Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Sephiroth
Based on his OOC post above, I believe Sithney is referring to Jack. I may of course be mistaken, however.
Red-ROM
that's my thought as well, but I wanted to be clear
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 8 2010, 10:36 PM) *
that's my thought as well, but I wanted to be clear

Affirmative. Trying to rouse Jack Jameson. My assumption is that he would be in another of the back offices, preferably one with a couch and a Trid display for entertainment. Meanwhile Danny would be guarding the door outside with one of his Ruger Warhawks in his good hand.

Hopefully he has been made to understand that he's under no immediate threat and is currently hidden away from the people who trashed his club looking for him. It would be nice if we could count on his help as a reference as we look toward finding this other group, so that we might exterminate them.

By the way, you guys should have let me wake Jovan and dose him with some Long haul. Sleeping through the action and being awake through the doldrums is no way to be. And if he had a spirit of less than force 8 guarding him, I could shoot it dead in a flash, so that's not an issue.
HugeC
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Oct 9 2010, 06:59 AM) *
By the way, you guys should have let me wake Jovan and dose him with some Long haul. Sleeping through the action and being awake through the doldrums is no way to be. And if he had a spirit of less than force 8 guarding him, I could shoot it dead in a flash, so that's not an issue.

Did someone prevent Oz from doing that? Anyway, even if Jovan were awake, he's gonna bake if he goes outside, right?

Edit to add a perception roll to look for Rusty in the club: Intuition 3 + Perception 3 = 4 hits
pbangarth
Professor Assensing the "street bum":

12 dice==> 3 HITS
pbangarth
Oops. Forgot the background count. Professor loses one of those hits on his Assensing.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (HugeC @ Oct 9 2010, 12:14 PM) *
Did someone prevent Oz from doing that? Anyway, even if Jovan were awake, he's gonna bake if he goes outside, right?

And I would point out that it's not like Jovan could be of much help even if he tried to be on-site in the astral in Glow City. With his Magic of 4 reduced to 1, he would be limited to overcasting Force 2 spells and summoning spirits that instantly get disrupted by the background count.

So actually, you didn't pick the absolute worst guys for this trip. Acme's a waaaaaaaaaay better choice for Glow City with his 6 Magic than Jovan and his 4 Magic and fatal weakness to sunlight. notworthy.gif
Acme
Yeah except being a shaman he's afraid to even cast a Force 1 spell for fear that Coyote will turn toxic from just being there. Hehe. Yeah... I've always considered the outright havoc a toxic Trickster could do.
Sephiroth
*cricket chirps*

Everyone still alive?
pbangarth
Hey, I post every day!
Sephiroth
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 11 2010, 04:26 PM) *
Hey, I post every day!

Touché.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Oct 11 2010, 08:22 AM) *
*cricket chirps*

Everyone still alive?

says the undead character

I had a busy weekend but I feel I've stayed on top of things.
Sephiroth
I guess I'm just unconsciously making myself impatient then, since I check here between classes multiple times a day. =/ Ma bad.
Saint Sithney
Ohhh! Shootin at a dart board!

Aglity 9 + skill 5 + 2 spec + 2 smartlink = 18d6.hits(5) → [2,2,4,2,1,2,3,5,1,4,3,5,6,5,5,1,4,4] = (5)
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Oct 12 2010, 05:31 AM) *
Ohhh! Shootin at a dart board!

Aglity 9 + skill 5 + 2 spec + 2 smartlink = 18d6.hits(5) → [2,2,4,2,1,2,3,5,1,4,3,5,6,5,5,1,4,4] = (5)

nice shot (called shot -4) and you didn't even "aim"
Notsoevildm
Exactly how many 'links were in the bag?

Ferret will look at each link to identify make and model. Ideally, he does a hard reset, then checks it out on the matrix. He stays in AR.

Here's some matrix perception rolls, primarily looking for black IC or data bombs:
Computer (4) + Analyze (3): 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=4, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=4, 7d6.hits(5)=4

This does mean he is totally distracted and not paying any attention to what is happening in the street.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Oct 12 2010, 06:17 PM) *
Exactly how many 'links were in the bag?

Ferret will look at each link to identify make and model. Ideally, he does a hard reset, then checks it out on the matrix. He stays in AR.

Here's some matrix perception rolls, primarily looking for black IC or data bombs:
Computer (4) + Analyze (3): 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=4, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=4, 7d6.hits(5)=4

This does mean he is totally distracted and not paying any attention to what is happening in the street.

(the voice of mr. Burns from the Simpsons)"Excelent"

There are about 20 Commlinks, It will take you about a minute to restart one, plus a few seconds to glance at it with the analyze program. There are 3 pairs of cheap sunglasses, one of which has an image link. There are many tags on the links either internal or stuck on them somewhere advertising the brand or discount store where they came from. At a glance, most of them seem to be bare bones, bottom of the line comms. Most of them haven't even finished the set up for first time user crap that pops up when they reboot.
Also, are you running a Scan program? you listed stealth, Analyze, and Browse. You won't detect hidden nodes without scan running
pbangarth
Yeah, I know, but there may be some useful information on one of these, as BDLL was known to discard them after use. Professor will try to keep a watch.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 13 2010, 12:57 AM) *
(the voice of mr. Burns from the Simpsons)"Excelent"

There are about 20 Commlinks, It will take you about a minute to restart one, plus a few seconds to glance at it with the analyze program. There are 3 pairs of cheap sunglasses, one of which has an image link. There are many tags on the links either internal or stuck on them somewhere advertising the brand or discount store where they came from. At a glance, most of them seem to be bare bones, bottom of the line comms. Most of them haven't even finished the set up for first time user crap that pops up when they reboot.
Also, are you running a Scan program? you listed stealth, Analyze, and Browse. You won't detect hidden nodes without scan running

Ferret has media junkie and AIPS flaws. I figured someone handing him a bag of commlinks, was like giving heroin to a junkie.

Regarding hidden nodes, Ferret is not actually checking for them. I was more thinking of setting up a weird network of cheap commlinks all slaved to each other or to his headlink, effectively creating a defensive ring of nodes around him, and then setting them all to hidden so no-one else could easily find them. If I need Scan loaded to do this, then I'll load it up along with Spoof and I guess Command (or Edit) to deactivate any of the internal tags (the external ones get pulled off and dumped). That will reduce my response by 1.

He will snag the glasses with the Image link just because he can and put them on while checking through the rest of the links.
pbangarth
Yeah, this is what Professor wanted out of life. To become a junkie's enabler.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Oct 13 2010, 02:53 AM) *
Ferret has media junkie and AIPS flaws. I figured someone handing him a bag of commlinks, was like giving heroin to a junkie.

Regarding hidden nodes, Ferret is not actually checking for them. I was more thinking of setting up a weird network of cheap commlinks all slaved to each other or to his headlink, effectively creating a defensive ring of nodes around him, and then setting them all to hidden so no-one else could easily find them. If I need Scan loaded to do this, then I'll load it up along with Spoof and I guess Command (or Edit) to deactivate any of the internal tags (the external ones get pulled off and dumped). That will reduce my response by 1.

He will snag the glasses with the Image link just because he can and put them on while checking through the rest of the links.

you don't need Scan for what your doing(although you won't detect any hidden tags). I was mentioning this for when you're "scanning the nodes in the area" your only seeing the active and passive nodes

edit: if you have admin access (like you do) you can deactivate internal tags without a program needed
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 14 2010, 04:15 AM) *
you don't need Scan for what your doing(although you won't detect any hidden tags). I was mentioning this for when you're "scanning the nodes in the area" your only seeing the active and passive nodes

edit: if you have admin access (like you do) you can deactivate internal tags without a program needed

Scanning for hidden nodes was next on Ferret's list until he got disctracted by the bag of commlinks. Also, he did not tell anyone who his contact was at the bar, so it looks like he will miss out on a chance to meet with Snot unless he looks up at an opportune moment.

Intuition (4) + Perception (4) - AIPS (1) = 7d6.hits(5)=0 - LOL, apparently not!
Saint Sithney
Yo, what up? Should I advance the wonderful world of Oz to 5:30-7:00 to help Jovan get back in play?
Should I message the crew again since no one responded to his question about air support?
Red-ROM
I've been struggling with this as well. The crew seems content to hang out and watch strippers for a while. But I can't imagine 3 or 4 hours of it. I guess it could happen though. Rusty might not show up until 7 or 8 right?
Acme
Well I don;t think it was that we were watching strippers, we're trying to see if that guy shows up, though you're doing your best to make it uncomfortable, heh. I'd vote for fastforward if he's not going to show.
HugeC
Seconded.
Notsoevildm
Ferret is just playing with the commlinks, for now. It's a stakeout so I assumed we might be there for a while. Feel free to fast forward to the evening.

pbangarth
Yeah, if Oswald wants to show up, that's fine. We won't find Rusty anywhere but in this neighbourhood, and Professor just set up an urchin network.
Red-ROM
yay. 7:00, Rover is recocooned, hats up with Oz and Jo ?
Red-ROM
1 day warning for sephiroth and notsoevildm
Notsoevildm
Thanks for the heads up. Will post shortly. Note that I am out of town this weekend and next few days. Will do my best to keep Ferret alive.
Sephiroth
Yaaaaayyyyyy no more dream sequences for Jovan. smile.gif
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Oct 16 2010, 01:08 AM) *
"If you're worried about me and your.. condition, please feel free to take a look around my warehouse. You'll see immediately that I don't throw away anything that's still useful. And before you go jumping to any conclusions and assume that it's common knowledge, I pieced it together from seeing you start smoking as you ran to the blimp earlier. That and you kept saying 'thou' in your messages. You might want to work on not using old English if you want people to think that you're normal like me and Danny. Heheheheh. So knuckle up and let's hit the road... Actually, there's soycaf if you need... and you might want to fill a thermos. I don't know how long we'll be out there before we hit on anything."

I was under the impression that the nuances of nosferatus, and even the nosferatus themselves, are not common knowledge among the people of the 6th World without knowledge skills regarding the Infected, owing to the extreme rarity of nosferatus. Or am I reading too much into this?
Red-ROM
@ Notso: I had glossed over getting the gear in an earlier post

Friday 9/11/71 . 4:00pm. 23rd street, "Glow City"

The crew took a while to get moving. They helped Oswald get situated and arranged a meet with beetle for supplies. Ferret weaseled his way through the barrens for about an hour, Avoiding major ambush sites and looking for navigable asphalt.

It was vague and easily overlooked, so We'll go with a delivery to the "stakeout".

@ Seph: are the riding conditions ok? I don't want to hand wave you guys to the barrens if the terms weren't acceptable

EDIT:

@ Notso: are you still tracking the girls com? That would be another program right? Or did you let that go when you figured out her location?
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Oct 15 2010, 08:29 PM) *
I was under the impression that the nuances of nosferatus, and even the nosferatus themselves, are not common knowledge among the people of the 6th World without knowledge skills regarding the Infected, owing to the extreme rarity of nosferatus. Or am I reading too much into this?

Can nosferatu not drink soycaf? I.. honestly didn't check... I just figured that you just woke up so an offer of coffee was appropriate. smile.gif

I don't think Oswald knows one dracula from any other.
Sephiroth
@Saint- the thing is that nosferatu can drink soycaf, whereas vampires, banshees, and the rest of the HMHVV-1 hemovores get sick if they try. It's one of the main secret advantages of any nosferatu face good at disguise, that they can actually eat in public to dispel the suspicion of people who think they might be a vampire. But if he doesn't know the difference, then I guess it's fine.

ROM- they/re fine, just give me a post to get on.
HugeC
Looks like the timestamp on Red's post is about 30 minutes prior to Notso's. Is Snot still there or did he and his buddies leave?
Red-ROM
well, they were leaving, but the time on this is hard to control.
HugeC
Whatcha wanna do, Red? I can easily edit the timestamp on my latest post to be closer to your post where Snot arrived, but I guess if Ferret didn't have the info until later, then...
Red-ROM
here's my current problems;
1) Ferret doesn't have the gear yet according to his most recent post
2) No one that actually went in Cheap-Oh's was informed about Snot? and the person that did know about him stayed in the van.
3) I introduced snot at the same time we decided to time warp a few hours for the benefit of the absent players
4) Not to tip my hand, but there are a lot of things going on in this scene and I'm having a real hard time trying to coordinate it.

So at 4:12 Snot and his friends leave, and Ferret is eyeballs deep in stolen commlinks and so he doesn't see him.

I think everything tracks to this scenario, so no rewrites necessary, but yea, Snot has been gone for half an hour by the time Ferret worries about it
Red-ROM
@Notso: I have been trolling through the OOC thread here looking for the gear you wanted(I think it was respirators and nova coke?) But I have gone blind, can you refresh my memory please
Acme
Ok, to Thirty and Ferret, I put it back to 4:12 since I don't think we really spent just 30 minutes all of a sudden.

@RedROM Sorry things have kinda been staring into the distance for a bit, hopefully that post will help us get on track.
HugeC
Note that Ferret's post was later (and I made mine before checking timestamp fidelity). I've edited my post, so I think all we have to do is have Acme change his timestamp. wink.gif
Saint Sithney
It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that the guys would have known about Snot from the hour plus ride to the place. I can't imagine that there wasn't an exchange of info during that long blank spot.

Some things a character might want to keep to themselves, but "the plan" probably isn't one of those things.
Acme
I'll change mine under protest, but I honestly don't think we just blew half an hour without mentioning anything. mad.gif
Red-ROM
The OOC thread is where we hammer out this shit, and I agree, Ferret probably mentioned it. I didn't, however, see anyone reacting to the troll with snot running down his face when I introduced him
Acme
Ok, as much as I'm still a little frustrated by things here, I think we just need to calm down and chalk it up to lack of communication between players and characters alike. It's understandable, from the OOC we're all on different schedules, and on the IC we're six characters just thrown together without getting to work out the kinks yet.
pbangarth
There are bound to be kinks to work out in any team just getting together. Also, I bet each one of us is involved in more than one game here on DS, so I suspect everyone else is like me and has to keep straight which character he is and what he is supposed to know. If we've missed Snot, then we may have to rearrange a meet with him, pay a bit more, and be done with it.

And Ferret could dazzle us with his Bargaining Skill and convince Snot he that he was the one in error and should give us a discount!
Saint Sithney
I think that Ferret was just going to bribe Snot with novacoke in order to get permission to operate without interference.

By the way, Seph, what do you think is the largest spirit Jovan can successfully summon disregarding drain?
Because, you're now in the Dr. Mobile. If you hop into the Valkyrie Module in the back, I can keep doing First Aid on you with 20 dice, minus the penalty for you being Awakened. So, that's an average of 6 hits or 4 boxes of damage healed after each attempted summon.

I feel like you could bung out high Force spirit, given enough tries..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012