Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
HugeC
I think the discovery of a nasty mutilated corpse calls for a composure roll.

Charisma 4 + Willpower 4 + Kinesics 3 = 2 hits

I assume here that Kinesics applies, since it's about controlling your body language and facial expressions and such. Without it, I got zero hits! Red, can you let me know whether or not it should, and then I'll post accordingly.
Notsoevildm
Inside Ferret's head:

Programs running: Stealth, Analyze, Track

Loading up Command (to control Biker's commlink) and Edit (to edit the audio). Man, I need to upgrade my system and get / write some ergonomic programs so I don't need to keep juggling them in and out all the time.

Computer (4) + Edit (3) to edit the audio file: 7d6.hits(5)=2
pbangarth
Cool thinking, Notsoevildm. Damn, I'm gonna have to run to keep up to you guys.
pbangarth
Professor's study of the body. A complete study would be an extended test, but how about just one roll:

LOG 5 + Physical Anthropology 4 + active looking for info 3 + Analytical Mind 2 + Analytics 2 (not sure about this last one) = 16 dice

==> 5 HITS
Red-ROM
QUOTE (HugeC @ Sep 10 2010, 06:05 AM) *
I think the discovery of a nasty mutilated corpse calls for a composure roll.

Charisma 4 + Willpower 4 + Kinesics 3 = 2 hits

I assume here that Kinesics applies, since it's about controlling your body language and facial expressions and such. Without it, I got zero hits! Red, can you let me know whether or not it should, and then I'll post accordingly.

I think kinesics is a stretch. I can see it counting for "Looking calm and collected" but not for a "stop myself from throwing up" kind of test. I guess it could count, anyway, you keep it together(unless you don't want to)
Red-ROM
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 10 2010, 10:05 AM) *
Professor's study of the body. A complete study would be an extended test, but how about just one roll:

LOG 5 + Physical Anthropology 4 + active looking for info 3 + Analytical Mind 2 + Analytics 2 (not sure about this last one) = 16 dice

==> 5 HITS

A cursory glance (extended test interval 1 minute) easy info=6 hits, I think 2 minutes would be required smile.gif
Red-ROM
@ acme: roll will+ counterspell vs. F6 control actions (4hits)
Acme
Oh drek, that's not a good thing to come back from work to read.

Dammit, now the dice crap out on me...

8d6.hits(5) → [6,5,4,2,3,2,3,2] = (2)
Notsoevildm
Edit roll for the second audio clip: 7d6.hits(5)=4.

Seems, Ferret has found his niche: editing media streams.
pbangarth
Red-ROM, do you want me to roll for Professor's search of Heka's commlink?

Oh, here are the Drain resistance rolls for the two Attribute Boosts (each at 1S):

WIL 5 + BOD 4 = 9 dice ==> 5 HITS, 3 HITS, no drain
Red-ROM
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 11 2010, 10:37 AM) *
Red-ROM, do you want me to roll for Professor's search of Heka's commlink?

Oh, here are the Drain resistance rolls for the two Attribute Boosts (each at 1S):

WIL 5 + BOD 4 = 9 dice ==> 5 HITS, 3 HITS, no drain

Heka wasn't particularly tech savvy, so I imagine you find all his contact's numbers and whatever else is in there
Red-ROM
I'm gonna probably gloss over the hospital drop, although I'm not sure what you guys imagine would happen when you roll up at a hospital with a shot up corpse. I just want to get Oswald back in the action. By the way he closed his chat room for 15 minutes. I guess you guys started your own party line? I don't think Oswalds knows about the phone chick yet, and he's on his way to bellview

@ Seph: are you doing anything on the scene here before we move on?

@ Acme: I was imagining that spell getting trounced, and all hell breaking loose on camera smile.gif I guess things will go a little smoother this way... not better necessarily...
Acme
Well trust me, I envisioned the spell getting trounced and then turning around and doing something the arcane equivalent of pantsing him for doing something like that. I still swear they invented the Orgasm/Orgy spell JUST for Coyote/Trickster shamans...
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Sep 11 2010, 06:22 PM) *
I guess you guys started your own party line? I don't think Oswalds knows about the phone chick yet, and he's on his way to bellview

We have each other's contact details, so should be easy to set up a conference call. I can host it on my comm' if necessary, as it's probably one of the most powerful / secure in the group (after the paranoid old man's). wink.gif

One more thing, the biker's squeeze mentioned 'Ted-E is dead'. Don't suppose that name rings a bell, or is linked to BDLL or his crew. If it's not in the info we have, I will do some more matrix research when we get to a safe location.

Sephiroth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Sep 11 2010, 04:22 PM) *
@ Seph: are you doing anything on the scene here before we move on?

Just making up for the lack of a commlink. You can move the scene along if you need to.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Acme @ Sep 11 2010, 07:11 PM) *
... and doing something the arcane equivalent of pantsing him ...I still swear they invented the Orgasm/Orgy spell JUST for Coyote/Trickster shamans...

Please do. Pretty please. spin.gif
Sephiroth
@pbangarth: you forgot to answer Jovan's question on the mutilated body, good sir.
Saint Sithney
Yo ROM, can I assume that Oswald makes it to the sound alright, or even back to his warehouse?
Red-ROM
@ saint: yeah, thats fine
pbangarth
Alright Acme, raising the bar for the rest of us! Working to get your PC killed before he joins the group. Tough to match that!
HugeC
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Sep 11 2010, 12:22 PM) *
I'm gonna probably gloss over the hospital drop, although I'm not sure what you guys imagine would happen when you roll up at a hospital with a shot up corpse.

Hopefully the plan outlined in my latest IC post will cover this.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (HugeC @ Sep 13 2010, 04:05 PM) *
Hopefully the plan outlined in my latest IC post will cover this.

Assuming Ferret can hack the IDs successfully - Computer (4) + Edit (3) + Hot Sim (2):

Heka's ID: 9d6.hits(5)=5

Thirty's ID: 9d6.hits(5)=3

To make them stick I guess Ferret would also need to alter the records in Department of Transport (DoT) database, but that would require a full matrix run to find an exploit (which can take hours), get an admin account, edit the records, etc., which I would prefer to do when we get to Oswald's.
@ROM: Let me know how you want to handle that.
pbangarth
I don't think there needs to be a roll just to see if a spirit is still there, but here's one for detecting spells or other magic on the car itself:

INT 4 + Assensing 5 + active looking 3 = 12 dice ==> 3 HITS
Sephiroth
I hope you won't ambush me on the way there, Red-ROM, but here's a roll anyway to see if Jovan knows a relatively safe, unoccupied route through the sewers to Everett.

INT 6 + Navigation (Sewer Routes) 3 = 9d6 =2 hits. Bleh.
Red-ROM
@ seph: I'm not trying to hold up this meeting really, but Everett is way north of Seattle, and Tacoma is way south. and I doubt the sewers are all connected in any meaningful way. I mean I'm no city planner, but I imagine that they are seperate systems.

@ Notso: You have edited the ID's to the point that you feel comfortable with. no way to know how successfull it will be.
Saint Sithney
If Jovan can use the sewers to get to a 3rd party site in Tacoma, I can have the blimp meet him there. Rigger Cocoons sure as hell don't have windows and the blimp has a signal range which should keep it from ever falling out of mesh with the 'Trix.

Meanwhile, I can take the Kull off the roof of the Rover and get it to Bellview or Toursitville, Redmond, to pick up our biker buddy. They can strap him into the gurney in the back, and I can fix him up on the ride with the Valkyrie Module.

Couple people ride with our charge while the remaining guy follows in the sedan.

Sound like a feasible means of moving things along?

BTW, speaking of patching people up, did anyone take stun damage from that earlier attack on the way in? If you link me to your Medikit through your com, I can patch you up remotely.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Sep 13 2010, 09:24 PM) *
If Jovan can use the sewers to get to a 3rd party site in Tacoma, I can have the blimp meet him there. Rigger Cocoons sure as hell don't have windows and the blimp has a signal range which should keep it from ever falling out of mesh with the 'Trix.

Meanwhile, I can take the Kull off the roof of the Rover and get it to Bellview or Toursitville, Redmond, to pick up our biker buddy. They can strap him into the gurney in the back, and I can fix him up on the ride with the Valkyrie Module.

Couple people ride with our charge while the remaining guy follows in the sedan.

Sound like a feasible means of moving things along?

BTW, speaking of patching people up, did anyone take stun damage from that earlier attack on the way in? If you link me to your Medikit through your com, I can patch you up remotely.

We also have Ferret's van, so one of us can ride with our captive and two more can each drive a vehicle. I think this would work better than leaving a car somewhere. We have an embarrassment of vehicles in our employ.

Nope, both Thirty and Professor were unhurt. Heka got it all.
pbangarth
I'm a little mixed up about the timeline of the two conversations Professor is having. I will try to rationalize them in Professor's response to Jovan. The easiest would be to jump to the later of the two times. I hope we can all get onto the same timeline then... my poor little brain is starting to hurt!
Sephiroth
My apologies. I meant it to be that Jovan responded shortly after Professor asked about Everett, and then left, since at the current time Professor no longer seems to be astrally perceiving. So at the current time, Jovan would already be home doing his stuff.
pbangarth
No probs. I think we are all on the same clock now.
Saint Sithney
I thought Ferret didn't want to take his van out of the barrens for fear that it will be tagged by K.E. Though that might just be him doing a flavor thing. AFIK it's not used or stolen, but purchased at chargen and so just as "legal" as Thirty's ride.

If that's not a concern, then I don't even need to send the Rover down. Only benefit to the Rover was using Oswald's genuine SIN and Privileged Family Name to keep local law enforcement from asking questions.
Red-ROM
You guys seem to be getting everyone to Oswald's place ok. I figure Oswald can post what he's sending and describe his place, and everyone can do their entrance and set up without much from me. Unless I have to kill somebody smile.gif

we really seem to be hitting a good stride here actually
pbangarth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Sep 14 2010, 08:53 PM) *
we really seem to be hitting a good stride here actually
Yeah, nobody's died in ... days! Well, a little over an hour in game time.
Acme
Yeah, and I'm about to get caught in, so we'll be back to full strength in about 20 minutes game time.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Sep 15 2010, 01:14 AM) *
I thought Ferret didn't want to take his van out of the barrens for fear that it will be tagged by K.E. Though that might just be him doing a flavor thing. AFIK it's not used or stolen, but purchased at chargen and so just as "legal" as Thirty's ride.

Ferret just wasn't keen about driving through Bellevue with a fake SIN and a tied up biker in the back. He's not keen on being out of the Barrens but Everett is not as heavily patrolled as Bellevue.
HugeC
What's the travel time from the bus depot to Oswsald's place in Everett? Gotta know how to timestamp my next post. wobble.gif

Edit: Something else has occurred to me. Heka was a dwarf. Can a guy as big as Thirty hope to fit into the driver's seat in his car? Perhaps engineering in 2072 has advanced so that car seats can adapt to fit all the various metatypes?
pbangarth
It's no problem for Professor... also a dwarf! grinbig.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (HugeC @ Sep 15 2010, 03:18 PM) *
Perhaps engineering in 2072 has advanced so that car seats can adapt to fit all the various metatypes?

There are vehicle modifications for dwarfs and trolls in Arsenal - metahuman adjustment. I only know because Ferret is a dwarf and both his van and bike have it fitted as an option. As Heka was a dwarf, I would assume that the driver seat at least has been modified to allow him to drive it. Basic book gives a -2 dice pool for using unadapted gear, so I guess Thirty would still be able to drive it, although with some difficulty.
pbangarth
For one, brief, shining hour, half the team was dwarf... dwarven... dwarfish... short... little people...

Damn.
HugeC
Allright, so while he traded up to a bit more expensive car, he's gonna have to shell out to get a new driver's seat put in if he wants to drive it himself. Prolly about as expensive as getting his old car cleaned and repaired anyhow. nyahnyah.gif
pbangarth
Well, I'd bet that Thirty got a deal here. Replacing whole panels and doors riddled with bullets can be expensive.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (HugeC @ Sep 15 2010, 11:29 AM) *
Allright, so while he traded up to a bit more expensive car, he's gonna have to shell out to get a new driver's seat put in if he wants to drive it himself. Prolly about as expensive as getting his old car cleaned and repaired anyhow. nyahnyah.gif

Oswald could probably rip the passenger and driver seat out and swap them. Takes a bit of time, but, a full auto shop can handle most modifications. Meanwhile Ferret could fix up the registration.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Sep 15 2010, 04:51 PM) *
Friday, Sept. 11, 2071, 10:50 AM, west coast of the Port of Tacoma, Tacoma

The central area of the Port of Tacoma is quite a sight for tourists today. A huge variety of ship
{full entry} OH, NO! Now we've lost Jovan!!! Ahhhhhhhhhrrrrggghhhh......
pbangarth
Professor assensing the subject for implants, etc.: 12 dice ==> 1 HIT

"D'uhhhh... I t'ink he's got a metal leg." *thunk* *thunk* "Yup."

I think I will have to use Edge here, this may be important, and this kind of work is supposed to be Professor's forte.

11 dice ==> 6 HITS

7 HITS TOTAL.

Yeah.... yeah.

Red-ROM, what's your view on repeated attempts at something like this. I'm happy to live with a crappy result when Edge is not warranted, but just for future reference.

By the way, somewhere back there did you tell us how Edge refreshes?
Sephiroth
Every day IC time, I believe.
Red-ROM
@ Pban: in the first IC post under Game Rules, every day of character time, unless we get in the middle of something and I have to slow it down. Anyway, for non-stress, easy-ish tests, I don't have a problem with a retry. For something harder, I'd use the book's example, -2 for each attempt (cumulative). Also I feel like I missed a joke about Jovan somewhere. Does it have something to do with the empty post IC??

Edit: who wants to write the blimp landing?
pbangarth
Yeah, that was it... the post that died in mid-sentence. Thanks for the guidelines.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Sep 16 2010, 01:14 AM) *
Also I feel like I missed a joke about Jovan somewhere. Does it have something to do with the empty post IC??

When I was originally trying to submit my post, my connection was being stupid and slow at the time, and it messed up my post. What pbangarth quoted above was my entire post after that happened. I went in a bit later and edited it to a period to make it look less haphazard.

pbangarth
Before responding to Ms. Johnson, I thought I'd look over our IC posts. Can it be true? None of us asked the Johnsons for any info they had on the other members of BDLL's team. Only that suggestion of magic. They hired the people didn't they? But we have no names, descriptions, skills... nada. Am I missing something? What the %#^%# were we thinking?

Oh, I know. We were role playing the shock of being bombed and watching proto-team members dying. Yeah.. that's it. Pretty good acting.

So, now Professor finally catches on, and would like to ask for that info from Ms. Johnson as we tell her about our progress.... and need for another replacement unit.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 16 2010, 04:53 AM) *
Before responding to Ms. Johnson, I thought I'd look over our IC posts. Can it be true? None of us asked the Johnsons for any info they had on the other members of BDLL's team. Only that suggestion of magic. They hired the people didn't they? But we have no names, descriptions, skills... nada. Am I missing something? What the %#^%# were we thinking?

Oh, I know. We were role playing the shock of being bombed and watching proto-team members dying. Yeah.. that's it. Pretty good acting.

So, now Professor finally catches on, and would like to ask for that info from Ms. Johnson as we tell her about our progress.... and need for another replacement unit.

QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Aug 13 2010, 02:10 PM) *
3:26 A.M., Jovan's home, Tacoma

Jovan's icon smiled in his digital chair. He had but two questions; no doubt the group he was joining would be able to elaborate on the other details, if they didn't kill him first. "'This is the short and the long of it.' What information do you have on the original team, and how much time hath we to do this job?"

She evaded Jovan's question about the team by saying that the others would be handled as a separate job, and that information about them would be forthcoming at that time. This is one reason why Jovan listed her as highly untrustworthy in his kill list - he suspects (of course he suspects, he's a nosferatu) that she's hiding something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012