Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone near Montreal (Canada)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Kaladhan
I'm always up for some Shadowrun.. so if you're a group seeking a player or players looking for a game master, let me know.

I'm also curious to know how many people from Montreal are around here.

Although I've never played Eclipse Phase, I would certainly try it!
Mister Juan
Montrealer reporting in.
Inferno_24
And another Montrealer here.
Dr.Rockso
Representin' the 514.
Shadow Prophet
Salut Shadowrun Montréal!

Je serais intéressé de commencer une campagne avec du les 2-3 personnes sur ce post. J'ai été GM depuis un très long bout mais j'aimerais être joueur de nouveau. Si possible, les personnes du post qui sont intéressé de se rencontrer, je serais libre vendredi prochain (le 17) pour voir si tout le monde est compatible point de vue style de jeu. On pourra se rencontrer café Gitana au quartier latin ou café orienthé saint-denis/mont-royal.

Ça marche? Qui serait intéressé?

Backgammon
Hi Mak
pbangarth
How self-deprecating we Canadians are. No need to add 'Canada' after 'Montréal'. Is there any other place in the world by that name? Not one that matters!
Shadow Prophet
You still remember, Backgammon. I cannot help but be touched. I, of course, remember you.
Backgammon
And I, Iiiiiii, will always looooove yoooooooUUUU sang the air spirit
Shadow Prophet
So how are the marital hackles? The hackles are good? Like the hackles? Are the hackles impeding true Shadowrun? Do the hackles wish you had another Mak to obssess about SR with? Hackles?
Shadow Prophet
oi chummers.

One last player needed for the Montreal region. Anyone intested? Kaladhan, are you GM of a campaign at the moment?

Also, yes, there is only one true Montréal. Silly comment, really. heh
YoYoBo
Hope it's not too late for another one with you ?
Khairn
Cornwall runner here. Sure, its not quite Montreal and the metro line still hasn't made it out this far, but if anyone knows any other gamers in my area let me know. cyber.gif
johnnytenpins
if you drive south 90 minutes we have a small group in Burlington VT looking for a couple more regular players
Ze Mighty Vegetable
Hey chummers!

I'm a 30 years old guy in Montréal looking for a Shadowrun game. I played a few games of 4th edition, and kept current with the fluff. I can play or GM. Any places left?
Charon
Hey.

J'espère partir une campagne d'ici quelques semaines et mon vieux groupe aurait probablement besoin de sang neuf. En théorie j'ai quatre joueur mais en pratique c'est autre chose...

Alternativement, j'aimerais bien être joueur.

J'ai 31 ans et je suis plutôt décontracté dans mon style de joueur/gm. Une histoire cohérente, un peu de suspense, pas trop de temps perdu à lire des règles et quelques bonne blagues; c'est mon genre de session.

Par contre, je ne joue par longtemps avec des snobs du roleplay qui dénigre tout ce qui n'est pas une performance digne des Academy Awards, qui bouffent du temps de jeux à essayer d'optimiser leur PC (fait ça chez toi!) ou pour qui la quantité de dommage infligé par leur PC semble servir à compenser pour quelque chose...

Je peux jouer en anglais mais probablement pas GMer.

Maniack
Salut

J'aimerai bien me joindre a une game dans le coin de montreal

Je peux jouer, mais jai pas le temps de faire quelquechose de potable en tant que DM
Charon
QUOTE (Maniack @ Dec 31 2010, 02:20 AM) *
Salut

J'aimerai bien me joindre a une game dans le coin de montreal

Je peux jouer, mais jai pas le temps de faire quelquechose de potable en tant que DM

QUOTE (Ze Mighty Vegetable)
Hey chummers!

I'm a 30 years old guy in Montréal looking for a Shadowrun game. I played a few games of 4th edition, and kept current with the fluff. I can play or GM. Any places left?

Well, I can't reach either of you through Private Message... It would help if you turned the option on! wink.gif

Ze Mighty Vegetable; Do you game in french? (Your name remind me of the 'Le Concombre Masqué...')

It's looking like I have a campaign starting in about a month and might have some places.

What kind of gamer are you? PM me a bit about yourself.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Charon @ Jan 3 2011, 02:49 AM) *
Well, I can't reach either of you through Private Message... It would help if you turned the option on! wink.gif

It turns on once they have posted 10 or more messages on the forum. Or they go to the "Prove you're not a spambot" Thread.
Charon
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 3 2011, 05:49 PM) *
It turns on once they have posted 10 or more messages on the forum. Or they go to the "Prove you're not a spambot" Thread.

Oh. Well, tx for the info.
Ze Mighty Vegetable
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 3 2011, 05:49 PM) *

Thanks for the info! I do not think I am a spambot, but one can never be sure!
Ze Mighty Vegetable
Charon:

Hey!

I,m a 30 years old gamer who played Shadowrun 2nd edition in high school, skipped the 3rd edition (except for the fluff, wich I really like) and stumbled upon the 4th about a year ago. I played 3-4 sessions and liked what I saw.

My gaming experience is mostly centered around Vampire: The Mascarade/Dark Age. I mostly Gmed political/occult investigation games. My other setting/systems are M&M, In Nomine, 3.5, Paranoia, a heavily houseruled bastardisation of Scion/40k and Over The Edge.

I'm a firm believer in making characters togheter as a group, both to make sure all the bases are covered and to make sure we can actualy work togheter for a logical reason. In political games, I'm the first to stab my fellow players in the back. In any other games, I'm all for cooperation and won't pull stupid crap like stealing from my team. I like to give my character contacts with some human flaws. Being unlucky with dices, I like to roleplay botches (it was either learn to like it or curse at my luck). I like to make plans and do legwork before a run. I find it makes it easy for the GM to toss some little background crumbs that make the whole run seems more real, more anchored in the reality of the setting.

In general, I do not like making characters, finding it long and tedious. not so with Shadowrun, where I really love shopping for cyberwares and gear. My characters tend to be generalists with one speciality or two. Basically, I prefer for my character to have options instead of being the world's best at one thing and pretty much in sleep mode the rest of the time.

As a GM, I hate rules-lawyers. I'll tolerate any questions, and usually give the player 2 minutes (120 seconds) to state his case. I then rule for the game. The player can contact me after the game to talk about it further, but I do not do take backs. As a player, I use the same system. If I disagree with a GM's call, I'm going to ask him, but any discution of more than 2 minutes are detrimental to the game and will not happen.

I can play either in french or english, though my spoken english is workable, if a bit rusty. If you play in english, I'll probably do a fake accent for my character to represent that he's not perfectly fluent in the language (and excuse some prononciation mistakes smile.gif ).

If you got other questions, email me at brocoli_cuit@hotmail.com

Happy New Year!

Maniack
@Charon

Hi!

Since I can't PM you either i'll juste introduce myself here.

Ive ben playing roleplaying game since my childhood, my father introduced me to all this. Ive passed through the stage of powergaming in my teen years, i still have a tendency to optimize my character but flavor comes first (as it is much more fun to play a roleplaying game than a dice rolling game).

I've played DnD 3.5 and 4th, WoD old and new editions, In nomine, Exalted, Shadowrun, Fantasy Hero, Legend of the Five Rings, Paranoia. Ive also larped a few times in medieval fantastic settings and more recently in a Vampire game.

I'm short on time these days but in about a month its gonna be different.

If you wanna send a mail
elvenmaniac@hotmail.com
Charon
En français, donc!

J'ai résumé mon style dans un message précédent (#16).

J'ai l'intention de commencer une campagne de Shadowrun dans deux à quatre semaine.

Un petit synopsis.

L'idée de départ est que les PC sont une équipe de forces spéciale attaché à la Joint Task Force à Seattle. Officiellement, ils sont des membre du 101e régiment de logistique (un clin d'oeil évident à la Série 'The Unit') mais en fait ils conduisent des mission clandestines assez proche de ce que font des équipes de Shadowrunner normal. C'est un degré de 'deniability' moindre que des runners mais ils ont un bien meilleur support.

Logiquement, la plupart des PCs devrait venir de différentes branches de l'armée et être enrôlé depuis plusieurs année. Le degré de patriotisme/discipline peut-être assez variable (de l'idéaliste au professionel cynique) mais il faut éviter les Prima Donna et les background à la Nikita. Un personnage de SR créé avec 400 BP est très compétent mais est très loin d'être irremplaçable alors les attitudes de superstars égocentrique (typique chez certain joueurs...) ne font aucun sens dans l'armée; le PC se serait fait viré à coup de pied assez vite et aurait été remplacé par quelqu'un d'aussi bon mais moins couillon!

Les militaires de carrières, contrairement au Runner moyen, sont souvent un peu conservateur. Beaucoup sont en couple et même marié avec des enfants. (pas obligatoire, juste une suggestion). Par exemple, Il y a déjà un joueur qui a annoncé que son PC était veuf avec deux enfants en bas âge.

Sans vendre la mèche, ce Statu Quo ne dure pas indéfiniment et quand tout s'écroule, la cassure entre la vie avant et après va être importante à l'histoire. Plus un personnage est conservateur, rangé et avec une importante vie familiale, plus le choc va être grand. D'un autre côté, si tout le monde est marié avec trois enfants, c'est un peu bizarre... et les side-story lié à ce sujet vont être un peu redondante. Faut savoir doser.

Il va y avoir de l'intrigue mais il est très important que les PCs soient très loyaux entre eux. C'est tout ce qui va leur permettre de survivre. En fait, je dirait que la Loyauté (et son absence...) est probablement le thème central de la série. Il faut pratiquement la mentalité d'une meute de loup. Les PC purement mercenaire ne fonctionneront pas.

Parmis mes réguliers, un joueur veut jouer un Faceman et l'autre un ex-Rangers physical adept.

Voilà. Pensez-y un peu, on se reparle.
Ze Mighty Vegetable
Je penche un tantinet pour un cybered-up street sam ou un... mage. Mais probablement plus street sam. comme j'ai mentionné, j'adore acheter du gear de Shadowrun. Ca doit être mon côté féminin/shopping. Meh.

Pour ce qui est du background, une mère minvalide comme dépendante, ca te va? Couplé avec un frere ayant des flos que je vois rarement mais adore?

Ça fait un tantinet que je lurk dans ce forum. En lisant ton synopsis, ça m'a rappellé un thread: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=33854 . Tu auras peut-être des infos intéressante la dedans.

J'ai hâte de jouer!
whatevs
Ottawa. Definately up for a game. Emailonline@sympatico.ca
Khairn
Damn ... no one near Cornwall? Waaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!! frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012