, it's because I've been writing three separate research papers all due on the same day.
All that concise, formalized style is shitting up my brain.
Warlordtheft
And you aren't the first person to misinterpret something.....I just edited my post before anyone responded--Acme this not that big deal--I'm finding just like an in person game, sometimes things get misinterpreted.

@Red-Rom: wavey.gif
Sephiroth
Acme, I'm writing under the assumption that you still want that watcher hanging out in the Rover. If you've changed your mind about that, changing my post will not be a problem.
Acme
Yeah, the watcher should be going overwatch on Ferret like Oz wanted. Ugh.. I wish DS didn't piss me off so... *Rubs temples* Then I'd be here more often and actually not screw up, hehe.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Mar 11 2011, 10:14 PM) *
Friday, Sept. 11, 2071, 10:36 PM, Rusty's Safehouse, Redmond

The dog is coming for me! I must flee! Help me!
The panic is palpable from the spirit. Jovan can sense it tearing through the astral plane in fear.

This just broke me up. Thank you. It's been a hard day.
Warlordtheft
15 dice total, 12 from attributes, skills and quality, and the +3 bonus for actively looking.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2931195/

15d6.hits(5) → [4,6,4,4,2,6,4,2,1,1,6,2,1,4,4] = (3) (sarcastic.gif--three successes on 15 dice!!)

If you had any other modifiers I'll gladly reroll.

Red-ROM
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Mar 12 2011, 10:37 AM) *
15 dice total, 12 from attributes, skills and quality, and the +3 bonus for actively looking.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2931195/

15d6.hits(5) → [4,6,4,4,2,6,4,2,1,1,6,2,1,4,4] = (3) (sarcastic.gif--three successes on 15 dice!!)

If you had any other modifiers I'll gladly reroll.

I just subtract any modifiers from the dice rolled, starting from right to left.(I bet you would gladly reroll nyahnyah.gif )
Warlordtheft
Gee a -4 and I'd still have only 3 successes---YEAH ME! grinbig.gif
Red-ROM
I'm kind of hoping Notso posts soon. He has plenty of time, but He's also kind of key to the action right now.
Sephiroth
@Red-ROM- Just as a small aside, I summoned a Force 7 spirit partly to help me get a nosferatu-y plan of nosferatu mastermindedness worked out, spot things that I may have missed but Jovan would likely have caught, and so on, but I haven't had the time lately to sit down and think over everything that's happened and how to prepare for the most likely opponents behind it and events ahead of us. I'd like to start doing that sometime this weekend, if time (hopefully) allows it.
Notsoevildm
Away from pc this weekend. Will post tomorrow latest
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012