Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ShadowOut. Or maybe FallRun 2.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
TimeKeeper
Something just hit me about 30 mintues ago and while I was out, I had an idea.

Black Isle Studios released the Fallout 2 Editor just before they went under right?
(Could've been viewed as a sign that we were not getting Fallout 3).

Has any one tried using the Editor to take Fallout 2 and mod it into something vaguely like Shadowrun?

Oh, and in response to my topic description, if God is fraggin omnipotent, couldn't he just leave the door open in the first place?
Siege
It's not particularly difficult -- the Fallout world can be easily duplicated in the SR mechanic with a minimum of fuss.

Points of note:
1. You might need to tweak some rules for radiation poisoning.
2. No critical hits
3. Create or modify creatures to reflect Fallout universe

If I remember the Fallout game, most if not all of the skills are listed/duplicated in the SR mechanic.

Take a look at someone else's houserule conversion for Fallout to Pen & Paper mechanics. Fallout Archive

-Siege
TimeKeeper
Ok then, so who wants to form a team to work on something like this?
Siege
Heh, I'll pitch and bounce ideas if you're so inclined, but I can't devote that much time to the project.

-Siege
Siege
Ok, so I'm bored and don't have a life:

Follow the link to the rough skills conversion section

-Siege
TimeKeeper
Ok, that helps, but I was just figuring... Has anyone actually used the editor yet? Can you change the main (NorCal) map or add your own cities? Can you add new weapons with pictures?

I had this idea to use the Sourcebook style of downloads for SR into expension sets for an SR video game for stuff like new weapons/gear, new locations/missions, and new contacts.
Siege
Ahhh, I was under the impression you wanted to take the SR pen-and-paper and re-mold it for the Fallout universe.

In answer to your question, yes -> you could use an editor to tweak the BoS or Fallout2 to duplicate SR if you're so inclined.

-Siege
TimeKeeper
BoS?
And that was my basic idea to do in the first place.
Surpirse no one jumped on that idea first.
Siege
QUOTE (TimeKeeper)
BoS?
And that was my basic idea to do in the first place.
Surpirse no one jumped on that idea first.

BoS: Brotherhood of Steel or "Fallout Tactics".

So -- you want to do a pen-and-paper of Fallout using SR mechanics?

Or are you trying to use an editor to make a SR computer game using the FallOut 2 engine?

-Siege

Edit: By the way, I found a .pdf file of someone's homebrew of the Fallout RPG using it's own mechanical system if you're so inclined.
TimeKeeper
Editor to turn Fallout into something Shadowrun-ish (not a true SR game, but close)
TimeKeeper
Ok, for anyone that's interested in joining this project,
sketchy details (along with the editor and documentation)
can be found here:
Shadowout 2 homepage
PM me if you want to help out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012